Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan

Lance Moore - no fluke

Not saying he's going to go crazy like he did last week, BUT I would argue that he might be Brees's #1 target (yes over Colston) as long as Reggie Bush is out. He runs great routes (unlike Meachem), catches the ball (unlike Henderson), and will not draw the other teams top corner (unlike Colston). But those of you writing him off as just another Saints WR are making a BIG mistake!

Want proof, just look at Moore's 2008 stats when Bush missed the majority of the season: 79 catches for 928 yards and 10 TDs.

Get him if you still can!

2008? What about 2009? Lance Moore might be slightly better than Meachem this year, but Brees still spreads the ball too much to say that. Unless it's Colston, and even sometimes w him, it will be feast or famine w those wrs all day.

lol :rolleyes:

you'll see bro...

and regarding 2009, Moore was injured and Bush was not. I'm not saying Moore is their best WR, but with the current circumstances he's going to put up very solid numbers... just wait.

Another reason Moore's numbers were so big in 2008 was because Colston missed 5 games that season too. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's not a sure thing.

2008? What about 2009? Lance Moore might be slightly better than Meachem this year, but Brees still spreads the ball too much to say that. Unless it's Colston, and even sometimes w him, it will be feast or famine w those wrs all day.

From a Saints fan, Moore was injured nearly all of 2009. 2008 is more representative of his production in the Saints offense when healthy. Do what you feel, but in my opinion he's easily Brees' second option right now behind Colston. And he's not that far behind Colston with Bush out.

Blakeyson is 100% wrong on this, IMO.

Last week, I added/traded for Moore in 2 of my leagues and I recommended in my blog (on September 22nd in response to a question by Stonewall) that others do the same. I started him in one league and would have started him in the other, but the trade got pushed through too late to do it. In two other leagues I had trade offers out for him that were rejected.

I 'knew' he would be productive.

You can look it up: During the six games when Bush was hurt in 2008, Moore 'went off' for SEVEN TDs and just about 500 yards. The reason he did virtually nothing last year was because he was injured. What you saw on Sunday is what I expected (although no-one can predict 2 TDs, ever).

But his production now is anything but a fluke. Normally when Moore and Bush are BOTH healthy (which hasn't been all that often), they share the slot receiver role, and the Saints have more plays to isolate the slot receiver in space (as opposed to short slants or just 'sitting down' against a zone defense over the middle) than almost every other team in the NFL.

And with respect to those who think that fantasy football is mostly luck, it is the ability to 'project' ahead of the pack how something like an injury to Bush will likely impact the rest of the skill players on a roster that separates the skill of owners who usually win or come close to winning their leagues regularly.

Ironic this thread was started because I was thinking the same thing. I put in a wavier request to get Roy Williams but lost the bid so I picked up Lance Moore from free agency. I will start him until Santonio Holmes finishes his suspension. I'll be happy with a touchdown every other week and man crushing him if he gets one each week. :wub:

Moore will continue to be productive especially with Thomas being limited, just as good as a Wes Welker, I'm startin the guy over Megatron, what the hell, Megatron's killin me. Also with an easy matchup for the Saints, and Brees with a bum knee, I see lots of quick passes and dumpoffs, to protect Brees. Moore Scores!

I nabbed him last week and didn't start him or Collie. :thumbsdown:

Collie is in the lineup this week due to Austin being on bye, but I'm real close to playing Moore over Jennings as well. Jennings is killing me!

Not saying he's going to go crazy like he did last week, BUT I would argue that he might be Brees's #1 target (yes over Colston) as long as Reggie Bush is out. He runs great routes (unlike Meachem), catches the ball (unlike Henderson), and will not draw the other teams top corner (unlike Colston). But those of you writing him off as just another Saints WR are making a BIG mistake!

Want proof, just look at Moore's 2008 stats when Bush missed the majority of the season: 79 catches for 928 yards and 10 TDs.

Get him if you still can!

Ride that Saints train. I am not a believer. Even with Bush out - the merry-go-round is too spread out.

Blakeyson is 100% wrong on this, IMO.

Last week, I added/traded for Moore in 2 of my leagues and I recommended in my blog (on September 22nd in response to a question by Stonewall) that others do the same. I started him in one league and would have started him in the other, but the trade got pushed through too late to do it. In two other leagues I had trade offers out for him that were rejected.

I 'knew' he would be productive.

You can look it up: During the six games when Bush was hurt in 2008, Moore 'went off' for SEVEN TDs and just about 500 yards. The reason he did virtually nothing last year was because he was injured. What you saw on Sunday is what I expected (although no-one can predict 2 TDs, ever).

But his production now is anything but a fluke. Normally when Moore and Bush are BOTH healthy (which hasn't been all that often), they share the slot receiver role, and the Saints have more plays to isolate the slot receiver in space (as opposed to short slants or just 'sitting down' against a zone defense over the middle) than almost every other team in the NFL.

And with respect to those who think that fantasy football is mostly luck, it is the ability to 'project' ahead of the pack how something like an injury to Bush will likely impact the rest of the skill players on a roster that separates the skill of owners who usually win or come close to winning their leagues regularly.

Solid sh*t right there Madd. :thumbsup:

Says the wishful guy who receiving core sucks and got Moore off the wire last week...

Don't be so quick to bash the original poster.

Alot also depends on your league size and requirements.

I play in a 12 team league, and we start 3 wr and a flex.

No I didn't start him last week. But he's definitaly startable. Especially now that bye weeks and injuries will start coming on.

I nabbed him last week and didn't start him or Collie. :thumbsdown:

Collie is in the lineup this week due to Austin being on bye, but I'm real close to playing Moore over Jennings as well. Jennings is killing me!

OK - I love the Lance Moore situatuin as I indicated above. But come to your senses, man.

Chicago was playing 'Cover 2' the whole game, giving away the slants over the middle to Driver (NINE receptions), and taking away Jennings and the longer stuff. This type of defense really isn't all that effective against the Pack, and it won't be used every week. The scheme is not what beat the Pack - the Pack beat themselves through one of the most error-prone performances I've withnessed them have in some time.

Jennings will get his, and it will come at the time that you put him on your bench.

Jennings sucks :thumbsup:

As for Lance Moore, all you had to do was remember back to 2008 when Bush was hurt and Moore went off. Colston was dealing with injuries as well but Moore is the main beneficiary in the slot from the absence of Reggie. I know this has been said a few times already but fuck it, i like to read myself type.

Moore goes from almost a non factor with Bush healthy to potentially the best PPR WR in New Orleans simply because with Bush healthy, there really isn't a role for Moore. Colston is the big bodied playmaker, and they have Henderson as the speed guy on the outside. But now a more fulltime role has been opened up for Moore.

I added him in the only league he was available.

I'm on board the Lance Moore train. Just picked him up and dropped Bay Bay in my extremely shallow 10 man league... mainly due to me not wanting to spend my high priority on quality guys like M. Clayton and Murphy <_<

Hopefully he works out for at least a while because Megatron sucks and my other WRs are poo.

Maybe DBowe will get more involved after the bye and Ward will be much better when Big Ben comes back.... Hopefully... :unsure:

I like Moore as well, but not as much when Bush returns, so I traded him for Brandon Jackson to add to my stable of mediocre RB2s, Ricky, Felix and Leon to complement my RB1 Bradshaw, and as a result, I will be relying on James Jones and McCluster at WR3. They say it's good to buy low and sell high, so maybe Jackson's value takes a huge step forward and Moore's takes a step back this week.

I like Moore as well, but not as much when Bush returns, so I traded him for Brandon Jackson to add to my stable of mediocre RB2s, Ricky, Felix and Leon to complement my RB1 Bradshaw, and as a result, I will be relying on James Jones and McCluster at WR3. They say it's good to buy low and sell high, so maybe Jackson's value takes a huge step forward and Moore's takes a step back this week.

Trading Moore for Brandon Jackson is neither buying low nor selling high. It is giving away value for a less than mediocre RB. From the two games I've watched Jackson play this year, it is very apparent that he is NOT the answer to the Packers running game. So he as almost no value (much less than Moore right now at any rate), and it is more likely that you paid for him with a high waiver wire priority or overbid, and are now selling him for a loss.

Jennings sucks :thumbsup:

As for Lance Moore, all you had to do was remember back to 2008 when Bush was hurt and Moore went off. Colston was dealing with injuries as well but Moore is the main beneficiary in the slot from the absence of Reggie. I know this has been said a few times already but fuck it, i like to read myself type.

Moore goes from almost a non factor with Bush healthy to potentially the best PPR WR in New Orleans simply because with Bush healthy, there really isn't a role for Moore. Colston is the big bodied playmaker, and they have Henderson as the speed guy on the outside. But now a more fulltime role has been opened up for Moore.

I added him in the only league he was available.

Call me crazy but I'm starting him over Colston. I watched that ATL game and he is wide open while Colston is doubled tight every play.

I still think it's a carousel. They are blanketing Colston, and he's never going to be a deep threat, 60 yds, maybe a short TD.

I think Lance Moore is going to be covered a little more, and not left alone to streak from the slot, too many highlights with him being left uncovered.

Yes, I drafted Meachem as my #3 WR, so I keep starting him with pateince (I have little choice), but where did his 9TDs just get forgotten about in the same offense as last year ?

I heard a caller on Sirius NFL asking where is Meechem, I said "right on brother"....I could tell he was from New Orleans.