Sign in to follow this  
BarNinja

Just Braggin'

After 5 weeks, I am 5-0. My roster is beyond stacked and now I fret over who to start. I know nobody cares but I just wanted to spout off a bit.

QB: Drew Brees (traded for him week 1 - gave up Rivers and Benson; shoulda kept Rivers, oh well)

RB: Chris Johnson, Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, LeSean McCoy, Peyton Hillis

WR: Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, Malcolm Floyd, Percy Harvin, Austin Collie, Deion Branch

TE: Dallas Clark

D: PITT

K: Nick Folk

I know hubris like this will come back to bite me but damn! that team looks good. Anyone else just loaded?

Earlier today Boston Three Party made reference to stabbing himself in the face with a rusty aids infected spoon. I'd like to borrow it from him when he's done and drive it into your forehead.

After 5 weeks, I am 5-0. My roster is beyond stacked and now I fret over who to start. I know nobody cares but I just wanted to spout off a bit.

QB: Drew Brees (traded for him week 1 - gave up Rivers and Benson; shoulda kept Rivers, oh well)

WR: Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, Malcolm Floyd, Percy Harvin, Austin Collie, Deion Branch

I know hubris like this will come back to bite me but damn! that team looks good. Anyone else just loaded?

I've got a similar team:

Manning

Gore, Foster, Bradshaw

Austin, Jennings (Floyd was on bench)

Finley

Finley goes down, Manning is blech, should have started Floyd (which I will moving forward) and POOF!@# no more undefeated season.

It will happen to you. You won't know when, so you'll cower in fear of which stud to start every week, knowing that the '72 Dolphins are ready to uncork some champagne on your ass. Have fun. :wave:

Since we're bragging ... I don't feel unstoppable but I feel pretty good about my chances. My standard scoring, 14-team league roster:

QB: Roesthlisberger

RB: MJD

RB: DWill

WR: Roddy White

WR: Wallace, Housh, Jacoby (pick one)

TE: Gates

Flex: McCoy

Flex: Bradshaw

K: Rackers

D: Patriots / Giants

Right now I'm 4-1 and only 5 points off the league lead. I'm especially happy since I've been saddled with Anderson, Henne, Garrard and Bradford at QB. And I've gotten next to nothing out of my first two picks. Now that I've got an actual quarterback I think this team looks even better.

All that said, it's how you finish the year - not how you start it. All you have to do is get into the playoffs and then win three straight. I ended up winning this league last year after Ronnie Brown went down, only because Jerome Harrison went off the final two weeks. So the point is that every team suffers injuries and luck + riding the hot hand is usually what wins championships.

Good luck. Your roster is pretty loaded for any format. :cheers:

Roethelisberger (traded Braylon for Ben)

Mendenhall

Moreno/Felix/Jackson/Spiller/Jacobs

Wayne

Royal/Smith/need to add player

Gates

I wouldn't consider them all super-stars but they have been very consistent and I'm #2 in points scored.

Congrats on winning week 1-5!! That and $2.00 can get you a Starbucks coffee

Our championship game is week 16, so I'll let you know how I do.

5-0 in a 10 team cash league after barely winning last night by 1.6 but my dumbazz also benched Floyd this week to go with Mike Williams.

QB-Flacco,Orton

RB-Foster,Benson,Bradshaw,Torrain,R Bush

WR-Moss,AJ,Floyd,Williams,Branch

TE-Finley,Hernandez

K-Crosby,Buehler

Def-KC,Atlanta

Congrats on winning week 1-5!! That and $2.00 can get you a Starbucks coffee

Our championship game is week 16, so I'll let you know how I do.

This.

Doesn't sound like this guy has been playing very long.

How were you able to draft Chris Johnson, Arian Foster, Miles Austin, LeSean McCoy, Dallas Clark, Philip Rivers, Cedric Benson, Percy Harvin, Ahmad Bradshaw, and the Pittsburgh defense? Hell, even Malcolm Floyd was pretty expensive with the Vincent Jackson holdout. What kind of bush league are you in?

Chris Johnson is your 1st rounder, that much is clear.

Then you've got eight players who should have been gone by the next four rounds.

Congrats on being loaded in an 8-10 team league :rolleyes:

I won by .01 point last night, feeling pretty invincible about that.

4-1 (lost to 25 point Steelers D and C Johnson failures one week), feel good about my team, but terrible WR corps.

QB - Roethlisberger

WR - Holmes, Murphy, Royal, Clayton :cry: , Mason

RB - Johnson, Mendenhall, McFadden :wall:, Jackson

TE - Gates

K - Rackers/rotating

Def - Rotating

Gotta trade for a top tier receiver (or two) and I'll be good to go.

How were you able to draft Chris Johnson, Arian Foster, Miles Austin, LeSean McCoy, Dallas Clark, Philip Rivers, Cedric Benson, Percy Harvin, Ahmad Bradshaw, and the Pittsburgh defense? Hell, even Malcolm Floyd was pretty expensive with the Vincent Jackson holdout. What kind of bush league are you in?

Chris Johnson is your 1st rounder, that much is clear.

Then you've got eight players who should have been gone by the next four rounds.

Congrats on being loaded in an 8-10 team league :rolleyes:

Really? I got Bradshaw in the 7th and Foster in the 8th of a 10-teamer, albeit not against the sagest of FF minds. Also depends when the draft was. I could see an order of:

CJ

Austin

Benson

Clark

McCoy

Rivers

Foster

Bradshaw

Harvin/Floyd/PITT

:dunno:

Really? I got Bradshaw in the 7th and Foster in the 8th of a 10-teamer, albeit not against the sagest of FF minds. Also depends when the draft was. I could see an order of:

CJ

Austin

Benson

Clark

McCoy

Rivers

Foster

Bradshaw

Harvin/Floyd/PITT

:dunno:

Unless, it's a keeper league, then he's playing with retards.

CJ - 1.1 Yes

Austin - 2.10 Maybe but prolly not

Benson - 3.1 maybe

Clark - 4.10 maybe

McCoy -5.1 No

Rivers -6.10 Hell No

Foster - 7.1 Hell No

Bradshaw - 8.10 Hell No

Harvin - 9.1 Hell no

Flyod - 10.10 maybe

It actually went like this:

10 Team League

01.01 Chris Johnson

02.10 Miles Austin

03.01 LeSean McCoy

04.10 Phillip Rivers

05.01 Dallas Clark

06.10 Cedric Benson (no idea why he was still there. Just one of those guys in every draft)

07.01 Ahmad Bradshaw

08.10 Arian Foster (the hype train hadn't gotten up to full steam when we drafted)

09.01 Malcom Floyd

10.10 Derrick Mason (went in the Rivers/Benson trade & I got Brees/Harvin - Harvin was hurt/migraines then)

11.01 Austin Collie

12.10 PITT D

13.01 Devin Hester (dropped for Hillis)

14.10 Laurence Maroney (dropped for Lloyd)

15.01 Ryan Longwell (dropped for Folk)

My strategy was basically to snag a great WR, QB, TE in the early rounds after CJ and then load up on RBs. It seems to me WRs will emerge from no where more often than RBs.

I know this type of thread get crapped on but deep down we all love talking about our rosters even if no one really wants to listen.

I know this type of thread get crapped on but deep down we all love talking about our rosters even if no one really wants to listen.

Interesting. What is it you're looking for? To have a lot of people on the internet say, "wow, good job!" Or for people to express jealousy? Or did you just feel after this weekend, I GOTTA TELL SOMEBODY ABOUT MY ROSTER!, then decide, hey, let's start a post.

Just curious on what would make you most "happy" as far as responses to this. I have a very good roster, but to be honest I can't see how I'd get any excitement out of posting it here, but maybe I should try it.

just the opposite.. i had a rough auction and have been scrambling all season to fill the holes. i grabbed Maclin, Torain and Hillis.. but whiffed on Fred Taylor and (thru injury) Clayton.. i need help.. not sure where its going to come from

10 Team League

Bragging about doing well in a 10 team league is like bragging you got laid by someone who took a roofie

Bragging about doing well in a 10 team league is like bragging you got laid by someone who took a roofie

Oh yeah? I'm in a 32 team league. Bragging about anything but a 32 teamer is like bragging about how your league is better than everyone else's.

Oh yeah? I'm in a 32 team league. Bragging about anything but a 32 teamer is like bragging about how your league is better than everyone else's.

Pfft that's nothing. I'm in a 64-team league. My starter is Todd Collins and I've got Curtis Painter as a backup. I'm in first place though cause I got CJ2 first overall. So you can suck it. :bandana:

5-0 in a 10 team cash league after barely winning last night by 1.6 but my dumbazz also benched Floyd this week to go with Mike Williams.

QB-Flacco,Orton

RB-Foster,Benson,Bradshaw,Torrain,R Bush

WR-Moss,AJ,Floyd,Williams,Branch

TE-Finley,Hernandez

K-Crosby,Buehler

Def-KC,Atlanta

Wow, a 10 teamer

Ok, I'll bite.

QB: Rivers / Eli / Big Ben

RB: Adrian Peterson / Jahvid Best / Ray Rice (acquired via trade Michael Vick, Matt Forte & Austin Collie) /

WR: Miles Austin / Hakeem Nicks / Andre Johnson (acquired via trade of Darren McFadden & Peyton Hillis) / Percy Harvin

TE: Antonio Gates

K: Mason Crosby

DP: Jon Beason

DP: Barrett Ruud

DP: Greg Toler

Ok, I have to admit. I am enjoying doing this.

Ok, I'll bite.

RB: Adrian Peterson / Jahvid Best / Ray Rice (acquired via trade Michael Vick, Matt Forte & Austin Collie) /

WR: Miles Austin / Hakeem Nicks / Andre Johnson (acquired via trade of Darren McFadden & Peyton Hillis) / Percy Harvin

Nice job; that lineup is just unfair. :doublethumbsup:

To others that say "nice 10-teamer" I say... well, yeah, it is unlikely that you are going to have a stacked team in a 16-teamer. I'm actually impressed that MDC posted a 14-teamer, and for those who've played in larger leagues, that is a pretty stacked team for the size.

Ok, I'll bite.

Kudos.

Brady

Colston/Ward/Floyd/Smith(NYG)/TO

Chris Johnson/Benson/Foster

Dallas Clark

Rackers

NYJ

4-1 and only loss came on fluke the week I played highest scorer in the league - I was second highest.

First place with most points scored.