Sign in to follow this  
idlewild

Sidney Rice

Go where?

He came off the PUP...they have 3 weeks to activate him.

I have yet to here about him even running full speed, much less being in game shape.

Do you really think they would have cut moss if they didn't know that this guy is gonna be a monster.

Its Brad Childress.

Yes, I really think they would have cut Moss not exactly knowing what Rice will be able to do this year.

As a Rice owner, I almost shed a tear with this news.

Sidney Rice-WR-Vikings Nov. 3 - 2:30 pm et

Sidney Rice (hip) was able to run at full speed and make cuts in his return to Vikings practice Wednesday. Rice "didn't appear hindered by the injury," according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, while Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press confirms that what Rice was able to do "looked encouraging," even if he's still "rusty, as expected." Rice isn't likely to play in Week 9, but could return for Week 10.

Source: Chip Scoggins on Twitter

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Sidney Rice (hip) was able to run at full speed and make cuts in his return to Vikings practice Wednesday. Rice "didn't appear hindered by the injury," according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, while Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press confirms that what Rice was able to do "looked encouraging," even if he's still "rusty, as expected." Rice isn't likely to play in Week 9, but could return for Week 10.

Damn. I guess I have to hold him. I really like my IDP player, DJ Williams, and don't want to cut him. He's top 4 in my league and mad consistent 10-12 points weekly. Maybe that's retarded though.

:headbanger: :headbanger:

Sidney Rice (hip) running full speed, cutting

Rice

Sidney Rice (hip) was able to run at full speed and make cuts in his return to Vikings practice Wednesday.

Rice "didn't appear hindered by the injury," according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, while Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press confirms that what Rice was able to do "looked encouraging," even if he's still "rusty, as expected." Rice isn't likely to play in Week 9, but could return for Week 10. Nov. 3 - 2:30 pm et

Ive been watching this all day long and went to eat and come back and read this and went to pick Rice up and another SOB got him :wall: :mad: I am pissed. I did get him in another league but i need #2 WR bad now that Moss is even more of a question mark.

Ive been watching this all day long and went to eat and come back and read this and went to pick Rice up and another SOB got him :wall: :mad: I am pissed. I did get him in another league but i need #2 WR bad now that Moss is even more of a question mark.

I just picked him up, but I really don't need him because I have Boldin, Nicks, Marshall, MWilliams (TBay). I can only play 2 so I guess I'll try to find a taker to trade with. Not an easy task in my league.

drop Steve Johnson for Rice? Rice doesn't have the best schedule going forward but he's sidney rice :unsure:

Go where?

He came off the PUP...they have 3 weeks to activate him.

I have yet to here about him even running full speed, much less being in game shape.

It would appear as if I just mind raped you, sir.

Waiting for Yahoo notes to update you on player status is not how you win championships.

I put out offers for both S Rice and V Jackson in 3 of my leagues (the others are my dynasty league and deep keeper league where I've got no chance of getting them).

I DID manage to snag both Rice and V Jax in my 10 team auction league. I'm just a little out of balance right now with only one QB and no D or K, so I'm obviously looking for some trades.

If I don't get any bites on any of the 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 trade offers i have out, I'm totally willing to take zeros at both my D and K positions for this week and maybe even next. IMO, this is how you win championships.

Here's my roster:

Rivers, Tony Gonzalez, Zack Miller

Foster, Bradshaw, Forte, Hillis, Torain, Blount

Nicks, Fitz, R Moss, Garcon, M Williams (TB), M Wallace, V Jax, S Rice

D: none, K: none.

I just yanked Rice off WW. Dropped Britt to get him, but Britt will be out for a bit and has competition from Moss now.

Vincent Jackson is another story...he's still on WW too, but I'm not sure who to boot to make room for him. Gates injury along with the multiple injuries to their WR core in San Diego makes him a possible HUGE addition for the stretch run. I'm trying to figure out who to jettison for him from Michael Bush (most likely), Hines Ward, Santana Moss or Steve Smith (CAR).

I put out offers for both S Rice and V Jackson in 3 of my leagues (the others are my dynasty league and deep keeper league where I've got no chance of getting them).

I DID manage to snag both Rice and V Jax in my 10 team auction league. I'm just a little out of balance right now with only one QB and no D or K, so I'm obviously looking for some trades.

If I don't get any bites on any of the 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 trade offers i have out, I'm totally willing to take zeros at both my D and K positions for this week and maybe even next. IMO, this is how you win championships.

Here's my roster:

Rivers, Tony Gonzalez, Zack Miller

Foster, Bradshaw, Forte, Hillis, Torain, Blount

Nicks, Fitz, R Moss, Garcon, M Williams (TB), M Wallace, V Jax, S Rice

D: none, K: none.

Yo mad. Nice strategy. If you have time and wouldn't mind what would you look to do with my squad? I'd love to move a wr for a rb upgrade but it's a 14 team league and rbs are super thin....so even if I offer say Best/Blount plus Owens it's tough to even get a conversation going.

Qb: Stafford

Wr: Roddy

Wr: Calvin

RB: CJ2K

RB: Blount

TE: Hernandez

Flex: Owens

Bench: Best, M. Bush, S. Rice, Garrard

It would appear as if I just mind raped you, sir.

Waiting for Yahoo notes to update you on player status is not how you win championships.

I don't wait for Yahoo to do so.

I posted that prior to him actually practicing.

Also, he has been rostered in my league since the draft anyway.

Always respect your opinion, but I never liked this strategy. Why would you ever want to potentially spot your opponent 10-20 points (or more) before the week begins? Yes your team is loaded and you have ridiculous depth, and you should be able to make some trades. You also SHOULD be a lock to make the playoffs. But if you get stuck without a trade, I'd absolutely drop a Ryan Torian and/or LaGarrette Blount, over taking a ZERO at ANY position. I know you mainly play in PPR leagues, so when is Torain or Blount EVER going to start over Foster, Bradshaw, Forte, OR Hillis in your lineup? They aren't in my opinion, especially now that the bye weeks have just about passed. So is the strategy just to keep them out of your opponents hands? If so, I think the overall "value" is minimal compared to spotting your opponent points for a week or two. Every point can matter, even if it's just for playoff seeding. Just my opinion. Would appreciate any furthur thoughts on this... Obviously working hard to make a trade is the easiest answer to this problem.

Great comment and question, Stew. I made those pick-ups and put myself in the situation for several reasons.

First, I've got enough firepower that I should win this weekend even if I don't get a trade made this week. I'm sure some guys in my league are just sitting back waiting to see who I will drop. Others will see that they can get a decent 2 for 1 if they need depth, and will probably put in a late-week counter offer. I have a reasonable chance of winning this week-ends match up playing with two positions empty based on the team I face. But even if I lose, I will not be losing to a competing team and therefore there is very little chance that my team won't make the play-offs. If I can't make a trade in time for the weekend, but actually win, there is a much better chance that I'll get a trade that I like next week.

There is also a very practical ' wait and see' aspect to this. It is a PPR league. Frankly I'd like another week or two to get some clarity as to who to cut. Obviously, Rivers, T Gonzalez, and Z Miller stay on the team, as does Foster, Bradshaw, Nicks, Garcon and probably Fitz and TB's Mike Williams.

I'd like to see a week or two more from Hillis, Torain and Blount before I decide if any should be dropped (any possible injury this weekend comes into play here as well).

Regarding WRs, Mike Wallace is a very nice player, but he really isn't a PPR guy: Randy Moss (who hadn't been claimed yet at the time I made my moves) might be kicked off the island because of lack of targets in TENN: and giving myself another week will not hurt in evaluating how much of a contribution I might expect from Rice and V Jax for my play-off run. In short, I just don't know my best cuts would be right now if I wind up having to cut someone.

So I win if I get a trade or two to my liking, and I win by getting extra time to get more clarity regarding my ultimate team to finish the season with. My downside is minimal, as worst case I lose a game to a non-contender anyway, and I trade one for these guys for a great kicker or defense if I have to.

I don't know if I'd do the same thing if I was 4 - 4, but at 6 -2, what's not to like?