Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

What is the ceiling on Blount?

I'm shocked in seeing someone proposing Ray Rice for my Blount (plus my Boldin too).

Is Blount that good? Or was it just one week against a bad team?

Honestly, I'm actually thinking of saying "NO" to Ray Rice. Am I crazy, or do you think BLOUNT has a chance to be a stud now that he is the man in Tampa. His schedule doesn't look scary either.

Thoughts?

The ceiling on Blount is another right cross and he is in the MMA :pointstosky: :headbanger:

The ceiling on Blount is another right cross and he is in the MMA :pointstosky: :headbanger:

So, does this mean, you think I don't need to make this trade (getting Rice), Blount is good enough? Do you really think Blount can get the numbers Ray Ray can get (remember last year)?

Blounts high was last week against one of the worst run D's in the league. I'd send him packing. Actually I already did a few weeks ago on a 20 roster 2 keeper team.

He was undrafted not because of talent but because he punched a teammate in the face, assumedly in front of his family and friends. I'm thinking the fan he went after next definitely had friends around. Anyway, the dude slipped through the cracks for that reason only and he certainly has every chance to stick provided his head is on a bit straighter. Having Cadillac as a third down back I think only helps him other than hurting his PPR value.

If i had 2 other good WRs id take Rice :thumbsup: or atleast one stud WR then fill in the #2 spot

I'm shocked in seeing someone proposing Ray Rice for my Blount (plus my Boldin too).

Is Blount that good? Or was it just one week against a bad team?

Honestly, I'm actually thinking of saying "NO" to Ray Rice. Am I crazy, or do you think BLOUNT has a chance to be a stud now that he is the man in Tampa. His schedule doesn't look scary either.

Thoughts?

The guy offering you Rice is most likely frustrated (as I am) with him AND has gotten a good look at Blount's schedule during the FF playoffs:

Week 14: @ Wash

Week 15: Detroit

Week 16: Seattle

I hope I make the playoffs and if so, I'm stoked about Blount's potential during those games.

edit: I wouldn't trade Blount + Boldin for Rice.

The guy offering you Rice is most likely frustrated (as I am) with him AND has gotten a good look at Blount's schedule during the FF playoffs:

Week 14: @ Wash

Week 15: Detroit

Week 16: Seattle

I hope I make the playoffs and if so, I'm stoked about Blount's potential during those games.

edit: I wouldn't trade Blount + Boldin for Rice.

Blout + Boldin for Rice + SMoss

Thanks Filthy, I knew you would answer with an explanation. Are you so down on Rice or are you so high on Blount? (BTW, I also would get SMoss in this trade).

Thanks Filthy, I knew you would answer with an explanation. Are you so down on Rice or are you so high on Blount? (BTW, I also would get SMoss in this trade).

I'm just expecting NOTHING from Rice at this point man. This season has been my worst in several years. Everything I try backfires and drafting Rice @ #3 overall has been my biggest disappointment.

I'm also tempering expectations on Blount too because technically he's still in a timeshare situation. Sure Cadillac's touches are going down but what happens when Ernest Graham gets healthy? We don't know the mind of the Tampa HC so there's no telling.

As Gepetto stated, I wouldn't trade Boldin for Rice right now UNLESS I had 2 studs at WR. Baltimore's HC is being a pr!ck about the number of touches he's giving MaGahee too.

And as Bob Sanders stated, Boldin does have some nice matchups in the playoffs and you getting Santana Moss is negligible. McNabb isn't very good and his getting pulled for Grossman last week will be the 800 lb elephant in the room for the next several weeks. I'd place S. Moss value almost as low as R. Moss' value.

I'm just expecting NOTHING from Rice at this point man. This season has been my worst in several years. Everything I try backfires and drafting Rice @ #3 overall has been my biggest disappointment.

I'm also tempering expectations on Blount too because technically he's still in a timeshare situation. Sure Cadillac's touches are going down but what happens when Ernest Graham gets healthy? We don't know the mind of the Tampa HC so there's no telling.

As Gepetto stated, I wouldn't trade Boldin for Rice right now UNLESS I had 2 studs at WR. Baltimore's HC is being a pr!ck about the number of touches he's giving MaGahee too.

And as Bob Sanders stated, Boldin does have some nice matchups in the playoffs and you getting Santana Moss is negligible. McNabb isn't very good and his getting pulled for Grossman last week will be the 800 lb elephant in the room for the next several weeks. I'd place S. Moss value almost as low as R. Moss' value.

Thanks again. I'm on the edge of even making the playoffs. It's been a tough year for me too. Lots of injuries. I have to worry about getting in, not beyond. The reason I'm okay with losing Boldin is because I have 4 studs - Nicks, Marshall, MWilliams (TB), and Sid Rice. You can only play two.

Thus, it's all about what RB will get me more points in weeks 9-13? Blount or Ray Rice? It's hard to believe I can even same Blount's name in the same breath as Rice.

Thanks again. I'm on the edge of even making the playoffs. It's been a tough year for me too. Lots of injuries. I have to worry about getting in, not beyond. The reason I'm okay with losing Boldin is because I have 4 studs - Nicks, Marshall, MWilliams (TB), and Sid Rice. You can only play two.

Thus, it's all about what RB will get me more points in weeks 9-13? Blount or Ray Rice? It's hard to believe I can even same Blount's name in the same breath as Rice.

Looking at their schedules both Blount and Rice have so so matchups leading up to the FF playoffs. If you were in a PPR league, I'd counter with Williams + Blount for Rice being that Rice will most likely get more Recs than Blount.

Rice owner in two leagues (a 1 player keeper and a dynasty league) and a new Blount owner in my 3rd, big money league. Very disappointed so far in Rice this year, but I still think he'll come around sometime...hopefully sometime this year. :unsure:

Very positive about Blount's prospects going forward, but we will know a lot more about what we got after the TB-Atl. game. I don't have a choice this week...got to start him with CJ on the bye week.

Rice owner in two leagues (a 1 player keeper and a dynasty league) and a new Blount owner in my 3rd, big money league. Very disappointed so far in Rice this year, but I still think he'll come around sometime...hopefully sometime this year. :unsure:

Very positive about Blount's prospects going forward, but we will know a lot more about what we got after the TB-Atl. game. I don't have a choice this week...got to start him with CJ on the bye week.

You're good to go; Blount's on my bench and this year that means he'll get a ton of points. <_<

What's the ceiling on Blount? Who knows. In Week 9, all we really care about are his short-term prospects.

He's currently every FF writers waiver wire pickup. They, of course, are about two weeks or more late getting the news. And if he blows up in Week 9, he will be the headline above every start'em, sit'em piece of circle jerk nonsense that's written.

There is likely someone in your league who is convinced he is the next great thing. My advice, right now, is to find that guy and prison rape him in a trade. Otherwise, stash him and see what happens.

If I needed a bye week fill-in at RB, I would go with him. If I were facing a sure loss situation where I needed a miracle performance from someone just to have a chance, I would roll the dice and go with him.

But I wouldn't bench a steady point producer in his place. If he blows up this week, good for you. If he doesn't, right now he's a low expectations player who will have a few "next weeks" left in him.

I expect he will do well against crappy teams and poorly against good teams. They've got two games lest against Atlanta and a game against Baltimore. Otherwise their schedule is quite favorable. So I don't think he is an every-week play, but you should still get some nice games out of him down the stretch.

Wouldn't you know it.....

As I was considering that trade, he withdrew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He gave me another one:

My Nicks and Torain for his Peyton Hillis and Steve Smith

I guess he didn't want to lose Ray Rice but is not opposed to losing PHillis. But, I would hate to lose Nicks.

This is about to kill me....

Should I trade Nicks, my best WR, with 8 TDs and a very favorable schedule for workhorse Hillis?

TM:

In a word: No

Hicks is gold, Hillis is midle-of-the-pack and he plays for Cleveland.

Wouldn't you know it.....

As I was considering that trade, he withdrew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He gave me another one:

My Nicks and Torain for his Peyton Hillis and Steve Smith

I guess he didn't want to lose Ray Rice but is not opposed to losing PHillis. But, I would hate to lose Nicks.

This is about to kill me....

Should I trade Nicks, my best WR, with 8 TDs and a very favorable schedule for workhorse Hillis?

I think Hillis' schedule is pretty tough man. I would NOT make that trade. Counter him with the Rice/Moss for Williams/Blount one I mentioned. He just might bite on that one.

That trade is pretty unbalanced. I'd have to veto it.

HTH

You think Nicks is far better than Hillis???

Nicks is averaging 17.6

Hillis 16.2

Does that seem that unbalanced to you?

Nicks is averaging 17.6

Hillis 16.2

Inside joke man.

He's been posting that in all the threads that really (this one included; no offense) should be on the Help Bored.

Nicks is averaging 17.6

Hillis 16.2

A trade doesn't have to be $10 for $10. $10 for $8 is ok. Sometimes $40 for $35 is even ok. But $15 for $40 trades should always be vetoed.

A trade doesn't have to be $10 for $10. $10 for $8 is ok. Sometimes $40 for $35 is even ok. But $15 for $40 trades should always be vetoed.

If a $15 for $40 trade is not ok, what about 5 separate $35 for $40 trades? Either way i lose 25 bucks.