Sign in to follow this  
idlewild

Jacoby Ford

I know he's a rookie, returning punts, and on a questionable offense, but the more I watch of this kid, the more I like him. I didn't see the game, but he had three catches where he literally snatched the ball away from the defender. Quarterbacks love receivers who make them look good and are magnets: just get it near, and they'll make the play.

What do you guys think of Ford going forward?

I picked him up, and think he'll honestly be a sneaky play as we head into the playoffs and the Raiders battle for the division.

the more I watch of this kid, the more I like him. I didn't see the game

i see.

It's a hard situation to read because of the somewhat cloudy QB situation and the injuries to Murphy and Miller. But yeah, that was a hell of a game and it is hard to see them not looking his way more often. Most definitely a better deep threat than DWB, he had 4 spectacular plays and basically won the game for them.

i see.

There's a show called ESPN, you see, where they show highlights...

This board has become nothing but jackasses like you. thumbdown.gif

It's a hard situation to read because of the somewhat cloudy QB situation and the injuries to Murphy and Miller. But yeah, that was a hell of a game and it is hard to see them not looking his way more often. Most definitely a better deep threat than DWB, he had 4 spectacular plays and basically won the game for them.

Agree. The kid is for real:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoP6ODerfSs

He's worth a flier but I'm not dropping someone like Gaffney or L. Moore for him. And those are my 'worst' wrs.

L.Moore is worthless. He could be a break out guy from here on out. Moore he have to worry if he will get thrown too every week. Bush is back too. Bush renders Moore even more worthless.

I know he's a rookie, returning punts, and on a questionable offense, but the more I watch of this kid, the more I like him. I didn't see the game, but he had three catches where he literally snatched the ball away from the defender. Quarterbacks love receivers who make them look good and are magnets: just get it near, and they'll make the play.

What do you guys think of Ford going forward?

I picked him up, and think he'll honestly be a sneaky play as we head into the playoffs and the Raiders battle for the division.

Having watched him his entire college career, I would have to say the game last week was and anomaly. Ford has always had track speed, but not really great football speed. He and CJ Spiller were teammates at Clemson and Spiller, despite being slightly slower than Ford, was a far more dangerous player because of his ability to make cuts at nearly full speed.

Ford runs straight really fast, but doesn't have the cutting agility that Spiller had.

Also at Clemson, he wasn't the greatest route runner and had questionable hands.

To be honest, i was impressed and a little surprised by his performance on Sunday. Not with the kick return because if you give him a seam to run straight through no one is going to catch him, but with the tough catches he made. That wasn't his strength in college, and if he can improve on that and make those kind of catches consistently he can a decent NFL WR. His high end would probably be the equivalent of Santana Moss type, though he doesn't have the agility that Moss has, but he has a similar style game assuming he continues to be able to make those type of catches consistently.

I watched the Oak KC game and the kid seemed to be playing with heart and hunger to suceed. 10 time the amount of DHB

I watched the Oak KC game and the kid seemed to be playing with heart and hunger to suceed. 10 time the amount of DHB

In this offense, a new receiver has showed up on different weeks. Temper your expectations on Jacoby Ford. He helped THE Raiders win big this week and Campbell found trust in a new receiver. But with the bye week here now, the team is expecting returns from both Louis Murphy and Chaz Schilens (Chaz is still recovering very slowly though). If anything Ford, will return to WR3/Slot position. I'd pick him up with a wait and see approach. He could turn out to be used the way the Colts use their slot receiver with the way Hue Jackson is getting comfortable with opening up the playbook... or he could have many up and down games similar to previous weeks. You never know right now as this passing offense continues to find it's identity.

And Campbell will start after the bye. Cable said he's going to stick with the hot hand regardless of if Gradkowski is healthy after the bye. He changed his mind from what he said the previous week.

Pick up of the week is Khalif Barnes... he's a beast! :pointstosky:

he looks to be a mike wallace type who only runs fly routes <_<

i dunno, i guess we'll see week 11

Nice...if a Mike Wallace-type is on the waiver wire, I am on it.

When the QB is J. Campbell, you are playing a crapshoot with Ford. Campbell is simply awful. The Raiders running makes up for Campbell's many flaws in the passing game. Campbell is out if Oakland loses to Pitt.

When the QB is J. Campbell, you are playing a crapshoot with Ford. Campbell is simply awful. The Raiders running makes up for Campbell's many flaws in the passing game. Campbell is out if Oakland loses to Pitt.

Not really. If it's a close game, Campbell will continue to start. it's not just black and white. Campbell has done a good job of managing the game with minimal mistakes along with a team that is playing better from week to week. He's in a new system (again) and now getting comfortable. He's on a 3 game winning streak and that says a lot especially on this team. His only issue is that he starts off slow each week. He needs to come out firing on all cylinders against the Steelers before they take a commanding lead that they can't come back from after half time.

I'm just really impressed with some of the catches he made. He took the ball away from the defender and Campbell will remember that the next time he's scrambling.

I agree - I wouldn't drop a WR2 or even WR3 for him, but if you've got the room and he's available: grab him.

What do people think about him this week vs Pittsburgh? Supposedly Heyward-Bey has bad hammies, but Louis Murphy is coming back. Would you play Murphy or Ford this week in a crunch?

What do people think about him this week vs Pittsburgh? Supposedly Heyward-Bey has bad hammies, but Louis Murphy is coming back. Would you play Murphy or Ford this week in a crunch?

Probably Murphy.