Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Andy Reid - GENIUS COACH!

down 15 with 5 minutes to go, 4th and goal from the 18.

Kick the field goal - that call is questionable

Kick it deep on the kickoff - that call is horrible

What the fock is he doing?

To make it worse, his teams are ALWAYS the slowest hurry-up offense on the planet. These guys just walk around for 15 seconds before the snap every time.

Nice phantom penalty there. If it takes the ref 5 seconds to pull out his flag, it probably wasn't much of a call.

To make it worse, his teams are ALWAYS the slowest hurry-up offense on the planet. These guys just walk around for 15 seconds before the snap every time.

Nice phantom penalty there. If it takes the ref 5 seconds to pull out his flag, it probably wasn't much of a call.

And then they run 4 consecutive dump offs :wacko:

Wow...Vick and Celek with the absurd TD through FOUR defenders.

:shocking:

Ridonkulous!

of course because puzzy reid played to not win, his team lost.

Your chances of completing a 4th and 18 are infinitesimally small. I rip Andy Reid all the time, but that call had nothing to do with the outcome of the game and actually gave the Eagles a chance to win. Philly's inability to stop the big play in the 1st half or to stop anyone on 3rd down was the big story of this game.

This game had little to do with the Eagles and everything to do with the Bears. Of course, Bears haters don't care what happens they'll always find an excuse to say how they don't deserve it.

But the monsters of the midway showed up today. Nice win.

Your chances of completing a 4th and 18 are infinitesimally small. I rip Andy Reid all the time, but that call had nothing to do with the outcome of the game and actually gave the Eagles a chance to win. Philly's inability to stop the big play in the 1st half or to stop anyone on 3rd down was the big story of this game.

Completing a 4th and 18 is indeed infinitesimally small, but it had everything to do with the outcome of the game. Even if they don't make it they are in the same position as when they did kick the FG, still needs 2 TDs. Kicking a FG accomplishes nothing. You still need 2 touchdowns. They may only see the ball one more time at best. Take a shot. Pass interference, defensive holding, illegal use of the hands and all penalties that are very much in play never mind scoring the TD. That was the worst time/situation management I've seen since since Denny Green punted the ball to the Giants with a shade over 4 minutes to go in a playoff game some years ago.

The Eagles biggest problem in the game was very poor tackling.

Just my two pennies

:thumbsup:

Completing a 4th and 18 is indeed infinitesimally small, but it had everything to do with the outcome of the game. Even if they don't make it they are in the same position as when they did kick the FG, still needs 2 TDs. Kicking a FG accomplishes nothing. You still need 2 touchdowns. They may only see the ball one more time at best. Take a shot. Pass interference, defensive holding, illegal use of the hands and all penalties that are very much in play never mind scoring the TD. That was the worst time/situation management I've seen since since Denny Green punted the ball to the Giants with a shade over 4 minutes to go in a playoff game some years ago.

:thumbsup:

The Eagles biggest problem in the game was very poor tackling.

Just my two pennies

Agree on the final point re tackling. Awful.

As for the 4th & 18...I've always leaned toward extending the game. If you go for and miss 4th & 18 (highly likely), it's hard to sell your players that the game isn't over.

In Reid's scheme, they get the ball back and score again before the 2:00 warning. If you do, you don't have to onside kick because you still have 2 stoppages of play (warning and remaining timeout) to get the ball back and go for the go ahead TD.

They scored too late, at 1:54, which forces the onside kick.

If you want to bash Reid's clock management, go back to taking a timeout to avoid delay of game on 3rd & 19 earlier in the half. The likelihood of converting 3rd & 19 is pretty slim, but not much worse than 3rd & 24. Take the 5 yds and save the timeout. Could have been important.

The timeout was a bad call. 3rd and 4, fine, but not 3rd and a bunch. My point about going for it is that a FG doesn't do anything. You still need 2 TDs. If you kickoff and stop them at the 20 like most normal kickoffs, they have the ball at the same spot where it was 4th and 18. At least you take a shot to get it to a one score defecit. There are multiple penalties that can keep the drive alive. Vick can run and even if he gets stopped short of the goal line, they would have pinned them deep and most likely Chicago would go conservative.

True. :banana:

Not a genius, he's a very good coach with a Hall of Fame, All Time Great QB that my 80 year old Mother could coach to a Superbowl. 

Does anyone remember when Bill Bellichek was a genius? Back when he had that Tom Brady Guy??

Anyone would look like a genus when the refs are handing you the game.  Welcome to the WWE.

Coaches and QBs always get too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing in the ultimate team game.  Where would either Brady or BB be if they had Scott Norwood instead of Vinitieri/Gostkowski all those years.  Arguably, Payton Manning's two Super Bowl wins were due to elite defensive play rather than any difference he made at QB.  And even the Chiefs this year have relied mostly on a solid defense that allowed Mahomes to make a clutch play here and there.

Still, at the end of the day a coach is what his record says he is.  It is silly for anyone to suggest that Reid or BB isn't a good coach. 

Sad how bad of a dad he’s been.  Shame. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Sad how bad of a dad he’s been.  Shame. 

One kid died of a heroin overdose and the other is a murderer. Nice job Andy!!! 

+3 Superbowl Wins and -2 kids. You're a genius!