Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Frank Gore out for the season

Fractured right hip confirmed by the beat writers.

Frank Gore has a fractured right hip. The team says he'll be reevaluated tomorrow but you can expect he's out for the season...

- Barrows

If the 49ers are going to make a playoff push, it'll be with Brian Westbrook and Anthony Dixon after Frank Gore sustains fractured R hip.

-Maiocco

Who is the better pick up? Brian Westbrook or Anthony Dixon? I think Westbrook looked really good and he only had 10 carries the entire season prior to this game. He may stay healthy through the fantasy football playoffs.

Fractured hip confirmed by Matt Maiocco from Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. There goes my season. See you fellas next season. :(

Fractured hip confirmed by Matt Maiocco from Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. There goes my season. See you fellas next season. :(

+1

You want to hear something really ###### up? I was saving a #1 WW until last week. Got sick of waiting for the next big thing. Used it on Browns D. :o

How does Lacanfora figure this was a big win for the Niners? It was focking Arizona! I know wins have been hard to come by this year, but I still got very little joy out of watching my craptastic Seahawks stomp them into the ground 3 weeks ago.

That being said, that's a bummer of an injury for Gore. I've always had a lot of respect for him as a player and I hope he bounces back fine in 2011. :thumbsup:

How does Lacanfora figure this was a big win for the Niners? It was focking Arizona!

Sadly.....because the 49ers are a game out of first place with three more divisional games remaining :huh:

Now I feel bad that I wished Gore would get a season ending injury during the game to my buddy who had him in our matchup this week. I feel kinda responsible. :(

You want to hear something really ###### up? I was saving a #1 WW until last week. Got sick of waiting for the next big thing. Used it on Browns D. :o

Wow..I did the exact same thing. After all season with the #1 priority I used it on Clevland D. But I made sure to handcuff Gore since I'd lose my waiver priority....so I picked up Anthony Dixon :(

+3... plus I've lost Clark, Grant (who would've easily been a top 15 back this season), and Clayton. Score.

Clark owner too. Picked up Dixon a few weeks back for insurance on Gore. Damn you Westbrook. Exactly what I was afraid of ...

To add to the misery ... I lost by .48 points tonight which drops me to fifth. Gore's last 5 yard run called back on a flag would have given me the win and stuck me in 1st place at 8-4.

But, I'll refrain from going all Steve Johnson. The Lord and Frank Gore have both been good to me, in bad times and good.

Clark owner too. Picked up Dixon a few weeks back for insurance on Gore. Damn you Westbrook. Exactly what I was afraid of ...

To add to the misery ... I lost by .48 points tonight which drops me to fifth. Gore's last 5 yard run called back on a flag would have given me the win and stuck me in 1st place at 8-4.

But, I'll refrain from going all Steve Johnson. The Lord and Frank Gore have both been good to me, in bad times and good.

Ya, I can't really complain. Gore has been a stud for me for quite some time and I will certainly think about including him on my team next season. At least the injuries to my team have kept our league competitive, because it would have been a two horse race otherwise. I should still have a strong team going forward, which I'm extremely lucky to have, but with one or two less huge injuries my team would have been a juggernaut :\.

Thanks for carrying me this far, Frank Gore, and heal up so I can ride you again next season!

I used the #1 priority like 2 weeks ago to get Mwelde Moore after his big game just to screw with the Mendenhall owner. Now I have the 9th priority and now way I'll be able to grab Westbrook. Gore got me to a 1st round bye in our FF playoffs ... it's a shame he won't be there to help get me to the championship game.

I was waiting until this week to handcuff Gore since I was not sure who was going to be the backup and Westbrook was not getting any touches. I guess the season is pretty much out the window. :wall:

Who is the better pick up? Brian Westbrook or Anthony Dixon? I think Westbrook looked really good and he only had 10 carries the entire season prior to this game. He may stay healthy through the fantasy football playoffs.

I picked up Dixon. I just don't trust Westy. Once he gets tackled by a real NFL player and survives I may change my opinion, but I think he's washed up.

I think we should all know by now that Gore can't give you 16 games.

I was just thinking this Monday afternoon, come to think of it ! Now my once great team (11-1, locked into FIRST seed of playoffs) has become RUBBLE ! Nicks, Bradshaw (lost starting gig) and Gore within 2 weeks.....oh well, at least I am IN playoffs ! LOL :thumbsdown:

Wow..I did the exact same thing. After all season with the #1 priority I used it on Clevland D.

Me three. :unsure: Well, it was the #3 priority, but I don't think the other two guys were going to use theirs.

I do have him in another league, and waivers clear tonight, so I need to figure out if Westy is the call or if I should grab some other player for the playoffs.

The problem is that I see a full blown timeshare with Dixon and Westy. To be honest not sure if either is startable. They will be hot ww pickups, but you would have to not had RB depth to start them. For instance I would proably rather have Goodsen or Keiland Williams instead of those two guys. The 49ers are not going to play the Cards every week. :dunno:

Awesome.

My first five draft picks,

Gore

Moss

Addai

Finley

Portis

:overhead:

How about:

Gore

Grant

Jennings

Romo

Bradshaw

Somehow I still have a chance at #2 seed if I win next week. :dunno:

How about:

Gore

Grant

Jennings

Romo

Bradshaw

Somehow I still have a chance at #2 seed if I win next week. :idunno:

I'm feeling your pain brother.

Somehow I have the best record in my league and leading in points, not sure if I have the horses to finish though.