Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Packers 34, Bears 3

I've been hiding since Sunday.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes, we know... How did Boitano do? How's your fantasy iceskating team?

Did you see the Packers crush the Giants?

Starting next year, this division belongs to the lions. and not only that, they'll be focking kicking people in the teeth while they do it :pointstosky:

you thought you had a tough time this year against detroit? lol...just wait.

I think the Lions while improved are still a ways off for competing for the division.

JMO

all you fockers making fun of the lions

5-10=5-10=5-10

That's pretty much it.... enjoy the figure skating, disappeardog!!!

See you in April!!!! :banana:

I think the Packer defense has shown up extremely consistently this whole year. They have been a delight to watch.

I think the offense has been really consistent at this point, too. Your only hiccup was when you had a guy who had never played before forced into the game.... And even him, with a week of practice and study, did very well against New England the next week.

Is there really a question about who is going to show up? Has there been a bad Packer defensive effort the last 8 games? Do you see any way the Bears defense will be able to contain Rodgers/Jennings/Driver/Jones/Jordy for four quarters?

I'm more curious which Bear team will show up. The one that got completely annihilated at home by the Patriots recently?

Defense has been pretty good if not great yes.

Offense consistant? Not a chance. No show vs Washington, Miami, Detroit X2. More often than not start really slow too. Running game barely existant.

Question who will show up? Hell yeah! If they play anywhere near the level they played against Washington or Detroit, they're gonna lose.

Defense has been pretty good if not great yes.

Offense consistant? Not a chance. No show vs Washington, Miami, Detroit X2. More often than not start really slow too. Running game barely existant.

Washington and Miami was pretty early in the season when the Packers were still coping with sudden injuries and the huge loss of Finley and Grant.... These last 2 months the offense has been really consistent if not dynamic for about 9 games now (save the Rodgers concussion game)...

We're talking about a Packer game in January versus the Bears.... I appreciate you playing the devil's advocate, but I don't see any Packer offensive struggles in September factoring into this game coming up....

I could be wrong... :cheers:

I think the Lions while improved are still a ways off for competing for the division.

JMO

not as far off as you think.

next year. i didn't stutter

you better hope the packers squeak in this year. it ain't getting any easier from here on out.

next year.

next year.

next year.

next year.

next year.

next year.

next year.

next year.

next year.

:cheers:

not as far off as you think.

next year. i didn't stutter

you better hope the packers squeak in this year. it ain't getting any easier from here on out.

Can't you save this decade-old spiel for April?

2000: Next year

2001: Next year

2002: Next year

2003: Next year

2004: Next year

2005: Next year

2006: Next year

2007: Next year

2008: Next year

2009: Next year

2010: Next year

You were actually gone for five nice peaceful FFToday weeks until Rodgers concussion gave you an 12-hour erection that made you so uncomfortable that you had to start posting again.... but now it's time to disappear again...

Next year :cry:

Yes, next year the Packers will have the most dynamic tight end and one of the most unique offensive threats back on the team and healthy. They will have the great running back back that they so sorely missed this year. They will have a record number of starters and reserves on IR back.... Rodgers will be entering his prime as a QB only getting better and better....

Take your "Next year :cry: " to the Loser's Board and go tuck your son in...

Enjoy your fantasy ice skating team and let the adults talk....

Smell you later :clap:

Wow - if the Vikings hold on for another 4 minutes, the Bears will have nothing to play for except the pleasure of kicking the sh!t out of the pack.

Wow - if the Vikings hold on for another 4 minutes, the Bears will have nothing to play for except the pleasure of kicking the sh!t out of the pack.

The Bears have incredible incentive... they don't want to see the Packers in the playoffs... ever...

So they will try hard for 1 quarter, get pummeled and then act like they were never trying.... and then hope they can avoid the Packers in the playoffs

But they can't! :music_guitarred:

HAHAHAHAAHa .... covering your ass already.... Why in the world would there be a good chance they come out flat? Lovie's only goal in life is to beat the Packers and he'll be harping on this all week long 24/7...

As if the Bears/Packers rivalry wasn't enough, they ARE playing for a first round bye and home field advantage... which is HUGE...

Explain to me why there's a good chance they come out flat...

I'll take your answer off the air.... thanks :cheers:

Wasn't an excuse and it's moot now anyways.............I don't deny getting a bye should be huge for teams to try for........but I can recall many times where teams in those situations didn't seem to come out very fired up for it. Just like the Eagles didn't tonight.

Actually Bears would need both the Falcons and Saints to lose to get the # 1 seed. Games should be done by around the start of Bears/Packers so they would know whether they have any chance at it. Looks doubtful. With the #2 seed locked.........I don't see much reason for the Bears to be up for the game. I'd sure enjoy seeing them knock the Pack out of the playoffs but if any players need some rest.......... I'd rather see them sit and get ready for the playoffs.

It's not Lovie's only goal. It's just insulting to lose to a poorly coached division rival.......:cheers:

I was pretty fired up for the game next week with so much on the line and both teams chomping at the bit to beat their rival. It would have been one of the great ones to watch.

Now it looks like we would need to meet in the NFC championship if the Bears and pack play again. The Bears would only need to beat NO @ home. The pack would need to win next week, @ Philly and then @ Atlanta. Good luck, I'll leave a candle lit for you.

Don - didn't you and Dr J say you would go to next weeks game? Did that ever work out?

I would love to meet Dr. J up in Lambeau but he hasn't posted here since the Bears fluke win over the Packers a long time ago... :lol:

I was pretty fired up for the game next week with so much on the line and both teams chomping at the bit to beat their rival. It would have been one of the great ones to watch.

Now it looks like we would need to meet in the NFC championship if the Bears and pack play again. The Bears would only need to beat NO @ home. The pack would need to win next week, @ Philly and then @ Atlanta. Good luck, I'll leave a candle lit for you.

Well the good news is, @ Philly and @ Atlanta is a doable path to the NFC championship game for the Pack, since they've beaten the Eagles and came close against the Falcons, both on the road. Not saying it will happen, but there's not anything particularly scary about it.

Still mad about the Lions loss though. If they'd have pulled that one out, next week would be a battle for a first round bye, with the loser getting the 6th seed.

Did schwartz say that? When and do you have a link?

No Schwartz didn't say it..........................but can you just imagine losing to a team he's coaching with his 3rd string QB?

Pitiful.

:banana:

Actually I think we will look back on this time as the Lion's dynasty era. I think they've peaked and are due for a few seasons of losses. Years from now swamp and other Lions faithful will regail their grandkids about that magical 2010 season when they won 3 in a row. What a time that was ...

I would love to meet Dr. J up in Lambeau but he hasn't posted here since the Bears fluke win over the Packers a long time ago... :lol:

Told you I was only going to be around all the week in that thread. :)

Unfortunately this game isn't worth the scratch at this point in time, especially with a pile of playoff tickets in hand. I actually thought your Packers were a better team and was just joking about the game being virtually meaningless at this point. Sure was wrong about that. I'll have to make this trip one of these seasons soon though. Haven't been to Lambeau since 2006.

Truth is, none of my broke ass friends will cough up the money and I couldn't convince my wife or father to go either so I'm going to have to make a pitch again next year.

Told you I was only going to be around all the week in that thread.

Unfortunately this game isn't worth the scratch at this point in time, especially with a pile of playoff tickets in hand. I actually thought your Packers were a better team and was just joking about the game being virtually meaningless at this point. Sure was wrong about that. I'll have to make this trip one of these seasons soon though. Haven't been to Lambeau since 2006.

Oh and besides, Don's so confident that the Packers are going to actually make the NFC Championship game that this game is going to be puny in comparison to the greatest Bears-Packers game of all time. And I already have those tickets in hand.

Actually I think we will look back on this time as the Lion's dynasty era. I think they've peaked and are due for a few seasons of losses. Years from now swamp and other Lions faithful will regail their grandkids about that magical 2010 season when they won 3 in a row. What a time that was ...

you're whistling past the cemetery, son. make it count this year my friend. suh and co. are putting the rest of the division on death row.

you've been served notice :pointstosky:

you're whistling past the cemetery, son. make it count this year my friend. suh and co. are putting the rest of the division on death row.

Whisling past the cemetary the morning after clinching the 2nd seed? :blink:

Alright swampy - let's play ball.

In what ways do you think the Lions will be better than the Bears and packers next year. I would like to hear your specifics instead of the ominous "watch out" warnings. Break down the matchups and tell us how they will win the division. Save the tough guy talk and let us in on the master plan.

Philly and Atlanta? Big deal. The NFC is wide open and the Packers could beat any of them. I could easily see GB or NO making a run to the SB.

Can this Suh fella throw the ball? Can he not break down more often than a five year old girl playing hopscotch? Can he run the ball? Can he block? Can he cover a receiver? Can he stop a big white slow fullback like Kuhn from running the ball 8 straight times to end a game when they are strictly playing the run? Can he coach?

No?

OK.... Well, thanks for playing..

Maybe Suh can put your fantasy ice skating opponents on death row!!! oooooooh how dramatic :bandana:

5-10=5-10=5-10

You've been served notice :banana:

Can this Suh fella throw the ball? Can he not break down more often than a five year old girl playing hopscotch? Can he run the ball? Can he block? Can he cover a receiver? Can he stop a big white slow fullback like Kuhn from running the ball 8 straight times to end a game when they are strictly playing the run? Can he coach?

No?

OK.... Well, thanks for playing..

Maybe Suh can put your fantasy ice skating opponents on death row!!! oooooooh how dramatic :bandana:

5-10=5-10=5-10

You've been served notice :banana:

their record is right where i pegged them. name one person anywhere that said their record would be better than that this year.

i'm not a whiny biatch excuse-maker like you. save this thread.

the lions will win the norris next year. and you will be making your yearly whining excuses as usual on why the "best team in the league with the mvp qb" woefully underperformed and disappointed its preseason expectations once again.

man up, pvssy.

and there's still a great chance rodgers doesn't see his first playoff win before stafford.

In what ways do you think the Lions will be better than the Bears and packers next year. I would like to hear your specifics instead of the ominous "watch out" warnings. Break down the matchups and tell us how they will win the division. Save the tough guy talk and let us in on the master plan.

--d line

--running game

--wr AND te

--qb (both 1 and 2 spots).

--oline (that's not saying much, but come on).

--safety

--coaching (if only from the standpoint of cohesion; i'll be stunned if martz is still around next year and even if so he's proven historically volatile).

come on...are you serious? all this talk after the way the lions played the bears? no excuses, but jesus christ. their point-differential is better than some of the teams competing for the playoffs right now.

plus they'll be picking premium again.

you honestly think this bears team is built for the long haul--from the front office on down to the field personnel? you can't be serious. i can easily see a minny-like meltdown next year.

--d line

--running game

--wr AND te

--qb (both 1 and 2).

--oline (that's not saying much, but come on).

--safety (at least on delmas' side)

--coaching (if only from the standpoint of cohesion; i'll be stunned if martz is still around next year and even if so he's proven historically volatile).

come on...are you serious? all this talk after the way the lions played the bears and the packers this year with their 2nd and 3rd stringers? no excuses, but jesus christ. get real already.

despite what don says, i haven't predicted anything but last place for the lions for years now. predicting a first-place run next year isn't something i've done since before matt millen.

btw: suh is the next joe greene and reggie (as per his stature in the nfl and impact on a team). he might be the best defensive player, period, right now for crying out loud.

they've got holes, sure. but they'll contend next year. and they'll knock people on their asses while doing it.

bump.

bookmark my commments. go for it. i'm willing to put it out there. and if they don't do it i won't whine like a little pvssy and make excuses like don and the cheeseheads do.

bump.

bookmark my commments. go for it. i'm willing to put it out there. and if they don't do it i won't whine like a little pvssy and make excuses like don and the cheeseheads do.

Being a whiny pvzzy making excuses is all you ever do.

bump.

You reply 3 times in a row and then bump the thread? Need a little attention?

You reply 3 times in a row and then bump the thread? Need a little attention?

Of course he does.

THe Lions have some pieces for sure. But they are not yet contenders for this division...and he knows it.

He knows that if they do somehow rise up he will rub this in everyone's face. If it goes as it likely will and they are mediocre yet again (well, mediocre is a compliment for them for the last few years), he will disappear like he always does.