Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Let's Congratulate Tom Brady

Broke the record for consecutive passes without an INT. A true sign of a great QB. :first:

Rodgers > Flynn > Dilfer > Brady > Favre

:music_guitarred:

Congrats!!

I was expecting to hear a screaming of disapproval from the Southern WI area when I saw Rodgers in the game with 4 minutes left and a 21 point lead. Isn't that supposed to be classless? ;)

:)

I was expecting to hear a screaming of disapproval from the Southern WI area when I saw Rodgers in the game with 4 minutes left and a 21 point lead. Isn't that supposed to be classless? ;)

:)

Flynn was so impressive carving up a crapass New England D the week before in his first-ever start that it was probably more humane having Rodgers in at that point.... :cheers:

Flynn was so impressive carving up a crapass New England D the week before in his first-ever start that it was probably more humane having Rodgers in at that point.... :cheers:

Brady > Flynn = Rodgers :)

Brady only broke one record today? Really? Manning broke like 3?

Hopefully Manning can go on a three game streak with no picks. Looks like he couldn't resist another multiple pick day today. How many multiple games does Favre.....I mean Manning have this year already?

Did I mention that Brady has 4 INT's all year. Manning has more than FOUR times that amount. :lol:

Incredible season continues. He's the best.

It is so painfully obvious. :thumbsup:

Brady > Flynn = Rodgers :)

First Flynn completely outplayed Brady on his home field

Next week: Rodgers 400 plus, 4 TDs against the NY Giants defense (remember them?) > Brady 140 yards vs. crapass 2-14 Bills

Rodgers > Flynn > Dilfer > Steve Grogan > Brady

Don't get me wrong, Brady is a very good game manager.... My hat is off to Captain Hairplugs :pointstosky:

Brady is a very good game manager.... My hat is off to Captain Hairplugs :pointstosky:

:clap: THIS.

Next week: Rodgers 400 plus, 4 TDs against the NY Giants defense (remember them?) > Brady 140 yards vs. crapass 2-14 Bills

Don't get me wrong, Brady is a very good game manager.... My hat is off to Captain Hairplugs :pointstosky:

Amazing how a game manager can have a +30 TD/INT differential. :thumbsup:

Brady = 1st Ballot HOFer

Rodgers = 1st round playoff loss

Flynn = Starter as soon as Rodgers gets another wittle bump on his wittle ole head.

I'll congratulate Tom for winning his 4th Super Bowl since that is a foregone conclusion. But, I still there are a lot of other QBs Id rather have than him. Hes in the top 10 or so, but nowhere the top 5.

4 Super Bowls though.... well done.

Amazing how a game manager can have a +30 TD/INT differential. :thumbsup:

Three stat-padding 1-yard TD passes to his tight ends are a good start. The Packers dropping two easy interceptions (terrible throws) are another... (I haven't seen NE's other games, but I assume there were two of those passes a game :music_guitarred: )

I understand your getting excited (and starting a thread) about HairPlugs getting all of 140 total yards against the worst defense in the league because that was exactly his putrid yardage total when the handed him the MVP in the first Super Bowl..

As for Rodgers being one of 53 participants on a very talented team and throwing for 140 yards in a Super Bowl, that will happen... Just give him time.. In the meantime, cling to Tom "Steve Kerr" Brady's teams' rings he won....

I'm tired of fighting with you guys, redtodd... so I'm going to try and fit in...

So....

Did you see Janet Jackson's nipple? OMG!!! Let's talk about it for another 7 years! :lol:

I can't believe they captured Saddam!

They cloned a sheep! :cheers:

Don't get me wrong, Brady is a very good game manager.... My hat is off to Captain Hairplugs

vs Chicago - 369 yds and 2 Tds

vs NYJ - 326 yds and 4 Tds

vs Pitt - 350 yds and 3 Tds

Brady is having one of the best seasons ever. This is a football site...stop embarrassing yourself.

vs Buffalo - 140 freakin' yds and some stat-padding TDs to his tight end

vs Green Bay Packers - 160 yds and two stat-padding TDs to (guess who????) yep, his tight end... Had two easy interception balls dropped and was completely outplayed at home by someone making his first-ever NFL start...

vs crapass Miami - 150 yards and one TD (almost 100 percent likely to his tight end... .to lazy to look up something that is almost 100 percent true :pointstosky: )

Can we agree that the Jets and the Bears are the most criminally overrated defenses in the history of the NFL and that after watching Rodgers hang 400 plus yards and 4 Tds and 36 points on Pittsburgh last Christmas, that this is not necessarily something to beat your chest or pull your hairplugs out about, too?

This is a football site...stop embarrassing yourself.

Sounds good :cheers:

Hopefully Manning can go on a three game streak with no picks. Looks like he couldn't resist another multiple pick day today. How many multiple games does Favre.....I mean Manning have this year already?

Did I mention that Brady has 4 INT's all year. Manning has more than FOUR times that amount. :lol:

We won...who cares. He can throw 50 picks in a game, as long as we win. We are running the ball, special teams is actually getting us a little better position on the field, our defense is holding teams to field goals a lot, even making goal line stands, we are stopping the run, against two of the top teams the last two weeks, we are pressuring the QB (how you beat Brady), and doing it with 3rd, 4th and 5th+ string guys. Brady and the Pats do not make the SB.

I'll congratulate Tom for winning his 4th Super Bowl since that is a foregone conclusion. But, I still there are a lot of other QBs Id rather have than him. Hes in the top 10 or so, but nowhere the top 5.

4 Super Bowls though.... well done.

Once again, stupid post. And the 18-1 Pats team won the SB that year also, right?

Greatest. Quarterback. Ever. :pointstosky:

Yes, Manning is the Greatest. Quarterback. Ever!

Admit it..you loved the bootleg run Redtodd!

Can we agree that they are some of the best defenses in the league this season.

Rodgers

vs Jets 15 for 34, 170 yds, 0 Tds, 9 pts. (W)

vs Chicago 34 for 45, 316 yds, 1 Td, 1 int, 17 pts. (L)

Can we agree that they are some of the best defenses in the league this season.

Rodgers

vs Jets 15 for 34, 170 yds, 0 Tds, 9 pts. (W)

vs Chicago 34 for 45, 316 yds, 1 Td, 1 int, 17 pts. (L)

170 > 140

Jets as overrated as they are -- much > than Bills

Chicago game was early in the year... Packers had 20 penalties...

Do you want to bet whether Rodgers does better against the Bears this weekend than 316, 1 and 1?

Get your paypal account ready! :cheers:

Brady has thrown all of 7 TD passes to his favorite WR target, Welker... I guarantee that at least 6 were their favorite play -- WR screen where Welker does all the work...

He throws most of his TDs to his tight ends and to his running backs. That is a fact, jack.

He's a great game manager... The two times he was brave enough to try and throw the ball down the field versus the Pack he should have been easily intercepted...

He's just lucky Rodgers wasn't playing that day otherwise he would have been so far behind and forced to throw the ball down the field...

....which would have been a nightmare, because the Packers secondary is very good and Brady is, well, a game manager :pointstosky:

....which would have been a nightmare, because the Packers secondary is very good and Brady is, well, a game manager :pointstosky:

Game manager with a good coach telling him what to do!

Game manager with a good coach telling him what to do!

I try to give these guys a compliment and even said "great" game manager -- not just good -- and they are all up in my grill!!!!

Talk about a touchy fanbase :shocking:

Tom Brady is a poor man's Trent Dilfer. Bill Belichick would have won 14 Super Bowls by now with Peyton Manning, Tim Couch, or Jamarcus Russell. Fact is that Brady is a weak link keeping New England from winning titles. :cry: How about another fake injury, Marsha Brady. :cry:

Brady has thrown all of 7 TD passes to his favorite WR target, Welker... I guarantee that at least 6 were their favorite play -- WR screen where Welker does all the work...

He throws most of his TDs to his tight ends and to his running backs. That is a fact, jack.

He's a great game manager... The two times he was brave enough to try and throw the ball down the field versus the Pack he should have been easily intercepted...

He's just lucky Rodgers wasn't playing that day otherwise he would have been so far behind and forced to throw the ball down the field...

....which would have been a nightmare, because the Packers secondary is very good and Brady is, well, a game manager

You got shoulda and woulda, but just missed coulda. He throws most of his Tds to running backs and tight ends.. :lol: :lol: :lol: That's great. Remember he will throw them to a Linebacker if they are open.

Brady will go down as one of the 2 best of all time, only Montana in the discussion. :pointstosky:

You got shoulda and woulda, but just missed coulda. He throws most of his Tds to running backs and tight ends.. :lol: :lol: :lol: That's great.

What are you LOLing for?

Brady TDs 2010

Tight ends = 16

All of his wide receivers 14 :(

Of which 10-12 were probably WR screen passes

Game manager :banana:

why is this considered such a negative?

if you could add a bit more "game manager" into some of these other elite QBs, they'd probably be better than Brady.

The "game manager" portion of Brady is the element that puts him in the conversation of "greatest ever".

Marino, Elway, Manning... all better pure passers than Brady... even Bledsoe may have been a better pure passer... but these guys made more bad decisions because they're so used to their golden-arms overcoming any/every adversity. Brady on the other hand, doesn't force anything, he was never considered a "supreme" talent and therefore doesn't have misplaced illusions about how far/tight a spot he can zip it into; if it ain't there, he doesn't force it.

Everyone knows that the turnover battle decides NFL games... you'll roll your eyes if any analyst even says this anymore... but few teams/QB are so successful at living by the mantra. You want to know why/how the "boring", "untalented", "short", "undrafted" New England Patriots keep winning? This right here is how. Discipline and Decision Making.

So while Brady's "volume" stats are sometimes decreased, his "efficiency" stats are usually the best.

You rarely see Brady mismanage a game clock or timeouts or take a delay of game, etc. It's hard to appreciate when you see it week in/out but then you watch some other NFL teams and you see how dumb they are, you watch them blow timeouts and botch the end-of-game clock.

And you of all people should respect this donnie... if Favre has one quarter of the game manager in him that Brady has, your Packers might have won more than one Lombardi under Favre's stewardship.

so, as I've said before, yes Vick is more exciting, yes Manning is a better pure passer, but Brady is lethally efficient - he usually wins - and he wears the right laundry - so he once again gets my vote.

why is this considered such a negative?

if you could add a bit more "game manager" into some of these other elite QBs, they'd probably be better than Brady.

The "game manager" portion of Brady is the element that puts him in the conversation of "greatest ever".

Marino, Elway, Manning... all better pure passers than Brady... even Bledsoe may have been a better pure passer... but these guys made more bad decisions because they're so used to their golden-arms overcoming any/every adversity. Brady on the other hand, doesn't force anything, he was never considered a "supreme" talent and therefore doesn't have misplaced illusions about how far/tight a spot he can zip it into; if it ain't there, he doesn't force it.

Everyone knows that the turnover battle decides NFL games... you'll roll your eyes if any analyst even says this anymore... but few teams/QB are so successful at living by the mantra. You want to know why/how the "boring", "untalented", "short", "undrafted" New England Patriots keep winning? This right here is how. Discipline and Decision Making.

So while Brady's "volume" stats are sometimes decreased, his "efficiency" stats are usually the best.

You rarely see Brady mismanage a game clock or timeouts or take a delay of game, etc. It's hard to appreciate when you see it week in/out but then you watch some other NFL teams and you see how dumb they are, you watch them blow timeouts and botch the end-of-game clock.

And you of all people should respect this donnie... if Favre has one quarter of the game manager in him that Brady has, your Packers might have won more than one Lombardi under Favre's stewardship.

so, as I've said before, yes Vick is more exciting, yes Manning is a better pure passer, but Brady is lethally efficient - he usually wins - and he wears the right laundry - so he once again gets my vote.

Good posting :cheers:

I was trying to pay Brady the ultimate compliment but then all of these irrational Patriot fans jumped down my throat and pummeled me :(

A very insecure fanbase y'all are... :lol:

One issue I do have with your post..... Favre would have more championships if he didn't have to go up against all-time powerhouse teams like the Cowboys and 49ers (and later, you can argue, the Broncos).....

Brady and your Pats, whether you want to admit it or not, benefited greatly from this watered-down parity-filled NFL... I don't know if that makes him a better quarterback necessarily....

The Patriots in a Cowboy/49ers/Packers playoff pool are not making it out of the first round.....Brady would be ringless :(

Favre would have more championships if he didn't have to go up against all-time powerhouse teams like the Cowboys and 49ers (and later, you can argue, the Broncos)..... make dumb make dumb decisions in the clutch.

fixed

fixed

Post-Holmgren I would tend to agree... and that's probably all you youngsters remember...

I'm not sure if he ever had the talent around him or the good coaching that he once had to get it done after Holmgren was gone.... 2007 NFC Championship Overtime loss would be the closest thing.... but, as you saw, even Captain Hairplugs couldn't beat that Giant team...

But there's no arguing that in the Holmgren era (when Favre was best), that the Cowboys and 49ers were gigantic hurdles that could not be eclipsed... even with "better game managing"

The Patriots in a Cowboy/49ers/Packers playoff pool are not making it out of the first round.....Brady would be ringless :(

i'd thought you had caught your limit, but you keep throwing more chum in the water, I think you're gonna need a bigger boat. :thumbsup:

Just to fixor all of you..I'm going to draft him next year...ha ha what do you think of that..The last time I drafted the bum he got an ouchie on his knee and never got me a td the whole season....now he will be fixored next year if I hear any more out the bunch of you.

:shocking:

i'd thought you had caught your limit, but you keep throwing more chum in the water, I think you're gonna need a bigger boat. :thumbsup:

Yeah... I crack myself up now that I think of it.... :pointstosky:

How would a team that barely barely barely snuck by three of the worst Super Bowl contestants in the history of the NFL (all three teams SB opponents embarrassingly had losing seasons the very next season) fare against three extremely talented, powerhouse, well-coached teams that simply stomped all over the AFC Super Bowl "representative" in the Super Bowl every single year by scores like 52-17/30-13/49-26/35-21 etc.?

They woulda been just fiiiiine...

I could see an easy run for Brady through Lambeau, then Candlestick, then Texas Stadium every year.... He probably would have won 6 rings against those scrubs!

Stupid non-Patriot fans are just so dumb :cheers:

I think it's their jealousy of the Pats greatness* that makes them so irrational

*7 years ago :(

Three stat-padding 1-yard TD passes to his tight ends are a good start. The Packers dropping two easy interceptions (terrible throws) are another... (I haven't seen NE's other games, but I assume there were two of those passes a game :music_guitarred: )

I understand your getting excited (and starting a thread) about HairPlugs getting all of 140 total yards against the worst defense in the league because that was exactly his putrid yardage total when the handed him the MVP in the first Super Bowl..

As for Rodgers being one of 53 participants on a very talented team and throwing for 140 yards in a Super Bowl, that will happen... Just give him time.. In the meantime, cling to Tom "Steve Kerr" Brady's teams' rings he won....

I'm tired of fighting with you guys, redtodd... so I'm going to try and fit in...

So....

Did you see Janet Jackson's nipple? OMG!!! Let's talk about it for another 7 years! :lol:

I can't believe they captured Saddam!

They cloned a sheep! :cheers:

Hey, it's not like he had a 46 yard half with ZERO TD's, 1 INT and ZERO points against the juggernaut defense known as the Lions. How did Brady do against the same team?

Also, did Brady need to be carted off the field and miss an extra game after a routine tackle?

But hey, continue to poop on Brady's 3 TD performance in a wind storm. It really makes you look like you know what you are talking about. :thumbsup:

What are you LOLing for?

Brady TDs 2010

Tight ends = 16

All of his wide receivers 14 :(

Of which 10-12 were probably WR screen passes

34 TD's to 4 INT's. Good post. :thumbsup:

170 > 140

170 and ZERO TD's better than 140 with 3 TD's?

Also, against the same Jets team with weaker weapons Brady threw for 326 yards and 4 TD's and 45 points. Seems little better than the 170 yards.

Good post, donny. :thumbsup:

170 and ZERO TD's better than 140 with 3 TD's?

Also, against the same Jets team with weaker weapons Brady threw for 326 yards and 4 TD's and 45 points. Seems little better than the 170 yards.

Good post, donny. :thumbsup:

Different teams at different points in the year..... Some of that stuff was months and months ago... different injuries, different conditions....

I'm more talking about now...

Brady throwing for 140 yards against crapass Buffalo is just fresh in my mind.... as is a first-time-ever QB completely outplaying him on his home field...

As is Rodgers 400 plus yards and 4 Tds versus a strong Giants D..... This is stuff that all happened very recently...

But go ahead and recount stuff from long ago, Todd Springsteen :music_guitarred:

Different teams at different points in the year..... Some of that stuff was months and months ago... different injuries, different conditions....

I'm more talking about now...

Brady throwing for 140 yards against crapass Buffalo is just fresh in my mind.... as is a first-time-ever QB completely outplaying him on his home field...

As is Rodgers 400 plus yards and 4 Tds versus a strong Giants D..... This is stuff that all happened very recently...

But go ahead and recount stuff from long ago, Todd Springsteen :music_guitarred:

Rodgers being out played by the backup QB in Detroit was pretty recent. Rodgers had a HUGE 46 yards, an interception and ZERO points. At least Flynn threw for a lot more than 46 yards, threw no INT's, actually scored SOME points, and didn't get carted off of the field after a small head bump.

This was the SAME game. It is apples to apples and Flynn outplayed Rodgers RECENTLY.

:D

uphill, both ways, no shoes, in the SNOW!

The NFL was just too darn hard for those 90's Packers.

good show here donny!

I bet this happened to you in High School too... your varsity team was teh BOMB making it all the way to the state semi's.

Then, 3 years after you graduated, those little dorks won the State Title (in a completely watered down league from when you played in of course).

:cheers: :overhead:

ohyeahAND:

The Packers title had little to do with Holmgren or Favre or the Cowboys or the Niners. Two words:

DESMOND HOWARD

No Desmond Howard and a disgruntled Parcells and Frankenstein Bledsoe thump the "mighty" Packers that overcame so much adversity to make it to the final dance.

just sayin'. :banana: