Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

So this Wisconsin teachers union thing...

:thumbsup: RIght on :thumbsup: Should fire everyone who falsely called in sick

MADISON, Wis. – Police officers are looking for Democratic Wisconsin lawmakers who were ordered to attend a vote on a bill that would strip public employees of collective bargaining rights.

No Democrats showed up for Thursday's Senate session, meaning a vote cannot be taken. Republicans need one Democratic senator to be present. Calls to Democratic leaders were not immediately returned.

Republicans are pushing the anti-union bill proposed by GOP Gov. Scott Walker. Thousands of people clogged the halls of the Statehouse for a third straight day in opposition.

Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald says law enforcement officers were searching for Democrats after they were ordered to attend the Senate session.

Protesters clogged the hallways of the Wisconsin state Capitol on Thursday as the Senate prepared to pass a momentous bill that would strip government workers, including school teachers, of nearly all collective bargaining rights.

The nation's most aggressive anti-union proposal has been speeding through the Legislature since Republican Gov. Scott Walker introduced it a week ago. After clearing a major legislative hurdle Wednesday night, it was headed to votes in the Senate and Assembly.

I'll consolidate my thread into this one since you beat me to it:

It looks like the Middle East, with all the public unions protesting the prospect they may have to actually contribute to their insurance and pensions.

Fukk You! Your state is broke, and you should have been making the contributions just like the private sector.

Now all the Dems have run away like school girls to avoid having to vote on the bill. Democrat puzzies.

It's really a shame they elected such a dumb focknut as governor. He will probably be a one-term governor so the task will be to minimize the damage this moron does during his term.

Cap Times reported:

Wisconsin needs to be fiscally responsible.

There is no question that these are tough times, and they may require tough choices.

But Gov. Scott Walker is not making tough choices. He is making political choices, and they are designed not to balance budgets but to improve his political position and that of his party.

It is for this reason that the governor claims Wisconsin is in such deep financial trouble that Wisconsinites should view this as a crisis moment.

In fact, like just about every other state in the country, Wisconsin is managing in a weak economy. The difference is that Wisconsin is managing better -- or at least it had been managing better until Walker took over. Despite shortfalls in revenue following the economic downturn that hit its peak with the Bush-era stock market collapse, the state has balanced budgets, maintained basic services and high-quality schools, and kept employment and business development steadier than the rest of the country. It has managed so well, in fact, that the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau recently released a memo detailing how the state will end the 2009-2011 budget biennium with a budget surplus. In its Jan. 31 memo to legislators on the condition of the state's budget, the Fiscal Bureau determined that the state will end the year with a balance of $121.4 million.

To the extent that there is an imbalance -- Walker claims there is a $137 million deficit -- it is not because of a drop in revenues or increases in the cost of state employee contracts, benefits or pensions. It is because Walker and his allies pushed through $140 million in new spending for special-interest groups in January. If the Legislature were simply to rescind Walker's new spending schemes -- or delay their implementation until they are offset by fresh revenues -- the "crisis" would not exist.

The Fiscal Bureau memo -- which readers can access at http://legis.wiscons...Vos&Darling.pdf -- makes it clear that Walker did not inherit a budget that required a repair bill.

So no crisis exists? We'll create one, then blame it on the ebbil UNIONS!!!! :wacko:

God I wish stupid hurt.

It's really a shame they elected such a dumb focknut as governor. He will probably be a one-term governor so the task will be to minimize the damage this moron does during his term.

Cap Times reported:

So no crisis exists? We'll create one, then blame it on the ebbil UNIONS!!!! :wacko:

God I wish stupid hurt.

nice link : The Cap Times Your Progressive Voice

I should come back with a story by Limbaugh

Cap Times reported:

God I wish stupid hurt.

We found us a Union man! :D

Are you really this clueless?

nice link : The Cap Times Your Progressive Voice

I should come back with a story by Limbaugh

You probably will.

The Fiscal Bureau memo -- which readers can access at http://legis.wiscons...Vos&Darling.pdf -- makes it clear that Walker did not inherit a budget that required a repair bill.

Can you refute the numbers or are you just gonna stick to your ad hominem guns and ignore the facts?

Cap Times reported:

God I wish stupid hurt.

He is even dumber than Sen. Ron "I am dumber than a box of hammers" Johnson.... A college dropout with some serious anger and little man issues....

This is what happens when the Republicans machine rains down billions of dollars on our state and they get hickish northern Wisconsin people to vote en masse.

Walker is such a chickensh!t that he exempted fire and police departments :lol:

Are we cutting the waste or not?

You probably will.

Can you refute the numbers or are you just gonna stick to your ad hominem guns and ignore the facts?

If you're making a poll, I vote this one happens.

We found us a Union man! :D

Are you really this clueless?

We found us a dumbass! :D

Can you refute the numbers?

To finish Dan X's article...

Because of the painful choices made by the previous Legislature, Wisconsin is in better shape fiscally than most states.

Wisconsin has lower unemployment than most states.

Wisconsin has better prospects for maintaining great schools, great public services and a great quality of life than most states, even in turbulent economic times.

Unfortunately, Walker has a political agenda that relies on the fantasy that Wisconsin is teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

Walker is not interested in balanced budgets, efficient government or meaningful job creation.

Walker is interested in gaming the system to benefit his political allies and campaign contributors.

To achieve that end, he has proposed a $137 million budget “repair” bill that he intends to use as a vehicle to:

1. Undermine the long-established collective bargaining rights of public employee unions, which have for 80 years been the strongest advocates for programs that serve the great mass of Wisconsinites, as opposed to wealthy elites and corporate special interests. As Racine’s Democratic state Rep. Cory Mason says, the governor’s bill is designed not with the purpose of getting the state’s finances in order but as “an assault on Wisconsin’s working families and political payback against unions who didn’t support Gov. Walker.”

2. Pay for schemes that redirect state tax dollars to wealthy individuals and corporate interests that have been sources of campaign funding for Walker’s fellow Republicans and special-interest campaigns on their behalf. As Madison’s Democratic state Rep. Brett Hulsey notes, the governor and legislators aligned with him have over the past month given away special-interest favors to every lobby group that came asking, creating zero jobs in the process “but increasing the deficit by more than $100 million.”

Actually, Hulsey’s being conservative in his estimate of how much money Walker and his allies have misappropriated for political purposes.

One Wisconsin Now, the progressive watchdog group that has provided the closest monitoring of Walker’s budgetary gamesmanship, explains:

“Since his inauguration in early January, Walker has approved $140 million in new special-interest spending that includes:

“• $25 million for an economic development fund for job creation that still has $73 million due to a lack of job creation. Walker is creating a $25 million hole which will not create or retain jobs.

“• $48 million for private health savings accounts, which primarily benefit the wealthy. A study from the federal Governmental Accountability Office showed the average adjusted gross income of HSA participants was $139,000 and nearly half of HSA participants reported withdrawing nothing from their HSA, evidence that it is serving as a tax shelter for wealthy participants.

“• $67 million for a tax shift plan, so ill-conceived that at best the benefit provided to ‘job creators’ would be less than a dollar a day per new job, and may be as little as 30 cents a day.”

State Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Madison, sums up this scheming accurately when he says: “In one fell swoop, Gov. Walker is trying to institute a sweeping radical and dangerous notion that will return Wisconsin to the days when land barons and railroad tycoons controlled the political elites in Madison.”

The bottom line is evident to anyone who cares to pay attention not to the spin but to the budget figures: Walker is manufacturing a fiscal “crisis” in order to achieve political goals.

Walker is not addressing a fiscal crisis.

He is not serving Wisconsin.

He is serving his own interest and those of the lobbyists who represent his campaign contributors.

the question is should we waste our time on that silliness?

The bomama budget forecasts roses and happiness too

To finish Dan X's article...

One Wisconsin Now, the progressive watchdog group that has provided the closest monitoring of Walker's budgetary gamesmanship,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I could write an opposing pov, say that my numbers came from a thorough study of the situation by Brainy Smurf, and have more credibility

Where did all the brave democrats run off to?

Probably off to the next dumb@ss repubtard thread to keep calling you a lying welcher. :overhead: :overhead: :overhead:

the question is should we waste our time on that silliness?

The bomama budget forecasts roses and happiness too

What does Obama have to do with Wisconsin's budget?

You're really dumb. :(

He is even dumber than Sen. Ron "I am dumber than a box of hammers" Johnson.... A college dropout with some serious anger and little man issues....

This is what happens when the Republicans machine rains down billions of dollars on our state and they get hickish northern Wisconsin people to vote en masse.

Walker is such a chickensh!t that he exempted fire and police departments :lol:

Are we cutting the waste or not?

You are obviously an uninformed troll. Ron Johnson is a graduate of the University of Minnisota. What other lies do you want to spread? If you aren't a union man you are a fool.

Figures lie and liars figure.

Here are some facts:

A close friend taught in Wisconsin for 33 years. At age 55 she was given $20,000 to retire early with full medical at 75% of her gross. This enabled her husband to retire too, at age 56. They promptly moved from Wisconsin to a warm weather state yet Wisconsin will continue to pay them for 30-40 years. It was a great deal for them but it is of no value to the tax payers of Wisconsin. How long do you think this can continue before the entire system collapses? Just because Wisconsin is not is as terrible shape as CA, NY, or NJ does not mean they do not have a fiscal crisis coming on in later years.

and you believe everything you read apparently

Figures lie and liars figure.

Here are some facts:

A close friend taught in Wisconsin for 33 years. At age 55 she was given $20,000 to retire early with full medical at 75% of her gross. This enabled her husband to retire too, at age 56. They promptly moved from Wisconsin to a warm weather state yet Wisconsin will continue to pay them for 30-40 years. It was a great deal for them but it is of no value to the tax payers of Wisconsin. How long do you think this can continue before the entire system collapses? Just because Wisconsin is not is as terrible shape as CA, NY, or NJ does not mean they do not have a fiscal crisis coming on in later years.

no no no that progressive rag says everything is peachy. don't worry, be happy! and if they say it, it must be troo

You are obviously an uninformed troll. Ron Johnson is a graduate of the University of Minnisota. What other lies do you want to spread? If you aren't a union man you are a fool.

Gov. Scott Walker is the college dropout... Johnson graduating from the University of Minnisota[sic] and flunking out of business school and not opining on a single topic when running for senator puts him a notch above Walker..

And, judging from your ability to spell neighboring states, 4 steps above you :pointstosky:

What does Purdue beating UW have to do with Ohio State's inability to beat the Badgers in any sport? :dunno:

GettinSwampDog is just stupid this way :thumbsdown:

Anyone locate those brave Dem lawmakers yet? :bench:

They heard the Dallas Lions were helping to look for them so they're hiding next to the Lombardi Trophy :pointstosky:

They heard the Dallas Lions were helping to look for them so they're hiding next to the Lombardi Trophy :pointstosky:

WTF does the lombardi trophy have to do with puzzy AWOL Demwit Wisconsin lawmakers? :overhead: :overhead: :overhead:

WTF does the lombardi trophy have to do with puzzy AWOL Demwit Wisconsin lawmakers? :overhead: :overhead: :overhead:

Your Dallas Lions are helping to look for them.... They haven't won a Lombardi Trophy in almost 2 decades... [they've really only one playoff game in that span, but that's another topic]

Hence, the Dem. Senators are hiding by the Lombardi Trophy [because that would make them safe]

HTH!! :pointstosky:

If not,

Maybe I can get braniac Ron Johnson to go over it with you one more time... :lol:

Forget facts and reports actual numbers and stuff. I once knew a guy! Here's HIS story! :wacko:

God I wish stupid hurt.

Gov. Scott Walker is the college dropout... Johnson graduating from the University of Minnisota[sic] and flunking out of business school and not opining on a single topic when running for senator puts him a notch above Walker..

And, judging from your ability to spell neighboring states, 4 steps above you :pointstosky:

Yeah, I will have to see that link.

Your Dallas Lions are helping to look for them.... They haven't won a Lombardi Trophy in almost 2 decades... [they've really only one playoff game in that span, but that's another topic]

Hence, the Dem. Senators are hiding by the Lombardi Trophy [because that would make them safe]

HTH!! :pointstosky:

Oh. You thought you were being funny.

You failed.

HTH :overhead: :overhead: :overhead:

They aren't awol, they are just on their "union break". They are right around the corner, sitting on pails while chain smoking and talking on their cell phone. They'll be back just as everyone else is ready to go home.

I am off to play golf on the Wisconsin taxpayers dime. Life is good.

when my mum was a kiddo and my grandpa ran the local skool board, the teachers planned this walkout strike on a day they knew

he planned to be there, he caught wind of it and went perch fishing. they walked out, considered the situation, and went back to work.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unions, The real cause of failing state economies and demise of manufacturing. Insecure thugs who aren't good enough to rely on skill, work ethic and knowlage to get what they deserve.

The only ones I cut slack to are the skilled trades.....they have to work. Municipal, teachers and manufacturing unions are killing this country.

Unions, The real cause of failing state economies and demise of manufacturing. Insecure thugs who aren't good enough to rely on skill, work ethic and knowlage to get what they deserve.

The only ones I cut slack to are the skilled trades.....they have to work. Municipal, teachers and manufacturing unions are killing this country.

Nobody has knowlage like you do, kenmuscles!!!

You could be governor of Wisconsin :banana:

So to sum up.... Unions suck... 'cept for your Plumbers Union!

They are somehow different :pointstosky:

teachers are the one area where unions provide some value. while there are always stories of some teacher that has quit, they do a decent job of establsihing requirements and keeping the pay at a reasonable level. I want people to get paid enough to want to be teachers.