Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

Kevin Love

I know, rats arse about the NBA, but this guy is just turning into a monster. Tonight, he had 37 points and 23 rebounds, the 4th time he's gone for 30/20 this season. :shocking: The entire NBA other than him has done that once this year.

He recorded his 45th straight double/double. Boy, did I miss the boat on this guy coming out of college. I didn't think his game would translate to the pros as well as it did. I thought maybe he'd average about 10/9, something like that, but he's going for 21/15 per after 14/11 last year. You don't hear about this as much on the east coast, especially since Minnesota is about 30 games under .500, but I'm very impressed with him. :thumbsup:

I don't follow basketball but yeah, this guy is impressive. and white.. :shocking:

Didn't he just break a record for consecutive double/doubles?

Didn't he just break a record for consecutive double/doubles?

If I heard correctly, I think the record is 49, but I may be wrong about that.

I know, rats arse about the NBA, but this guy is just turning into a monster. Tonight, he had 37 points and 23 rebounds, the 4th time he's gone for 30/20 this season. :shocking: The entire NBA other than him has done that once this year.

He recorded his 45th straight double/double. Boy, did I miss the boat on this guy coming out of college. I didn't think his game would translate to the pros as well as it did. I thought maybe he'd average about 10/9, something like that, but he's going for 21/15 per after 14/11 last year. You don't hear about this as much on the east coast, especially since Minnesota is about 30 games under .500, but I'm very impressed with him. :thumbsup:

I agree with all of this; I didn't see it coming either. I just saw him in person when the 'Wolves were in Milwaukee to play the Bucks. Love was big; active and effective (Bogut was out of the game alot due to foul trouble, though).

He's elevating his game like Bogut did. Very impressive.

If I heard correctly, I think the record is 49, but I may be wrong about that.

The record is 51 by Moses Malone back in the day.

I was a little letdown when the Wolves traded Mayo for Love a few years back....turns out that was a good trade though.....one of the few pulled off by the T-Pups. I don't think Love is a guy you can build around, but he's a nice player. If the Queerest GM in all of sports had a clue, the Wolves might be halfway decent. Passing on Curry for Rubio and Flynn was stupid. Wes Johnson? Meh. I doubt Love re-signs with the Wolves...and this franchise will suck for another decade. :wall:

On that team, Love has the opportunity to do pretty much whatever he wants around the basket. Good god, they're soft.

The kid works extremely hard and has that nose for where the ball's coming off the rim that the great rebounders seem to have. Strong hands, very good boxout player. Against the right matchup...and the NBA is sorely lacking in physical, low post bigs...he has some huge nights. The Wolves 'talent' dictates that he plays lots of time at Center, which probably wouldn't be the case on a good team. I believe he's closer to 6'8" than the 6'10" he's listed at, though there have been HOF centers that height (Cowens, Unseld come to mind).

His stats are a bit inflated by the weakness of the team, and the other players complete willingness to have him do anything that resembles actual effort. Jesus, they're awful. One of the worst pro rosters you'll ever see. But you have to admire anyone that gets where they are through competitiveness and hard work.

He's a piss-poor defender.

45 straight double/doubles, 30/20 4 times, who focking cares if he's not the best defender? :dunno:

Is that you Kurt Rambis? :lol:

Dude has been playing out of his mind this season. During the first week of the year, when Rambis was only giving him 20 minutes a game, a panicked owner in my fantasy B-ball (thats what we called it back in the day) league traded Love to me for John Wall. With him and David Lee I have two of the baddest, American-born white boys in the league.

The New Orleans Hornets were 9 point favorites over the Timberwolves at home a few weeks back. The Hornitos were down like 12 at the half and the 2nd half line was Hornets -7, so basically they could lose by as many as 4 points on their home floor to the shiitty Timberwolves and itd still be a winner.

Loser. In fact, the Wolves won by about 15-20 cause Kevin Love manhandled the entire Hornets team and went like 14 for 14 from the free throw line. Hes like...pretty good and stuff.

Agreed, but you'd have to be a combination of Dwight Howard and Dikembe Mutombo to be a successful low post defender on that team.

He's a guy without a real position on the defensive end. Can't move with wing players, too small to handle legit low post players. But his shortcomings are magnified by the overall lack of talent, skill and effort on that team.

Other than that, they're headed in the right direction!

No starting 5 has 5 solid defenders. Its up to the coaches to work around that. Yea, his defense ain't great, but his offense makes up for it. he doesn't waste shots, can bang, or stretch the floor and bomb 3's.

Not really a Wolves fan, though i have kept an eye on what they do since I used to follow them all the time when the had Garnett.

I was one of the few in my circle of friends who thought the trade of Mayo for Love was a good deal for Minny. But thats because I knew Mayo was completely overhyped. Though I did not think Love would turn out to be as good as he has been.

You can completely build a franchise around him, great defender or not. He needs to work on that aspect but the T-Wolves would be wise to keep him around and keep building in the right direction.

Not really a Wolves fan, though i have kept an eye on what they do since I used to follow them all the time when the had Garnett.

I was one of the few in my circle of friends who thought the trade of Mayo for Love was a good deal for Minny. But thats because I knew Mayo was completely overhyped. Though I did not think Love would turn out to be as good as he has been.

You can completely build a franchise around him, great defender or not. He needs to work on that aspect but the T-Wolves would be wise to keep him around and keep building in the right direction.

First of all, thanks for stopping by. This thread is now complete with 'WhiteWonder'...and so will the Jimmer Fredette thread once you get over there.

Disagree with your take on the T-Pups being able to build around Love. He's a nice player, but he'll never the 'the guy' ala Durant, Wade, Rose, etc. Especially with Rambis still the head coach. For whatever reason, there are times when Love sits long periods on the bench...and it seems like no other reason than Rambis trying to send a message.

And while I agree that the Wolves would be wise to hang onto Love in the future, how can you think this team is building in the right direction? This team ain't going nowhere with Kaka Kahn calling the shots. Horrible GM.

45 straight double/doubles, 30/20 4 times, who focking cares if he's not the best defender? :dunno:

I do. It's neat that he gets his double-doubles, but I am tired of seeing the other team's PF go off because Love can't move his feet or won't bother to put a hand in their face.

First of all, thanks for stopping by. This thread is now complete with 'WhiteWonder'...and so will the Jimmer Fredette thread once you get over there.

Disagree with your take on the T-Pups being able to build around Love. He's a nice player, but he'll never the 'the guy' ala Durant, Wade, Rose, etc. Especially with Rambis still the head coach. For whatever reason, there are times when Love sits long periods on the bench...and it seems like no other reason than Rambis trying to send a message.

And while I agree that the Wolves would be wise to hang onto Love in the future, how can you think this team is building in the right direction? This team ain't going nowhere with Kaka Kahn calling the shots. Horrible GM.

Well not many players are the few you listed. I think deron Williams is a great player for the nets to build around and he is not top three in the league.

Also rambis being coach doesn't matter either. I agree they need to get rid of him but his poor coaching has little to do with loves ability to be it not be a marquee player.