Sign in to follow this  
Mookz

Iran threatens London boycott over 'racist' Olympic logo

Iran is threatening to boycott of the 2012 London Olympics because it claims the official logo for the games resembles the word "Zion," which is a biblical term for Jerusalem.

Bahram Afsharzadeh, the secretary-general of Iran's National Olympic Committee, says he sent a letter to IOC president Jacques Rogge in which he condemns the logo as "racist" and calls upon other Muslim countries to join in protest.

My link <--- see it here

Screw Iran and all, but that has to be the worst Olympic logo of all time. :shocking:

If they are really offended by the word Zion, then they have a point, it's not hard to see. Not sure why it'd be a big deal, though... if it pisses you off, pump up the steroid program and go win some medals in protest.

If you want to see the word ZION then you are going to see it. Looks and awful lot like 2011 to me though.

If you want to see the word ZION then you are going to see it. Looks and awful lot like 2011 to me though.

To bad the olympics are in 2012.

To bad the olympics are in 2012.

Thats just what the Zionists want you to think. :shocking:

I would boycott because that logo is so bad it makes the Big 11+1 Champions and Legends divisions seem creatively brilliant. :thumbsup:

I was really hoping to watch the Iranians compete against the Jamaicans in the bobsled... damn

I would boycott because that logo is so bad it makes the Big 11+1 Champions and Legends divisions seem creatively brilliant. :thumbsup:

nothing is worse than that stupid ######.

I kind of like the logo... reminds me of a Keith Haring painting. :unsure:

Do iranians read right to left and upside down? NOIZ? As in bring in da?

:unsure: