Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

And I'm sure I'll still enjoy the series after reading the books; as it is now, I know I miss a ton of the little details.

:thumbsup:

Guaranteed. It's a bit of a catch-22; either you read the books and spoil the series somewhat, or you watch the series and spoil the books somewhat. One you can do now, and the other you can wait for years.

Enemy #1 is the Lannisters - I don't know what's North beyond the Wall but I'm pretty sure I'd root for White Walkers and Zombies over the Lannisters right now.

Well said. :thumbsup:

At first I thought I'd wait to read the books, but after season 1 is over I'm pretty sure I'll dive head first into the series of books. :banana:

:thumbsup:

Guaranteed. It's a bit of a catch-22; either you read the books and spoil the series somewhat, or you watch the series and spoil the books somewhat. One you can do now, and the other you can wait for years.

I read all the Lord of the Rings book before I saw those movies and it didn't matter much.

I have to read these now.

What I've come to realize in watching is that the show/story is about THE KIDS! Early on, we saw that exchange with Joffrey/Kids in the North and it showed us just how serious the doings of the children were. I'm guessing that the story spans a couple of generations and instead of needing "backstory" like it's Martin's verion of an "Episode IV", we're actually watching all the backstory now.

Joffrey, Snow, Rob, Arya, even Dany who started out young and grew up in this season - that's what this show is about and although we don't know it yet, THEY are the main characters.

And what will happen is that a season or 2 or 3 down the line, These kids will be even better characters for us - they'll be some of the deepest, most well written characters we've ever seen.

What I'm really wondering is if there will be some sort of Apocolypse in Westeros? Will all of this stuff with the Throne and Titles/Feuds/etc be reduced to rubble once Winter Comes? Will we see the Starks, Drogo, and (yuck) Lannisters all fighting together against whatever the North brings?

and in the End, doesn't it seem like Dany and all here "dragon" stuff is the only thing that will match up against the supernatural horrors of the North?

I could see myself backing Dany as ruler of the World.

Whoever didn't know what King Joffrey Joffa was going to do, hasn't been paying attention.

pretty sh1t episode if you ask me.

Whoever didn't know what King Joffrey Joffa was going to do, hasn't been paying attention.

pretty sh1t episode if you ask me.

:thumbsdown: I didn't see it coming. I was thinking Sean Bean was the main character. Plus he promissed his "girl" never to hurt her again. And his mom was so against it. Little blood thirsty bastard.

But I'm thinking TDRyan is right and the real story is about the kids. Rob is one badarse leader. "Do I have 2000 volunteers to march towards that 30,000 man army over there? Ok, you, you, and you"

So, is this what I want to buy to get going on these books:

Amazon Link Here

I think there's a 5th book now:

A Game of Thrones

A Clash of Kings

A Storm of Swords

A Feast for Crows

A Dance with Dragons (Think this one just came out) :unsure:

The Winds of Winter (forthcoming)

A Dream of Spring (forthcoming)

:thumbsdown: I didn't see it coming. I was thinking Sean Bean was the main character. But I'm thinking TDRyan is right and the real story is about the kids. Rob is one badarse leader. "Do I have 2000 volunteers to march towards that 30,000 man army over there? Ok, you, you, and you"

I wasn't surprised in the least. Joffrey is 10x the douche Jamie is.

Everything I havent wanted to happen in this show, not one thing I have wanted has happened.

I'm actually upset and pisses at what happened. Last time I was upset during a series was when Deadwood killed off Wild Bill Hicock in only the 5th episode of the 1st season.

I'm actually upset and pisses at what happened.

You piss at what happens? It's only a show, dude. :banana:

You piss at what happens? It's only a show, dude. :banana:

It's not right! George R. Martin is going to hear from me! :mad:

Not only did Lord Stark almost share my 1st name, he's been my favorite lead character in a show since The Shield.

I wasn't surprised in the least. Joffrey is 10x the douche Jamie is.

Everything I havent wanted to happen in this show, not one thing I have wanted has happened.

I'm actually upset and pisses at what happened. Last time I was upset during a series was when Deadwood killed off Wild Bill Hicock in only the 5th episode of the 1st season.

Agreed Joffrey is a douche. I was more surprised that after all the "honor" Ned was about, he'd go lie in front of everyone to save his daughters. And a little surprised he didn't retract before the deed was done. I'd have shouted out just before my head fell, "Hey everyone, that little bastard is the inbred son of his mom and uncle." Just to stir it up one last time.

I'm woundering how ugly the chick is that Rob has to marry? His mom is all.."Well there is one that wasn't so...." Silence :unsure:

And a little surprised he didn't retract before the deed was done. I'd have shouted out just before my head fell, "Hey everyone, that little bastard is the inbred son of his mom and uncle." Just to stir it up one last time.

Yeah, I agree with this, but I guess to move the story along RR Martin had him keep his piehole shut.

I'm actually upset and pisses at what happened.

me too.

and THAT is what makes this so great... when things finally do go the way we want, it will be more rewarding.

The fact that the show can make you "feel" anything is proof that it's terrific.

I was surprised they did it and it was a good slap-in-the face... EVERY show on television should be thanking GOT's now.

As viewers, we're always factoring in things we shouldn't to figure out what's going to happen - i.e. Who the Actor is, What time is it and how many minutes left in the hour, etc.

GOT has abused us for that... it's made fools of us... they KNOW we're thinking about all of these outside/non-story related elements - and they've used it to spin our haids.

Agreed Joffrey is a douche. I was more surprised that after all the "honor" Ned was about, he'd go lie in front of everyone to save his daughters. And a little surprised he didn't retract before the deed was done. I'd have shouted out just before my head fell, "Hey everyone, that little bastard is the inbred son of his mom and uncle." Just to stir it up one last time.

I'm woundering how ugly the chick is that Rob has to marry? His mom is all.."Well there is one that wasn't so...." Silence :unsure:

Ned was all about honor, one of the few.

You think Rob will live long enough to have to marry?

I'm dying for Jon Snow to come save the day. Like everything else in this show I want, it won't happen :mad:

I was thinking Jon Snow would be safe from being beheaded for leaving the wall.. I guess Rob would have that duty now? So I guess he would be.

me too.

and THAT is what makes this so great... when things finally do go the way we want, it will be more rewarding.

The fact that the show can make you "feel" anything is proof that it's terrific.

I was surprised they did it and it was a good slap-in-the face... EVERY show on television should be thanking GOT's now.

As viewers, we're always factoring in things we shouldn't to figure out what's going to happen - i.e. Who the Actor is, What time is it and how many minutes left in the hour, etc.

GOT has abused us for that... it's made fools of us... they KNOW we're thinking about all of these outside/non-story related elements - and they've used it to spin our haids.

When I was a wee lad and used to watch GI Joe cartoon, I always rooted for Cobra. They never won, not even once. How unrealistic is that?

me too.

You guys are gonna ruin your TVs if you keep that up. Maybe you should just poop at what happens. :unsure:

You guys are gonna ruin your TVs if you keep that up. Maybe you should just poop at what happens. :unsure:

har har. funny man

You guys are gonna ruin your TVs if you keep that up.

:dunno: I didn't throw anything at the TV - I was just like :o :mad: "you little M-f'er - I want to fight you, now".

:dunno: I didn't throw anything at the TV - I was just like :o :mad: "you little M-f'er - I want to fight you, now".

I said I was pisses at the show, instead of pissed.

kutulu is funny

As long as Arya kills Joffrey Joffa, then all will be good with the world.

I said I was pisses at the show, instead of pissed.

kutulu is funny

:banana:

Ned was all about honor, one of the few.

I'm dying for Jon Snow to come save the day. Like everything else in this show I want, it won't happen :mad:

I was thinking Jon Snow would be safe from being beheaded for leaving the wall.. I guess Rob would have that duty now? So I guess he would be.

Yeah, but I was a little pissed that after being all about honor to a fault, he blew it last second.

Rob could overtake the thrown and pardon Snow for leaving couldn't he? He's gonna need him when the million man zombie army comes a climbing the wall.

Anyone else think Drago will be a white walker soon? :unsure:

Only killable through fire while his wife can't die by fire. Kinda ironic.

Yeah, but I was a little pissed that after being all about honor to a fault, he blew it last second.

The whole thing made me wonder about Ser Jorah too.

His actions and everything we've seen of him is upstanding - the guy's noble.

But all we hear is that he's a traitor... a traitor how? like Ned Stark is a traitor?

Anyone else think Drago will be a white walker soon? :unsure:

Only killable through fire while his wife can't die by fire. Kinda ironic.

she's gonna' hatch those eggs - this show is going to be Dragons agains White Walkers - I just hope it doesn't get as corny as it sounds.

Rob could overtake the throne and pardon Snow for leaving couldn't he? He's gonna need him when the million man zombie army comes a climbing the wall.

When will we hear from Stannis Baratheon?

I'm wondering what happens to Khalisee when she enters the tent and spits out her baby as the witch is casting a spell. That should be interesting.

But all we hear is that he's a traitor... a traitor how? like Ned Stark is a traitor?

He sold slaves and that's treason for whatever reason. That was all I have heard he did so far.

I'm wondering what happens to Khalisee when she enters the tent and spits out her baby as the witch is casting a spell. That should be interesting.

yeah, you're in-line with what I'm thinking - Dany, Drogo, and kid become Westeros's version of The Incredibles and they lead the charge against the beasties from teh north.

Who is Jorah again? The guy hiding the eyes of Ned youngest daughter?

Dany's Man-At-Arms.

Also, we learned this week that Jora's father is Snow's boss at the Wall.

yeah, you're in-line with what I'm thinking - Dany, Drogo, and kid become Westeros's version of The Incredibles and they lead the charge against the beasties from teh north.

The kid will look like the baby born in Dawn of Dead (newest version) With blue eyes

Yeah, he's a good guy

Thanks!

He seems likes a noble guy, but he sold slaves. He seems to be protecting Danny, because he knows it's what is best for him in the long run. He's out for himself, like mostly everyone else in this show. In one way or another.

I think I'd be foolish to think anyone will survive at this point. Everyone has s shelf life of 6 episodes so far. :D Only the whoorz survive

The guy who grabbed Arya is Yoren, he goes around the realm and recruits for the Night's Watch.

The deal on Jorah; he had himself a high-maintenace trophy wife he couldn't afford and went into debt trying to keep her happy. He caught some poachers and sold them into slavery for the money. That was against the law. Ned got wind of it and sentenced him to death, but he ran off to Braavos before Ned could catch up to him. I think the treason was the running off, not the selling of the poachers.

The guy who grabbed Arya is Yoren, he goes around the realm and recruits for the Night's Watch.

Great name for the job.

Goes to jail cell. Anyone wanna get out of jail and join the knights watch?

Guy raises hand...

yoren!

2 different guys.

Jorah Mormont the exiled knight, is the guy with Danny, aka Khalisee

Yoren is the guy from the night's watch

2 different guys.

Jorah Mormont the exiled knight, is the guy with Danny, aka Khalisee

Yoren is the guy from the night's watch

I know, I was explaining who it was that grabbed Arya.

Great name for the job.

Goes to jail cell. Anyone wanna get out of jail and join the knights watch?

Guy raises hand...

yoren!

:D