Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

Even though I knew it was coming, it was still hard to watch Ned die. I had to stop reading for days when I first read the books. Challenges all your preconceived notions of how things are supposed to happen.

My wife was bawling and made me rewind and watch it again with her.

Even though I knew it was coming, it was still hard to watch Ned die. I had to stop reading for days when I first read the books. Challenges all your preconceived notions of how things are supposed to happen.

My wife was bawling and made me rewind and watch it again with her.

That's what makes this series of books (haven't seen the show, no HBO) so good. As the story unfolds, good guys die, bad guys win, and you kind of end up with a mess where nobody is "good" or "bad" completely.

Sorry if that is a spoiler...

That's what makes this series of books (haven't seen the show, no HBO) so good. As the story unfolds, good guys die, bad guys win, and you kind of end up with a mess where nobody is "good" or "bad" completely.

Sorry if that is a spoiler...

Fock a spoiler. How the hell do you talk about show on the internet if you can't talk about what happened? We all sit around saying what? THAT WUZ THE UBER!@$#!@

Fock a spoiler. How the hell do you talk about show on the internet if you can't talk about what happened? We all sit around saying what? THAT WUZ THE UBER!@$#!@

I was referring to stuff that happens in the books that hasn't happened yet on the show. It would be rude for me to outline who dies going forward.

or Robb could take the throne and pardon him.

orrr more likely i could see him come fight by Robb's side and after victory, Robb lets him slip away rather than behead him. Could be a nostalgic scene where they talk about their father and robb looks the other way as snow rides off :thumbsup:

if my guess is correct, I don't think so

but i don't want to post what I think and ruin it just in case i'm right ;)

if my guess is correct, I don't think so

but i don't want to post what I think and ruin it just in case i'm right ;)

Check your inbox...

edjr ? :shocking:

Guilty

Kinda a spoiler dude.

How is that a spoiler when both were stated in the last episode? :blink:

Kinda a spoiler dude.

You're kinda a spoiler, since you can't keep up.

:banana:

I don't get how not only you guys know all the character's names, but you all seem to spell them the same. The only characters I know by name are:

Dany, the albino chick

Ned, head of the Starks

Jaimie, the pretty boy Lannister

Drogo, the horse lord

Rob, Ned's son

Snow, Ned's bastard

Little Finger - the guy on the council who loves him some whores

I think the midget's name is Tyrion or something like that, but God bless you if you know the rest of them. What are the two brothers that don't seem to bathe? Mountain and Hound or something like that? And the bald dude with no balls? Who's he?

I don't get how not only you guys know all the character's names, but you all seem to spell them the same. The only characters I know by name are:

Dany, the albino chick

Ned, head of the Starks

Drogo, the horse lord

Rob, Ned's son

Snow, Ned's bastard

I think the midget's name is Tyrion or something like that, but God bless you if you know the rest of them. What are the two brothers that don't seem to bathe? Mountain and Hound or something like that? And the bald dude with no balls? Who's he?

I have watched each episode accept the last at least 3 times and I started reading the book. It's fairly easy to remember the names. As far as the spelling, wikipedia.org does a wonderful job as always with that.

Dany, the albino chick

Ned, head of the Starks

Drogo, the horse lord

Rob, Ned's son

Snow, Ned's bastard

The Brothers are Gregor and Sandor Clegane, the Mountain and the Hound respectively.

The bald eunech is Varys. Not a lot is known about him. Lots of speculation about who he might 'really' be.

I don't get how not only you guys know all the character's names, but you all seem to spell them the same.

that's b/c you're a math geek.

those of us who know/spell all the werds rite rarley understand your numerical wizardry.

Dany, the albino chick

Ned, head of the Starks

Drogo, the horse lord

Rob, Ned's son

Snow, Ned's bastard

Gregor and Sandor Clegane aka the Mountain and the Hound

And the bald eunuch is Varys

Dany, the albino chick

Ned, head of the Starks

Drogo, the horse lord

Rob, Ned's son

Snow, Ned's bastard

ill kind of agree with this. and people saying they are just good at spelling... most of these are made up words.

i didnt even know the blonde chick as dany, i know her as khalese but i guess thats just her horse people name.

also i prefer to use simple, funny terms like horse people, midget or "no penis man" for characters whose real names i dont recall.

The bald eunech is Varys. Not a lot is known about him. Lots of speculation about who he might 'really' be.

He's the Daniel Sedin of Game Of Thrones. He has no balls.

The imp has a lot of good lines, but I'm liking Jaimie more and more. Yeah, he banged his own sister, but that wasn't as frowned upon back then...at least according to what I've heard so far on the show. And yeah, he pushed the now cripple kid out the castle window, but he did it for love. Also, he was apparently the only one with the balls to kill the crazy King when some killing needed to be done. He loves his family going as far as to hook up his midget bro with a girlfriend/whoore..not his fault pops rained on that parade by setting her up for the royal gangbang. And he has a cool nickname, KingSLAYER!!! :headbanger:

The imp has a lot of good lines, but I'm liking Jaimie more and more. Yeah, he banged his own sister, but that wasn't as frowned upon back then...at least according to what I've heard so far on the show. And yeah, he pushed the now cripple kid out the castle window, but he did it for love. Also, he was apparently the only one with the balls to kill the crazy King when some killing needed to be done. He loves his family going as far as to hook up his midget bro with a girlfriend/whoore..not his fault pops rained on that parade by setting her up for the royal gangbang. And he has a cool nickname, KingSLAYER!!! :headbanger:

Valid points.

Jaime is a giant douche. Has the looks, sword fighting talent, yet not the balls to lead. He had a 30,000 man army overtaken by an 18,000 man army because they weren't ready? Really?

Jaime is a giant douche. Has the looks, sword fighting talent, yet not the balls to lead. He had a 30,000 man army overtaken by an 18,000 man army because they weren't ready? Really?

I have a tender spot in my heart for dooshes, bastards and broken things. Hence, my being here. :wave:

I wonder who they'll cast to play Stannis next season?

I think I am in love. Dragon lady. :wub:

Wasn't that the dead king's bastard son, from a few episodes ago,taking up for ayra, the little sword girl who was made into a boy, taking up for her/him? Those two will be formidable one day.

:thumbsup:

9 weeks of episodes, all ruined by 1 completely retarded episode. What a joke episode 10 was. It took a great mostly believable show and turned it into sci-fi dungeons and dragons episode in 1 week. :thumbsdown: I don't even care when season 2 is.

Wasn't that the dead king's bastard son, from a few episodes ago,taking up for ayra, the little sword girl who was made into a boy, taking up for her/him? Those two will be formidable one day.

Yes, that was King Robert's bastard son, that talked to Arya and is going to the wall.

9 weeks of episodes, all ruined by 1 completely retarded episode. What a joke episode 10 was. It took a great mostly believable show and turned it into sci-fi dungeons and dragons episode in 1 week. :thumbsdown: I don't even care when season 2 is.

Completely disagree. Can't wait for season 2. Drogo may be gone, but She's got herself a new army. Snow at the wall with an even bigger threat approaching and the war of the colonies as it were.

Completely disagree. Can't wait for season 2. Drogo may be gone, but She's got herself a new army. Snow at the wall with an even bigger threat approaching and the war of the colonies as it were.

An army of dragon babies? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

An army of dragon babies? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The story isn't happening day by day. Some episodes have skipped several months. By the time things are warming up in Kings Landings, she'll be ready to fly in on her new birds. Perhaps even convince the Darthrakis to join in.

The story isn't happening day by day. Some episodes have skipped several months. By the time things are warming up in Kings Landings, she'll be ready to fly in on her new birds. Perhaps even convince the Darthrakis to join in.

You're missing my point.

Dragon's aren't real, I don't care how old they are. She gave birth to them as well? :rolleyes:

They should put this show on the scifi channel now. :thumbsdown:

You're missing my point.

Dragon's aren't real, I don't care how old they are. She gave birth to them as well? :rolleyes:

white walkers aren't either. It's a fantasy show. and she didn't give birth to them, she took the 3 dragon eggs with her into the fire. They hatched.

The very first scene of the very first episode had zombies. :dunno:

The very first scene of the very first episode had zombies. :dunno:

Zombies, white walkers, others.. still were once people.

You're missing my point.

sorry dude.

you got no right to complain about sci fi when one of the large story lines is about white walkers, dead coming back to life as zombies.

perhaps you dont like the dragon angle, im not a huge fan of it, but if realism is what you wanted you should have stopped after episode 1.

Dany and Viserys have been saying all throughout the season they are the blood of the dragon. And you didn't think there was going to be dragons? Shame on you!

Dany and Viserys have been saying all throughout the season they are the blood of the dragon. And you didn't think there was going to be dragons? Shame on you!

Yes I heard of all the dragon mumbo jumbo and saw the eggs. I never thought for a second, they were going to be actual drsgons that came from the eggs. I thought it was more of a prop, I didn't think they would hatch dragons! The witch lady even said she gave birth to a baby that looked like a dragon... really?

it was inevitable - they've been setting up a large scale "sci-fi" face-off this whole time:

Dragons have been gone for thousands of years, they're from the south.

White Walkers have been gone for thousands of years, they're from the north.

Teh South and the North are goin to have a war!

Oooooh! There's a white walker...

... and now you're surprised (or disappointed) that there's a dragon too?

Here's what I'm disappointed about: Spring 2012... serously? a year? WTF?

Great Show. Great Writing. Great Actors. Great Characters.

Can't wait for season 2, so I'll read the books.

With Dany's Reptilian Jesus Christ impersonation, we're now seeing why the Targaryans are/were the rulers. They are truly the elite it just took a while to figure it out because of the bad first impressions her brother Viserys gave us. Compared to all the other "rulers" - Dany seems to be the best - even better than Ned Stark b/c she has that whole supernatural/JesusChrist thing going for her.

And naturally, what's beyond the wall if far worse than all the minutia of the Realm - the Starks, The Lannisters, The Boratheons, The Eyrie - all will be crushed by what's beyond the wall if some wonderful Dragon Lady doesn't fly in to straighten them out and save everyone.

it was inevitable - they've been setting up a large scale "sci-fi" face-off this whole time:

Dragons have been gone for thousands of years, they're from the south.

White Walkers have been gone for thousands of years, they're from the north.

Teh South and the North are goin to have a war!

Oooooh! There's a white walker...

... and now you're surprised (or disappointed) that there's a dragon too?

Here's what I'm disappointed about: Spring 2012... serously? a year? WTF?

Great Show. Great Writing. Great Actors. Great Characters.

Can't wait for season 2, so I'll read the books.

With Dany's Reptilian Jesus Christ impersonation, we're now seeing why the Targaryans are/were the rulers. They are truly the elite it just took a while to figure it out because of the bad first impressions her brother Viserys gave us. Compared to all the other "rulers" - Dany seems to be the best - even better than Ned Stark b/c she has that whole supernatural/JesusChrist thing going for her.

And naturally, what's beyond the wall if far worse than all the minutia of the Realm - the Starks, The Lannisters, The Boratheons, The Eyrie - all will be crushed by what's beyond the wall if some wonderful Dragon Lady doesn't fly in to straighten them out and save everyone.

This guy gets it. A Song of ICE and FIRE.

Yes I heard of all the dragon mumbo jumbo and saw the eggs. I never thought for a second, they were going to be actual drsgons that came from the eggs. I thought it was more of a prop, I didn't think they would hatch dragons! The witch lady even said she gave birth to a baby that looked like a dragon... really?

I could be wrong, but I thought what happened to her baby was a result of going into the tent while the witch was doing her dead song. The dead will dance her tonight.

In an earlier episode, Dany puts one egg on the fire and picks it up with no burns. He servant gets severely burned. And then her brother gets crowned by Drogo and Dany says her brother was not a dragon, that fire cannot kill a dragon. It all pointed to this event.