Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Stupid question of the day.

If you were driving at exactly the speed of light, and then flipped on your headlights. What would happen? :unsure:

Anarchy.

Since nothing can go faster than the speed of light, turning your headlights on would kill every living thing in the known universe.

So, for the comfort of others, keep those headlights turned off, and just use your parking lights.

If you were driving at exactly the speed of light, and then flipped on your headlights. What would happen? :unsure:

Your manboobs would be going the speed of light.

it's a paradox and depends on the point of view. is it from a person watching or from the inside. If you are also traveling at such a speed

everything would appear normal except everything outside would be moving at light speed. should we get into a special relativity discussion?

is that how bored this bored is? The light from the headlights should go according to your reference.

I suppose this bored could travel at light speed since it has been quite massless lately

Its impossible to go the speed of light but if you did then supposively time would stop. So, one theory is that nothing could happen. Einstein asked the same question so it probably should not qualify as the stupid question of the day.

it's a paradox and depends on the point of view. is it from a person watching or from the inside. If you are also traveling at such a speed

everything would appear normal except everything outside would be moving at light speed. should we get into a special relativity discussion?

is that how bored this bored is? The light from the headlights should go according to your reference.

I suppose this bored could travel at light speed since it has been quite massless lately

O/U on how many posts before Mensa mind said Einstein was wrong?

Its impossible to go the speed of light but if you did then supposively time would stop. So, one theory is that nothing would happen. Einstein asked the same question so it probably should not qualify as the stupid question of the day.

googily goo

``If I pursue a beam of light with the velocity c (velocity of light in a vacuum), I should observe such a beam of light as a spatially oscillatory electromagnetic field at rest. However, there seems to be no such thing, whether on the basis of experience or according to Maxwell's equations. From the very beginning it appeared to me intuitively clear that, judged from the standpoint of such an observer, everything would have to happen according to the same laws as for an observer who, relative to the earth, was at rest. For how, otherwise, should the first observer know, i.e., be able to determine, that he is in a state of fast uniform motion? One sees that in this paradox the germ of the special relativity theory is already contained. Today everyone knows, of course, that all attempts to clarify this paradox satisfactorily were condemned to failure as long as the axiom of the absolute character of time, viz., of a simultaneous, unrecognizedly was anchored in the unconscious. Clearly to recognize this axiom and its arbitrary character really implies already the solution to the problem.''

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SpeedOfLight/headlights.html

Or before some jackarse tries to make it a liberal/conservative debate?

What would happen if Nikki's headlights were on?

huh huh huh boobies huh huh huh

Since nothing can go faster than the speed of light,

:nono:

that's wha' they said about 56k dial ups.

:nono:

that's wha' they said about 56k dial ups.

there are several ways to break light speed but wif enough qualifiers that the laws remain solid

So, in laymans terms, the headlights would come on to the person driving, but they wouldn't to the dude standing on the sidewalk watching the car go by. :unsure:

So, in laymans terms, the headlights would come on to the person driving, but they wouldn't to the dude standing on the sidewalk watching the car go by. :unsure:

You'd die in a car crash because the brakes aren't meant to handle that speed.

Because you are also travelling at light speed your relative position to the headlights isn't altered so they would appear normal.

To the guy on the sidewalk, the whole car would appear as a big streak of light anyway so i'm not sure it would matter.

To the guy on the sidewalk, the whole car would appear as a big streak of light anyway so i'm not sure it would matter.

Or would he feel the car go by and then see the lights from the headlights a couple seconds later chasing after it? Sorta like you see the jet fly over then hear the roar following it.

Or would he feel the car go by and then see the lights from the headlights like a couple seconds later? Sorta like you see the jet fly over then hear the roar following it.

:doh:

no NO no NO no.

After the light-streak goes by, he'd HEAR your car go by and proclaim, "man that KSBs got one tricked out Civic!"

Yes. And the light from your headlights would be traveling through time, into the future. Since the light is traveling so fast that you can't see it, it gets "there" before anyone can perceive it.

Weed helps.

What would happen if Nikki's headlights were on?

huh huh huh boobies huh huh huh

Nikki's headlights are one every time she reads one of my posts.:wub:

At 5 bucks a gallon I'm not driving anywhere THAT fast.

What about traveling twice the speed of light, easy to get burned?