• Cam Newton
    • Jake Locker
    • Blaine Gabbert
    • Christian Ponder
    • Andy Dalton
    • Ryan Mallett
    • Colin Kaepernick
    • Other

Mallett, and that's without even knowing where he'll go. Dan Marino dropped behind 5-6 other QB because of drug rumors. Try to name the other guys without looking it up.

Newton won't be in the league in 5 years.

Locker is a better outfielder or RB than QB.

Ponder was a ridiculous reach by a team that specializes in those.

Kaepernick interests me. He may be the second most successful.

Gabbert I guess could go either way, but I'm not sold.

Dalton will have some success, but I see a career backup.

Dalton - something about this guy

Mallett - will be Leaf-esque or Marino-esque

Locker - needs to learn to avoid the hits and stay healthy

Gabbert - boom or bust

Newton - won't be able to learn a playbook or call plays but will win some games on athleticism and winging it

Ponder

He'll have a year or two to play behind McNabb then be ready to go

Dalton will have some success, but I see a career backup.

That just changed with him going to the Bengals. For a rookie QB, you couldn't ask for a better chance. No competition on a team with most of the pieces in place.

That just changed with him going to the Bengals. For a rookie QB, you couldn't ask for a better chance. No competition on a team with most of the pieces in place.

I assume TO and Ocho are gone, so who besides Green they got?

Jerome Simpson looked good at the end of last season.

I voted for Locker, at least in the short term. Jake Locker works best running bootleg, and Chris Johnson is the perfect compliment.

Kaepernick. Because I have these sweet rose colored homer glasses. :lock:

Probably Locker...if we're talking immediate results. I like Dalton the most of all the QBs, but the Bengals organization is terrible. They'll fock it up somehow.

Mallett, and that's without even knowing where he'll go.

And now that he's landed in New England, it's all but a lock.

Mallett and its not even close. I think Locker will be close to Pro-Bowl caliber and Cam Newton will be at least Vince Young level.

The other guys will bust.

Mallett - will be Leaf-esque or Marino-esque

Leaf

I see two of these QB's being very successful. The two that were drafted early 2nd round.

Dalton

Kaepernick

Koepernick could be pretty good, but is so raw right now its hard to tell. Could go either way but his risk was well worth a 2nd round investment.

Also, Mallett better be a bust or I'll never, ever, EVER forgive Seattle for passing on him twice, I dont care how slow of a honky he is.

It is hard to believe that I cast the only vote so far for Cam Newton. I've studied him a LOT, and I readily admit that he's a boom-bust prospect. I'll take the boom side, as his upside is waaaay to high to ignore.

Upon close inspection, I've finally convinced myself that I just don't see either a Vince Young or a JaMarcus Russell in him.

It is hard to believe that I cast the only vote so far for Cam Newton. I've studied him a LOT, and I readily admit that he's a boom-bust prospect. I'll take the boom side, as his upside is waaaay to high to ignore.

Upon close inspection, I've finally convinced myself that I just don't see either a Vince Young or a JaMarcus Russell in him.

I didn't mean VY as an insult, just his floor. At his worst Newton will be as good as Young. He's easily smarter, as good of an athlete and a better passer at this stage of his career. No way he busts out like that slug Russell.

I think if he can sit for a year and really focus on learning the postion and all it's nuances his chances of becoming a successful NFL QB will greatly increase. Some may think he won't learn watching Clausen but I say the opposite. If anything he may learn what NOT to do in situations as a starter so in that aspect Clausen would be helpful. If the Panthers don't supply Newton with weapons to be successful then it's hard to expect him to excel. Especially if he has to do it all himself which will significantly stunt his growth as a QB. He'll have some semblance of a running game with Stewart but the Panther receiving corps needs help. Smith could very well be gone. I like Gettis to improve but not sure about LaFell.

Mallett, and that's without even knowing where he'll go. Dan Marino dropped behind 5-6 other QB because of drug rumors. Try to name the other guys without looking it up.

Ken Obrien, Jim Kelly, Tony Eason?, Kosar?, and Elway

Mallett, and that's without even knowing where he'll go. Dan Marino dropped behind 5-6 other QB because of drug rumors. Try to name the other guys without looking it up

That's pretty easy, actually

Ponder.

His game fits Minnesota, and the Vikings will have one of the better supporting casts to help him succeed early on and mature in a somewhat successful environment ala Big Ben.

Peterson, Harvin, Rice/Berrian(if resigned), Shiancoe and Rudolph are a solid collection of weapons, and if the O-line can protect him, Ponder will have a chance to be pretty solid.

Locker has the next best chance with CJ2k and Britt.

Guys like Dalton and Newton are going to have an adjustment period.

Jermaine Gresham, Jordan Shipley, Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell and AJ Green will be the ones that dress every Sunday.

Jermaine Gresham, Jordan Shipley, Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell and AJ Green will be the ones that dress every Sunday.

The great thing about these receivers, is that they all run after the catch. The problem the bengals have had for the last few years is that they complete the pass and the receiver just falls down.

I may be overly optimistic here, but I think that Dalton is exactly what the Bengals need right now. Palmer was Kosar-esque in his pocket movement last year. Since the pass protection will, at best, be similar to last year, a more mobile QB with quick accurate throws is exactly what they need.

Fantasy wise, I don't rally see any of the Bengals receivers going crazy. You're talking 5 different guys that could have a huge game any one week.