Sign in to follow this  
BLS

For those of you looking into Silver...but were afraid of the price

Silver took a 20% hit since Sunday. 1oz of Silver was going for just short of $50, and today it's $39.xx

It may continue to drop for a day or two....speculators are suggesting around $37.50 will be the bottom.

If you wanted to get into Silver (physical) I would suggest you liquidate some cash NOW and be ready to pounce when the market looks like it's ready to start the climb again...which could be at any time.

Terry Silver: Out in front of a thousand people. Anything else my friend you want me to do to him?

John Kreese: [looks at his hands] Yes. Make his knuckles bleed.

Terry Silver: [shocked/amazed] Hey! Johnny! I like that! I like that, my friend! I'm going to use that!

Mercy is for the weak.....

People are moving back into oil, natural gas as well as iron etc....Gazprmo appears to be surging, then you have Monsanto, as well as a host of others in their general market, making strides and have a look at Deere too, they have a market cap of 38.57are trading at 18.40 P/E multiple and they just produced a dividend of $1.40 with an ROE of 37.03% over the last year. :thumbsup:

I pulled the trigger on a few shares :wave:

Silver took a 20% hit since Sunday. 1oz of Silver was going for just short of $50, and today it's $39.xx

It may continue to drop for a day or two....speculators are suggesting around $37.50 will be the bottom.

If you wanted to get into Silver (physical) I would suggest you liquidate some cash NOW and be ready to pounce when the market looks like it's ready to start the climb again...which could be at any time.

Where is a reputable place to buy? And what do you do with it once you buy it?

I bought five of these fockers a couple year ago. They are currently sitting in the safe in my house. Like Penstraw inquired, i have a feeling that getting rid of them at some later date may be a pain in the azz. I have an even greater feeling that they will be part of my kids inheritance. :lol:

http://www.apmex.com/Product/42861/100_oz_New_Ohio_Precious_Metals_Silver_Bar_999_Fine.aspx

I bought five of these fockers a couple year ago. They are currently sitting in the safe in my house. Like Penstraw inquired, i have a feeling that getting rid of them at some later date may be a pain in the azz. I have an even greater feeling that they will be part of my kids inheritance. :lol:

http://www.apmex.com/Product/42861/100_oz_New_Ohio_Precious_Metals_Silver_Bar_999_Fine.aspx

I figured out one way to get rid of it, kinda: SFW, Papa Smurf

Where is a reputable place to buy? And what do you do with it once you buy it?

Hopefully, you can sell the same place you bought. In Phoenix, I have a gold and silver dealer I buy and sell from. There should be dealers like that in most cities.

I've got my gold coins & silver bars in safe boxes.

Nothing? really?......terry silver reference? Karate kid?......nothing.....ok :dunno:

The price is better now then when you posted this earlier today :dunno:

Dad cashed out a little over a week ago on about $6400 worth of silver dollars (in weight, not 6400 silver dollars). He kept all the ones that were worth more per coin than silver was per ounce and sold the rest. Has several dozen that are worth a few hundred apiece.

Also kept all the gold he has, as well as the other coins. I find that stuff kinda fascinating, and I'm hoping he leaves it all to me.

bump for hilarity

I think Silver has experienced an inflated run-up vs. Gold because it's priced lower than Gold. As such, it will be more volatile. I think Silver's bottom is about $31-32/oz, and then it will continue to run upward (probably faster than Gold again), and then correct more aggressively.

Now that the price is in free fall, buy buy buy! Seems like a foolproof path to teh riches!

:D

Now that the price is in free fall, buy buy buy! Seems like a foolproof path to teh riches!

:D

Do you know anything about this investment? Are you invested in silver or any precious metals?

Middawg on Silver freefall....

I haven't seen a beatin' like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose...

Do you know anything about this investment?

Probably not as much as you, dreamboat :wub:

Are you invested in silver or any precious metals?

I'm still carrying some gold. My commodities "guru" (or so he thinks) buddy keeps trying to get me to dump it but I'm hanging on for now like a comfy blanket.

I dumped all my shares in SLV (about 1.5% of my portfolio) on Tuesday (over loud objections).

:banana:

Probably not as much as you, dreamboat :wub:

You seemed like you were laughing at those who invest in precious metals. That's why I was asking. It has been a great investment for me. I've had gold since $150/oz, though, so precious metals has represented the portion of my portfolio which has done the best.

I'm still carrying some gold. My commodities "guru" (or so he thinks) buddy keeps trying to get me to dump it but I'm hanging on for now like a comfy blanket.

Depends upon your purpose for it. If it is strictly an investment vehicle, my gut tells me that gold will correct to about $1200/oz. If it is as a portfolio hedge, you have to carry it - unless you're dumping other assets equally.

I dumped all my shares in SLV (about 1.5% of my portfolio) on Tuesday (over loud objections).

I think you dumped SLV at near the bottom of SLV - so I wouldn't have done that. IMO, it will recover @ around $31/oz.

Dumped my slv at the start of this freefall and reinvested in a silver short fund. Zsl

I'll flip flop again when slv picks up.

Too bad I didn't sell in our fftoday stock game. I completely forgot and took a bath on it.

Too bad I didn't sell in our fftoday stock game. I completely forgot and took a bath on it.

Not as bad as BLS did :overhead:

Not as bad as BLS did :overhead:

just glad it wasnt real life, :lol:

unfortunately, i didn't cash out my real life shares of SLV at 47ish but i still made a nice profit.

hopefully i can rake on ZSL. ill sell when i see SLV climb .75 or so in a day which should signal another sustianed climb

creepin' on a come up

:ninja:

I just bought another 36,000 shares of SLV.

:ninja:

I just bought another 36,000 shares of SLV.

Me too! Shorting the hell out of it

ETA: of course it's up $1.50 today :unsure: