Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Round 11 - Discussion

Kevin Kolb - with very few backup QB's remaining in good situations, i did contemplate another but bye weeks kept me from selecting him. Kolb shares a bye week with Eli Manning but thats only if you beleieve he stays in Philly which I am obviously not banking on. Hopefuly he goes to Arizona like everyone thinks.... I'm a gambler :bandana:

Kevin Kolb - with very few backup QB's remaining in good situations, i did contemplate another but bye weeks kept me from selecting him. Kolb shares a bye week with Eli Manning but thats only if you beleieve he stays in Philly which I am obviously not banking on. Hopefuly he goes to Arizona like everyone thinks.... I'm a gambler :bandana:

Why is the selection thread locked?

Can anybody contact Dan to make his pick?

Why is the selection thread locked?

dont look at me, i dont have that type of authority.

10.11-Robert Meachem

Considered him with my last pick (Julio Jones). Brees spreads the ball around too much, and there are too many targets, to take a chance on Colston. Meachem works as a 4th WR.

11.02-Rob Gronkowski

Finished as a top 5 TE in non PPRs. I wouldn't expect 10 TDs out of him again, but he's a VERY good late round TE target. Especially in the No Hassle format.

I would have picked last night if I had seen Matt around. But I wasn't able to get to the computer until almost 10:00, and I was beat. Yesterday was flat out after I made my pick early in the morning. I didn't send picks, because traditionally the weekend has been more relaxed with this Mock.

Still, we accomplished a round and a half or so. Nice job. We'll finish this by Wednesday at this rate.

Just a general comment:

We should safely finish this week (so no more weekends) but for future reference I have no problem with drafters taking the weekend off or delays in general over the weekend. I don't think anyone should be contacted to let them know they're otc or on deck or whatever. It's the weekend! If someone wants to send a list or post that they'll be off the grid for Sat/Sun, great, if not no big deal we'll catch up on Monday. I love a all-hands-on-deck, fast draft as much as anyone but no one should feel they're holding up the draft over the weekend if they're not around.

:thumbsup:

11.06 - TE Kellen Winslow, TBB

Not flashy but consistent. TB is a young up and coming offense (did I just type that about the Yuckaneers :shocking: ) and KWIII is IMO the anchor. He's only 27 but is the vet compared to Freeman, Blount, Williams and is still very much involved in the offense. Overall his numbers dipped a little last season but he still finished 11th. With Blount and Williams developing some may see less touches for KW but he has a history of bouncing back after a drop in production (every other season). Also if you look at the 2nd half of last season, when Blount and the running game were getting the attention, KW's numbers went up catching all 5 of his TDs. In the first 9 games, 0TDs, 51 targets, 3.75pts average. After that 5TDs, 47 targets, 8.66 average; only Gates, Witten and Clark had better averages than that last season. I expect the 2nd half of 2010 to be more indicative of how KW will be involved in the TBB offense this year. Great value in the 11th.

11.06 - TE Kellen Winslow, TBB

Not flashy but consistent. TB is a young up and coming offense (did I just type that about the Yuckaneers :shocking: ) and KWIII is IMO the anchor. He's only 27 but is the vet compared to Freeman, Blount, Williams and is still very much involved in the offense. Overall his numbers dipped a little last season but he still finished 11th. With Blount and Williams developing some may see less touches for KW but he has a history of bouncing back after a drop in production (every other season). Also if you look at the 2nd half of last season, when Blount and the running game were getting the attention, KW's numbers went up catching all 5 of his TDs. In the first 9 games, 0TDs, 51 targets, 3.75pts average. After that 5TDs, 47 targets, 8.66 average; only Gates, Witten and Clark had better averages than that last season. I expect the 2nd half of 2010 to be more indicative of how KW will be involved in the TBB offense this year. Great value in the 11th.

Really thought you were gonna go two TE's on the turn. The TO pick was followed by the guy I thought you would take, then I just knew Cooley was tumbling your way.

Really thought you were gonna go two TE's on the turn. The TO pick was followed by the guy I thought you would take, then I just knew Cooley was tumbling your way.

That was my original plan (TE/TE). And I do like Petti but he really fell off in the 2nd half of last season (relative to his start). He obviously has the talent so we'll see how he does this season. As for changing to WR/Owens in the 10th I just see ALOT of TE talent late in this draft. I originally was going to take Lewis instead of Owens but given the pool of TEs to choose from I decided to wait until the 11th to get my starter. Figured I could get Lewis, Winslow, Petti, Cooley or Gronk (in that order). Worked out.

I would think you would have gone after an actual starter over Kolb though. Unless he is traded I don't believe he has many touches. :dunno:

I only see a couple sure starters left.1 has the same bye as Eli.

Like I said, I made this pick banking on kolb being traded. If he doesn't, I have a durable starter already and hey, Vick is always just a good hit away....

I only see a couple sure starters left.1 has the same bye as Eli.

Like I said, I made this pick banking on kolb being traded. If he doesn't, I have a durable starter already and hey, Vick is always just a good hit away....

You evil...evil person.... :D

I realize we have made good progress, but we have waited 2 1/2 hours for this pick and need to consider making it for him.

Without objection..... :thumbsup:

I realize we have made good progress, but we have waited 2 1/2 hours for this pick and need to consider making it for him.

Just a thought. Instead of selecting for people, do we simply skip them and move on to the next person to select? Either way, we should tell folks what the plan is.

Here, Here!

ICEMAN

I was sweating that pick out. I wanted Fitzpatrick as my #2 Qb since I decided to grab Rodgers in the 2nd round. I was hoping to get him in the 13th round, but atleast I got him. When WhiteWonder took Kolb, I started to get worried. Then he kept mentioning that the only other QB left matched Eli's bye week. (over, and over, and over again) I didn't agree with the statement but felt that Fitzpatrick was the best remaining #2 canidate. Sanchez was there and I felt someone would grab him, but the Orton pick suprised me some. Not that he doesn't deserve the job, I just don't know if he has a shot at keeping his job. Matts sent me a 2 player list in Sunday that was 1.)Vereen 2.) Fitzpatrick. I happily took Vereen for him. There are still two pretty good canidates out there, one of which I would have gladly taken if Fitzpatrick was gone.

I was sweating that pick out. I wanted Fitzpatrick as my #2 Qb since I decided to grab Rodgers in the 2nd round. I was hoping to get him in the 13th round, but atleast I got him. When WhiteWonder took Kolb, I started to get worried. Then he kept mentioning that the only other QB left matched Eli's bye week. (over, and over, and over again) I didn't agree with the statement but felt that Fitzpatrick was the best remaining #2 canidate. Sanchez was there and I felt someone would grab him, but the Orton pick suprised me some. Not that he doesn't deserve the job, I just don't know if he has a shot at keeping his job. Matts sent me a 2 player list in Sunday that was 1.)Vereen 2.) Fitzpatrick. I happily took Vereen for him. There are still two pretty good canidates out there, one of which I would have gladly taken if Fitzpatrick was gone.

i didnt mean that Fitz was the ONLY one left, just that he was the best left and I wanted to take him once Tebow was gone but a quick look at bye weeks nixed that plan.

in the no hassle format, i think bye weeks are extremely important. Unlike a head to head league where you can throw away one week and still make the playoffs and win the title, I think its tough to punt a position for a week in a season long, total points race. Especially the QB position.

Mark Sanchez was the other guy I thought about when I took Kolb. I like his ability to rush for 3 scores. He was the safe pick but I went with the high risk/ high reward pick in Kolb.

I think Sanchez and Fitz were both great picks here. There is maybe 1 more QB i would feel comfortable with. The rest are in shaky situations

i didnt mean that Fitz was the ONLY one left, just that he was the best left and I wanted to take him once Tebow was gone but a quick look at bye weeks nixed that plan.

in the no hassle format, i think bye weeks are extremely important. Unlike a head to head league where you can throw away one week and still make the playoffs and win the title, I think its tough to punt a position for a week in a season long, total points race. Especially the QB position.

Mark Sanchez was the other guy I thought about when I took Kolb. I like his ability to rush for 3 scores. He was the safe pick but I went with the high risk/ high reward pick in Kolb.

I think Sanchez and Fitz were both great picks here. There is maybe 1 more QB i would feel comfortable with. The rest are in shaky situations

Fitz didn't find the endzone last year but rushed for 269 yards. He rushed for 304 in 2008 for the bengals. He is very mobile.

My prediction for Clash's pick...

{deleted the spoiler since I was wrong, and that player obviously hasn't been taken yet}

My prediction for Clash's pick...

{deleted the spoiler since I was wrong, and that player obviously hasn't been taken yet}

[/quote

haha initials?

Packers are a good d for this format still about 4 rounds too soon tho

Fitzpatrick was my preference here, but he got snabed! Then Sanchez....well, he got taken too.

So, next on my list was Garrad. He does give me the Garrad-Thomas connection just as I have with Ryan-White, so I'll take it. Garrad should start the first 1/2 of the games IMO, after that, I'll have to go the the WW to find a backup. But then, I won't need one since Ryan has been so healthy (there, I just jinxed him!).

Packers are a good d for this format still about 4 rounds too soon tho

I always do it that way.....most of the participants ride me about it every year. I have a method...... :bandana:

I always do it that way.....most of the participants ride me about it every year. I have a method...... :bandana:

I congratulate you on your patience this season!!! :cheers:

I congratulate you on your patience this season!!! :cheers:

This.

Fitzpatrick was my preference here, but he got snabed! Then Sanchez....well, he got taken too.

So, next on my list was Garrad. He does give me the Garrad-Thomas connection just as I have with Ryan-White, so I'll take it. Garrad should start the first 1/2 of the games IMO, after that, I'll have to go the the WW to find a backup. But then, I won't need one since Ryan has been so healthy (there, I just jinxed him!).

no WW in the no hassle league

well, there is one WW.... me B)

This.

Both of you can hug my nuts..... :D