Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

World Champion Green Bay Packers Thread

Hey, gang! Football is on! :pointstosky:

This is your chance to talk about the World Champion Green Bay Packers! :music_guitarred:

Who's leaving? Jenkins? J. Jones? B. Jackson? Barnett?

Who will be the man at running back -- Grant or Starks?

What kind of year will Jermichael Finley have? 1300/13 TDs?

The Packers will repeat this year... but will it be easy or hard?

So much to talk about.... so little time

Wasn't there a thread last year about people calling Ted Thompson dumb or something?

I wonder if those people have eaten their humble pie.

Wasn't there a thread last year about people calling Ted Thompson dumb or something?

I wonder if those people have eaten their humble pie.

Nah...sweetness just ran and hid...and swampy was neutered by the experience.

Only problem with the latter is that the Lions look to be improving so his head is about to explode.

On to the Packers.

Id say the group he mentioned are all leaving. I wish we could keep a few of them...just don't see it happening.

One other not mentioned that has taken a lot of flack is Daryn Colledge. And I think they should resign him...but probably won't.

While he has not been great, he had a very good year last year and is solid in pass protection. Now that they have him just playing guard and not moving around at all, he has come on a bit better. And the guy is always there. He has missed very little time...shows up does his job. Its not flashy...but effective enough especially in protecting #12. Relying on Lang to finally step up frightens me a bit when they might be giving up on a guy who shouldn't cost all that much.

Grant + Starks...I see RBBC all the way here with Grant taking the majority of the touches to start the year and giving way to Starks later. Grant gone next year as he will be an FA and about to be 30.

and swampy was neutered by the experience.

Couldn't stop laughing over this one.... :first:

Part of me thinks Finley will be a 5th or 6th round steal. The other part thinks he's massively overvalued at his ADP. :dunno:

I will be targetting Nelson and Starks late though. :thumbsup:

well, the only debate in the norris this year should be who will finish second. i'll give you that much.

Part of me thinks Finley will be a 5th or 6th round steal. The other part thinks he's massively overvalued at his ADP. :dunno:

Curious about the other part that thinks he's massively overvalued.... The knee is sound and he's in a contract year.

Looks like he's going about fifth among TEs so far...

There's no way that they can consistently double team him with the Packer offense putting up big numbers... Rodgers is entering his prime... James Jones will probably be gone.... more catches for Finley... Driver is getting older...

I don't know what the downside is.... he's a unique talent in a great system with a great quarterback trying to punch his meal ticket in a contract year

I would take him if I was you.... unless your drafting with a bunch of Packer homers :lol:

Maybe you're right about Finley, but he has yet to put together a full great season and his ADP on fantasy calculator is 5.1 - 3rd TE ahead of Witten and Davis.

In the fifth there's no way I'm taking him over a proven commodity like Davis. I'd sooner wait til the 8th or later for Jimmy Graham, Zach Miller or Mercedes Lewis.

Finley might be excellent this year but he's riskier than other elite options and a lot more expensive than some pretty good TEs.

Is James Jones starting material? (not in Green Bay obviously)

I think he is...Rodgers was talking very highly of him today on the radio...advocating for them to resign him and saying his best football is still ahead of him.

I think he is...Rodgers was talking very highly of him today on the radio...advocating for them to resign him and saying his best football is still ahead of him.

I saw the story on PFT. Rodgers lobbying hard to keep Jones, called him top priority. Maybe they will try to resign him and maybe he can be more than what he's been. It would surprise me but I'm surprised all the time so nothing new there.

this isn't a surprise...keeping jones would be a surprise.

It seems like the market for Jones hasn't been as hot as many may have assumed. Though he's surely received calls, there haven't been any specific teams leaked to the public regarding interest in Jones. You have to figure Ted Thompson will have interest in of one of his own guys at the right price.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/782452-nfl-free-agency-will-james-jones-ultimately-return-to-green-bay

Well I was a little interested in Seattle signing Jones. He would have been cheaper and healthier then Rice if a little more unproven. I think they are the same age too. Looks like that ship has sailed though.

Hard to imagine nobody else being interested, I would have preferred him over Breaston despite the Haley connection. Works out for the Packers.

Well I was a little interested in Seattle signing Jones. He would have been cheaper and healthier then Rice if a little more unproven. I think they are the same age too. Looks like that ship has sailed though.

Hard to imagine nobody else being interested, I would have preferred him over Breaston despite the Haley connection. Works out for the Packers.

Vikes have been pursuing Jones...but does not seem like he has the market he thought.

Seems the FA market is also flooded a bit with WRs right now.

Vikes have been pursuing Jones...

Boo.... Can't these jokers ever draft their own players???? :thumbsdown:

well, the only debate in the norris this year should be who will finish second. i'll give you that much.

We'll see how things play out but I think this is your year. Right now I see the Liedowns sneaking by Chicago for 2nd. The Bears have been :sleep: so far in free agency. Some one should send them a memo that football is back on.

It seems like the market for Jones hasn't been as hot as many may have assumed. Though he's surely received calls, there haven't been any specific teams leaked to the public regarding interest in Jones. You have to figure Ted Thompson will have interest in of one of his own guys at the right price.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/782452-nfl-free-agency-will-james-jones-ultimately-return-to-green-bay

the scuttlebutt i heard this offseason--and i'm being sincere, though i realize you may know more about it than i do--is that green bay was unhappy with his drops and didn't plan on bringing him back (?)

We'll see how things play out but I think this is your year. Right now I see the Liedowns sneaking by Chicago for 2nd. The Bears have been :sleep: so far in free agency. Some one should send them a memo that football is back on.

both walter AND don predicting the lions to finish better than i'm predicting the lions to finish :shocking:

oh gabriel blow your horn...

the scuttlebutt i heard this offseason--and i'm being sincere, though i realize you may know more about it than i do--is that green bay was unhappy with his drops and didn't plan on bringing him back (?)

Not sure the organization had as much trouble with that as the fans did.

I think both Driver and Jennings dropped more balls this past year. Jones' were just some big ones at big times.

IMO, Ted always has a number he thinks a player is worth and most of the time refuses to budge. He made the offer to Jones...Jones decided to test the market.

I believe dropping a wide open, easy touchdown pass in the SUPER BOWL probably put a big dent into his trade value for this year.

Not sure the organization had as much trouble with that as the fans did.

I think both Driver and Jennings dropped more balls this past year. Jones' were just some big ones at big times.

IMO, Ted always has a number he thinks a player is worth and most of the time refuses to budge. He made the offer to Jones...Jones decided to test the market.

Comparing the number of drops is meaningless, you have to compare percentage of passes dropped.

Any value at wideout for Green Bay outside of Jennings? I keep seeing Jordy Nelson around the 9-10 round and I'm thinking he might be a great later round flyer.

Any value at wideout for Green Bay outside of Jennings? I keep seeing Jordy Nelson around the 9-10 round and I'm thinking he might be a great later round flyer.

Man.. They spread the ball out a lot. You can get value for Jones or Nelson, but only if you get them late. They will produce nicely some weeks and just be average the other days. They are WR3 or 4s. Rodgers only targets worth a high round pick are Jennings and Finley.

I don't think he's any better late than Jones is. Rodgers lobbied hard to keep Jones and they signed him.

Good grief the Packers have a lot of weapons for now and years to come.

Good grief the Packers have a lot of weapons for now and years to come.

Smart and smarter :banana: :banana: :banana:

Comparing the number of drops is meaningless, you have to compare percentage of passes dropped.

For the season, Jones had a lower drop percentage (6.9 percent) than Donald Driver (8.1) and Jordy Nelson (an eye-opening 14.3).

In return yardage leagues...Cobb could be interesting.

BUMP for Donnie and the World Champion Green Bay Packers.

:banana: validation :banana:

And that's the WORLD.... not just the United States

Suck it, Thailand and Uruguay! :lol:

Where is our mailman buddy who crapped on Rodgers and told us that Favre would still be around and Rodgers would be gone?

You know...that seahawks fan that talked more about the Packers than he ever did about Seattle...

pipe down in here, hoffdaddy!

Do you have to comment on everything??? :dunno:

Last year I tempted the football gods and drafted my team's QB as my fantasy QB, somehow it worked and pulled off the unthinkable, won my league and the Packers took the SB. :first: As such I have taken a solemn vow not to complain about the Packers or my FF team for five years. We'll see how long it lasts but this year for sure I know I'll be able to enjoy as PURE FUN.

Winning the SB is real hard, who knows how this season will end, but one thing we can bank on is the Packers are loaded with young stars and great coaches, and they are going to give us some quality football this year. :headbanger:

GO PACKERS! :cheers:

Last year I tempted the football gods and drafted my team's QB as my fantasy QB, somehow it worked and pulled off the unthinkable, won my league and the Packers took the SB. :first: As such I have taken a solemn vow not to complain about the Packers or my FF team for five years. We'll see how long it lasts but this year for sure I know I'll be able to enjoy as PURE FUN.

Winning the SB is real hard, who knows how this season will end, but one thing we can bank on is the Packers are loaded with young stars and great coaches, and they are going to give us some quality football this year. :headbanger:

GO PACKERS! :cheers:

If nothing else...they have the offensive firepower to make it a fun season.