Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Sproles replaces Bush in New Orleans

Link

This a great fit for the Saints who will likely use Sproles in the same manner they used Bush - returning kicks and catching passes out of the backfield. The Saints backfield will be hit or miss for fantasy owners with Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram and Sproles sharing duties.

question is will ingram get atleast 220 to 240 carries.

He's the only guy I think will be fantasy worthwhile, barring injury. This move shouldn't affect his carries at all.

I think ingrams value is tied to the saints offense. If sproles makes the saints better I think this helps him.

Thomas' value is gone barring injury IMO.

Not a good fantasy situation. Ingram might be worth a later round pick but I am sure he will be drafted way too high. Pierre Thomas would be a good flyer though in case Ingram gets injured or falls on his face.

Now I do like Ingram in keeper leagues, but that's a different question entirely.

What about (Ebony And) Ivory ? No love here ?

I'll take him in the late rounds and hope for lightning in a bottle instead of an early pick on some slow rookie

What do you guys think this does to Lance Moore's value? When I 1st heard that Bush was gone, Moore climbed up my list. Moore gets a lot redzone looks when Bush isn't on the field. Now with Sproles in the picture, I think Moore's value dips some. He is pretty cheap in an auction, as it is, and I think is projected around Rd 11-13.

What about (Ebony And) Ivory ? No love here ?

Chris Ivory (Lisfranc surgery) will not be ready to practice for at least a couple weeks.

Ivory's punishing style lends itself to shoulder and head injuries, but this foot issue is perhaps more concerning. Lisfranc injuries can often linger, as seen by his inability to be ready for practice more than six months after surgery. Rookie Mark Ingram is a better bet to fill that early-down role in Sean Payton's situational backfield.

What do you guys think this does to Lance Moore's value? When I 1st heard that Bush was gone, Moore climbed up my list. Moore gets a lot redzone looks when Bush isn't on the field. Now with Sproles in the picture, I think Moore's value dips some. He is pretty cheap in an auction, as it is, and I think is projected around Rd 11-13.

If Moore goes past the ninth round, your league has no idea what it's doing. The Saints first two priorities were to sign Moore and Bushrod (LT). Moore is more than capable of an 80/900/11 season. The addition of Ingram and Sproles are going to open the passing game for Brees and company. Sean Peyton loves the pass. Even with good backs, he can't help himself. I can't wait to see how they use Grahm in the red zone. He's already being compared to Gates. He's the one who will be diminishing the WR value of the other WR's, not the RB's.

I'll take him in the late rounds and hope for lightning in a bottle instead of an early pick on some slow rookie

Haha, good thing you weren't in charge in Dallas when it came to drafting Emmitt Smith. ....Lisfranc by the way.

:rolleyes:

I think Saints RB situation is great for Saints horrible for FF.

Healthy Lance Moore usually means struggling SAints Brees locks in on him. Hurt for a lot of SB run. Can;t wait till 9th round though. New Orleans always tough too many weapons nobody super star except Brees. Ingram could be the exception. I think if he can do it they will ride him a lot.

I think Saints RB situation is great for Saints horrible for FF.

Healthy Lance Moore usually means struggling SAints Brees locks in on him. Hurt for a lot of SB run. Can;t wait till 9th round though. New Orleans always tough too many weapons nobody super star except Brees. Ingram could be the exception. I think if he can do it they will ride him a lot.

My eyebrows now hurt after trying to decipher that. I think I get it though.