Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Philly fans....

Philly signs Nnamdi (DRC, Babin), then Vince Young and sandwiched in between the Phillies get Hunter Pence.

If there is ever a time for a city to win the Super Bowl and the World Series....it's now!

don't forget DRC

I was actually signing back in to post a new thread about the Eagles right now, but figured this one is just as good a place. From an objective perspective, Philly is flat out winning the Free Agency period. If they are able to get Jackson back into camp with a deal pretty quickly then at that point they are just pretty much lapping the field. The haven't lost anybody, traded Kolb for more than he was worth, have the best defensive backfield in the league and could still conceivably trade Rogers-Cromartie or Asante Samuel for even more loot. Their moves this year are just ridiculous. Even the Vince Young move is brilliant, same kind of QB as Vick, so the offense doesn't even have to change...and if anybody can get the most out of Young it's Reid and his staff. It pains me as a Steelers fan to say, but "amazing" is the only word that comes to mind.

:clap:

So far the Eagles are making some really solid moves, it must lead to a Super Bowl win or it will all be for nothing....not trying to be ungrateful but as a die-hard philly fan.. Im tired of just being good we need to win... and shut up the rest of the NFC East

If Vick can stay healthy and out of trouble they should have a great chance. Thinking Green Bay, Philly, New Orleans and Falcons are the competition in NFC.

If DeSean gets in quickly the Eagles should roll from the get go. He is the only negative surrounding the Eagles this off season!

The good is the Eagles have positioned themselves to win it all this year!! The bad is if they don't win, what is the problem! It's either win it all or complete failure!!

Eagles have nicknamed themselves "Dream Team" there ya go, they won't win it now. Doing stupid things like that always come back to bite yourself in the arse. Just ask the Heat.

If DeSean gets in quickly the Eagles should roll from the get go. He is the only negative surrounding the Eagles this off season!

The good is the Eagles have positioned themselves to win it all this year!! The bad is if they don't win, what is the problem! It's either win it all or complete failure!!

Eagles have nicknamed themselves "Dream Team" there ya go, they won't win it now. Doing stupid things like that always come back to bite yourself in the arse. Just ask the Heat.

The Eagles still are unsettled on the OL. Right now I don't know who the center is unless Jamaal Jackson is healthy. The RT spot was a problem last year and Winston Justice is on the PUP. The linebacker spot is also in a state of flux. Other than that and Desean's holdout though they look as well positioned as any team to get to the big dance, barring injury. This was a 10-6 team that held its own against Green Bay despite having an awful pass defense. They've really done just about as well as they could in the off-season.

I don't think the opinion of the backup QB of 2 days really means much. I'd prefer the team to not start crowing until they've won something - leave that chit to the Redskins.

This is about as solid a free agent period as I've ever seen with the Eagles. Our secondary should be the best in the league even if they were to trade away Samuels (which I hope they don't). I am stoked about having Vince Young on the bench if Vick were to go down. They really solidified the QB position with this move. I am still a little worried about Vick/Young's protection but hopefully they will address that too. I expect one or two more moves to sure up the OL and LB positions and of course some resolution with the Jackson situation but, as of now, I am very optimistic about this season.

This is about as solid a free agent period as I've ever seen with the Eagles. Our secondary should be the best in the league even if they were to trade away Samuels (which I hope they don't). I am stoked about having Vince Young on the bench if Vick were to go down. They really solidified the QB position with this move. I am still a little worried about Vick/Young's protection but hopefully they will address that too. I expect one or two more moves to sure up the OL and LB positions and of course some resolution with the Jackson situation but, as of now, I am very optimistic about this season.

Read on a Twitter post the Asante is on the trade block. Not sure of the validity though. Makes sense though, if you have glaring needs on your OLine why not address that rather than have one of the top CB's in the league sitting on your bench?

It's kind of like fantasy football. If you have 4 of the top ten wr's on your roster, you only start three and your QB sucks, trade one of the wr's! Bench players are nice in case of injury, but if all your starters aren't good...who cares about depth!

Once again philly is loaded. We will have to what and see if Reid focks it up again.

Read on a Twitter post the Asante is on the trade block. Not sure of the validity though. Makes sense though, if you have glaring needs on your OLine why not address that rather than have one of the top CB's in the league sitting on your bench?

Are there any teams out there willing to deal a quality LB or lineman for a CB though? What the Eagles really need is a RT and a LB, preferably someone who could play the middle. I don't know many teams with a surplus of quality players at those positions. If they're going to deal Asante they'd almost be better off getting draft picks and clearing cap space to give Desean a new deal.

It's kind of like fantasy football. If you have 4 of the top ten wr's on your roster, you only start three and your QB sucks, trade one of the wr's! Bench players are nice in case of injury, but if all your starters aren't good...who cares about depth!

Very solid point. But, as was stated in an earlier post, the NFL has become much more pass friendly in recent years so 3 solid CB are a huge asset in today's league. However, as MDC said, if the justification of a Samuels trade is to sure up $ to make Jackson happy then I'm cool with that.

As far as draft picks go, what would Philly want for Samuel? At least a second?

Also, really stupid observation, but since I've been seeing Nnamdi's face plastered all over every sports-related website I had to bring it up. Does anybody else think he looks just like Detective Leander Sydnor on The Wire?

Good moves by Philly. I personally think Nnamdi is.... not overrated... but living on reputation the past 2 years. If you look at his stats he actually gives up a pretty high % of plays that come his way. Thing is, not alot of plays come his way.

but as much as i hate philly, i cant spin this negatively. They have done a great job so far.

Within the hour, Plaxico Burress to Philly!!!

(I'm guessing from twitter posts, may as well they signed everyone else)

Rachel Nichols tweet:

Rachel__Nichols

The Eagles are about to sign Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Jim Brown and Rod Tidwell, so they can officially have everybody

As far as draft picks go, what would Philly want for Samuel? At least a second?

I don't think the Eagles could get a 2nd round pick for Asante Samuel. His contract is just too pricey that teams aren't going to be willing to give up a high pick AND pay him that kind of money.

No they haven't. Vince Young made that statement. He's always been a meat head and obviously still is.

No they haven't. Vince Young made that statement. He's always been a meat head and obviously still is.

Ike Reese said it as well..that's at least two. They are "Eagles" so, yes, the Eagles have given themselves the name, maybe only two, but none the less.

Ike Reese said it as well..that's at least two. They are "Eagles" so, yes, the Eagles have given themselves the name, maybe only two, but none the less.

Ike Reese is a member of the media who has criticized Andy Reid and the organization on many occasions. He's not an Eagle any more than he's a Falcon. Nice try though. :thumbsup:

Once again philly is loaded. We will have to what and see if Reid focks it up again.

The Iggs front office has done laps around Clowny Jones this offseason. No question they are the clear favorite for the East, and possibly even more.

watchout for the Eagles this year... If Randy Moss is traded to the Eagles... Vick and the Philly defense could take off this year in fantasy terms.. don't be the one who misses out!!.. if they keep Samuel they make one of the most elite cornerback trio in years, acquire Randy Moss maybe not as fast as he used to be, but still an incredible red zone target (they already have the fastest WR in the league in Desean Jackson).. they could have a real high scoring offense with the amount of turnovers they are going to create on defense, and the amount of points they are going to score on offense... seriously this team is going to be exciting to watch this year either way!

In 2010, they were:

Total Offensive Yards 389 Yards per Game, 2nd in the NFL

Points per Game 27.6 3rd only to the Patriots and Chargers of last year

Turnovers: 8th in the league ,+9 turnover ratio last year, think how much better that could make them this year with their recent additions

While on paper it appears awesome, there are some clear question marks:

1. Rookie DC who's never called a football game. He has most of the pieces in place, can he put them in situations to succeed?

2. Safety. The duties are left to a rookie and second year player coming back from injury. Can they be relied on?

3. Defensive leadership. Who's the coach on the field?

4. Right tackle. Will someone step up and confidently fill that hole. Will the OC and HC offer to protect the RT should the play from that position be shaky?

5. Head coach. Will Reid coach with some common sense or coach with arrogance? He has alot of talent, alot of speed. Will he impose his will against the opposition or coach and take what is being given to him?

As a fan, I am proceeding with cautious optimism.