Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Golfers

Anybody ever try and/or use this? I have heard about it, thought I'd give it a try - literally downloaded the app waiting on the box to go off. Got to say, it's pretty damn cool. The graphics and details are great, the yardage intel dead on. I upgraded to the Champions membership, was only $19.95, but you can use the free membership and it works pretty good too.

Highly recommend for quality and way cheaper than any GPS range finder out there. :thumbsup:

http://golflogix.com/

It's illegal in tournament play on the PGA and other various professional tours. But such devices are legal and allowed in most local tournaments and events, and certainly in our weekend money games.

It's illegal in tournament play on the PGA and other various professional tours. But such devices are legal and allowed in most local tournaments and events, and certainly in our weekend money games.

:thumbsup:

Same with 1 mulli per 9. Not allowed on the PGA Tour, but legal and allowed everywhere else. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Same with 1 mulli per 9. Not allowed on the PGA Tour, but legal and allowed everywhere else. :thumbsup:

No, mullis are for poosays ....

No, mullis are for poosays ....

:thumbsup: Oh yeah, I totally agree if they aren't from the tee box. Taking a mulli on an approach are putt is a total poos move. :thumbsdown:

I own a Skycaddie SG5 It cost about $40 a year but it is more accurate than the ones that give you yardage based off a map. Really like it, it has improved my game by a couple of strokes a round. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Oh yeah, I totally agree if they aren't from the tee box. Taking a mulli on an approach are putt is a total poos move. :thumbsdown:

No, they should never be used ever ...if you actually plan on considering you're score at the end of the round to be accurate.

Breakfast balls, mulligans, fluffing in the rough ...all no nos with my group.

I use nRange Golf GPS for the blackberry.

I don't golf without it.

1st 3 courses is free, anymore after that is 20 for the life of the phone.

I haven't had to pay yet.

No, they should never be used ever ...if you actually plan on considering you're score at the end of the round to be accurate.

Totally agree on breakfast balls.

If the course doesn't have a driving range or you don't have time for a full warmup, then yeah you can have one. But otherwise they are a big no no. :nono:

Lift, Clean, Place = :thumbsup: in your own fairway. I don't like the idea of hitting an approach with a glob of mud on it, or out of a divot some lazy fock didn't fill.

I use the free version. I like it a lot. The course where I keep my handicap apparently uses a competing app because it is not available on Golflogix.

Of all the times you choose to use you're instead of your, you use it in the wrong context :doh:

Totally agree on breakfast balls.

If the course doesn't have a driving range or you don't have time for a full warmup, then yeah you can have one. But otherwise they are a big no no. :nono:

Never called it breakfast balls. But yes, two off the first tee IF you need it. If you hit a 150 yard playable, you don't need it. In the woods, yes you can take it. Gray area on the IF, we try not to take it. Never been an issue.

:music_guitarred:

Your group sounds like a bunch of dooshybags...I'm sure you fit in nicely. :wave:

Of all the times you choose to use you're instead of your, you use it in the wrong context :doh:

I blame my smart phone

My group of guys are all single digit, pretty salty golfers - you come in with an 81, better bring the checkbook. They aren't total sticklers, but damn near. Unless it's Winter and the grass is dead we play it down, no exceptions. We observe all the local rules and basically all of them in the book. About the only one I know we let is slide on is the one ball rule - maybe even the 14 club rule if somebody got a new stick and hasn't hit it yet or something.

Your group sounds like a bunch of dooshybags...I'm sure you fit in nicely. :wave:

You probably go hone and brag to mom and dad about your false milligan filled score card ....Bwwwwaaaaaaahaaaaahhhaaaaaaa

My group of guys are all single digit, pretty salty golfers - you come in with an 81, better bring the checkbook. They aren't total sticklers, but damn near. Unless it's Winter and the grass is dead we play it down, no exceptions. We observe all the local rules and basically all of them in the book. About the only one I know we let is slide on is the one ball rule - maybe even the 14 club rule if somebody got a new stick and hasn't hit it yet or something.

If I am not playing for money, I don't really care too much what someone does. Move it off a rock or root, roll it in the fairway, I don't really care one way or the other.

If we are playing for something, you should follow all of the rules (with the exception of the aforementioned 1 ball rule).

You're one post away from 30,000...Make it a good one. :thumbsup:

You probably go hone and brag to mom and dad about your false milligan filled score card ....Bwwwwaaaaaaahaaaaahhhaaaaaaa

My parents are dead. :(

No wonder you have no pride or shame

You phail on so many levels :thumbsdown:

The proper response is...No wonder you have no place to live. :music_guitarred:

You phail on so many levels :thumbsdown:

The proper response is...No wonder you have no place to live. :music_guitarred:

Can I get a mulligan ?