Sign in to follow this  
ffexpert

Hakeem Nicks vs. VJax

I was killing myself trying to decide who to draft out of these 2. (went Nicks and now having heartburn about it)

who do you think has the better year?

I made a thread that I think the #1 WR in fantasy this year is Nicks.

HAHA. So, I think you got a better player.

I watched the pre-season Jets game, and Eli to Nicks looked awful.

Then I saw the stat line and he caught 5 for 71 in 2 quarters. Nicks has such a high ceiling its scary. If he plays 16 games, watch out.

I have V-Jax on my team, and I wish I had Nicks. Don't get me wrong: I like Jackson and think he's got the potential to be a top 8-10 WR at season's end. However, Nicks seems more like a top 3-5 WR guy.

:dunno:

V-Jax was still on the bored when I took Nicks.

Both are very good #1s... And i could argue for both..

Vjax- better team that will score more. Size and rivers throws him the ball. Spread the ball aroumd alittle more.. Should be playing with the lead so they could run more..

Nicks- giants will be in more shootouts and will have to throw to stay in the game.. 1 man show.

Both are equal imo

I was lucky to get both along with Ray Rice. 10 team snake draked in 4 slot. I think both will have huge years this year.

Either one is a sure fire WR1...but I think I'd go with VJax. If two WR are relatively the same, go with the better QB. Rivers >> Eli

Tough luck guy. You can't win them all.

We will see... I dont follow the herd like a blind sheep. I pick the guy I think will have the best year and that is Mike Wallace! Last year I went with Roddy over what the self proclaimed experts said and it worked out nicely. I expect this year I will be happy with my decision as well! :cheers:

We will see... I dont follow the herd like a blind sheep. I pick the guy I think will have the best year and that is Mike Wallace! Last year I went with Roddy over what the self proclaimed experts said and it worked out nicely. I expect this year I will be happy with my decision as well! :cheers:

I don't follow the herd either, drafted Mike Wallace last year and enjoyed him, but no...no. Wallace isn't in goal line packages whereas Nicks is the guy always, all game, in all situations.

Go check out the this thread top to bottom. Me picking V Jax is definitely not following the herd.

I don't follow the herd either, drafted Mike Wallace last year and enjoyed him, but no...no. Wallace isn't in goal line packages whereas Nicks is the guy always, all game, in all situations.

Like I said we will see. But last I checked Wallace had 10 TDs last year to Nicks 11TDs, so I dont see the goal line packages point?

1. Pitt Schedule WAY easier them NYG

2. Ben > Eli

3. Wallace 20YPC > Nicks 13YPC

4. Wallace hasnt been injury prone

5. Wallace set a 2000yd season goal. (While not likely, I like people that shoot for the stars. They may just hit the moon!)

6. Eli is turnover machine killing many drives

7. Pitt D is turnover machine, resulting in more offensive drives

8. Pretty much everyone thinks Nicks is better (typically the masses are wrong)

Just a few of my reasons off the top of my head. :cheers:

Like I said we will see. But last I checked Wallace had 10 TDs last year to Nicks 11TDs, so I dont see the goal line packages point?

2. Ben > Eli

5. Wallace set a 2000yd season goal. (While not likely, I like people that shoot for the stars. They may just hit the moon!)

good points, except 8 is just dumb.

2. Ben > Eli

1 SD schedule nothing special either.

2 Rivers>Ben>Eli

3 V Jax a 6 year YPC average of 17.5

4 V Jax has not been much of a health risk at all in 6 years.

5 Kiss of Death for Wallace. Worse than the Madden cover. Meanwhile V Jax quiet, going about his business.

6 Rivers TD/INT ratio has been 3 to 1 for years.

7 SD ST's is terrible giving opposing teams great field position so the Offense needs to always go 100%.

8 Everyone thinks Nicks is better than V Jax and Wallace. V Jax vs Wallace is close.

2. Ben > Eli

Nicks missed three games and outscored Wallace, who didn't miss a game. I also think Nicks had more targets in 3 less games.

I watched Wallace all last year since he was on my team. He's more situational than Nicks.

Its not close.

I am about to acquire Nicks and get rid of Calvin Johnson. Im finding it hard to part with Calvin but i have to pull the trigger. The only thing that scares me a little is i absolutely hate Eli and he is freakin awful. But the plus of Eli and his 30+ turnovers a year is they will probably be in catchup mode more often then not. :thumbsup:

I am about to acquire Nicks and get rid of Calvin Johnson. Im finding it hard to part with Calvin but i have to pull the trigger. The only thing that scares me a little is i absolutely hate Eli and he is freakin awful. But the plus of Eli and his 30+ turnovers a year is they will probably be in catchup mode more often then not. :thumbsup:

Why do you HAVE to trade Calvin for Nicks?

Why do you HAVE to trade Calvin for Nicks?

Dont have to trade Calvin but i need another RB. Currently QB-Romo RB1-Rice RB2-BJGE WR1-Calvin WR2-Fitz FLEX-Brandon Jacobs. So i was offered Nicks, Forte, and Orton for Calvin Johnson, Brandon Jacobs and Matt Stafford. Make my RB2 Forte and make Steve Johnson or BJGE my flex. That is why i have to take trade. Only reason i have not clicked ACCEPT yet is man i think Calvin and Stafford are going to have BIG years.

Nicks missed three games and outscored Wallace, who didn't miss a game. I also think Nicks had more targets in 3 less games.

I watched Wallace all last year since he was on my team. He's more situational than Nicks.

Its not close.

Wallace didnt have his starting QB for 4 weeks. Compare the numbers the 2nd half of the year and LMK what you come up with!

I'll save you the trouble. Over the last 8 games:

Wallace had 6, 100 yard receiving games and 6 TD's

Nicks had 1, 100 yard game and 3 TD's

I'll take my chances with Ben for a full year and an easy schedule. :wave:

1 SD schedule nothing special either.

2 Rivers>Ben>Eli

3 V Jax a 6 year YPC average of 17.5

4 V Jax has not been much of a health risk at all in 6 years.

5 Kiss of Death for Wallace. Worse than the Madden cover. Meanwhile V Jax quiet, going about his business.

6 Rivers TD/INT ratio has been 3 to 1 for years.

7 SD ST's is terrible giving opposing teams great field position so the Offense needs to always go 100%.

8 Everyone thinks Nicks is better than V Jax and Wallace. V Jax vs Wallace is close.

I like Vjax and Rivers, but the x-factor here is Gates... I just dont see VJax ever being the #1 WR in FF with gates healthy! He's not even the #1 option on his own team!

Dont have to trade Calvin but i need another RB. Currently QB-Romo RB1-Rice RB2-BJGE WR1-Calvin WR2-Fitz FLEX-Brandon Jacobs. So i was offered Nicks, Forte, and Orton for Calvin Johnson, Brandon Jacobs and Matt Stafford. Make my RB2 Forte and make Steve Johnson or BJGE my flex. That is why i have to take trade. Only reason i have not clicked ACCEPT yet is man i think Calvin and Stafford are going to have BIG years.

Consider if you'll be strengthening YOUR team, or HIS team more. He's competing with you.

Consider if you'll be strengthening YOUR team, or HIS team more. He's competing with you.

It would be helping us both. The reason i reached for Stafford in the 7th after i took Romo in 4th was to make a trade later and there was no one out there i really really wanted.

The upgrade Forte over Jacobs is much greater than Calvin Johnson over Nicks. Or atleast thats what i hope but im still not 100% sure. Or i could keep Stafford and Johnson and if they go off like it looks like they might then i can flip Romo :unsure: Dam you i had already made my mind up to do it.

i would have a hard time turning down that trade in PPR, but with bradshaw's question mark, he'd need to sweeten it just a touch for standard scoring. granted, it's preseason, but stafford looks like a monster breakout candidate right now. OTOH, he doesn't have significantly more upside than romo, so even if he does blow up, he might just be trade bait down the line.

IMO, it all comes down to your scoring format and playstyle. if you want to be aggressive (and rice allows you some latitude to go that route), then it's hard to pass up adding forte. but if your primary concern is covering your bases on the romo/stafford injury potential, then you're not going to go wrong by keeping calvin.

in my PPR league, i'm pretty sure that i'd have already accepted.

i would have a hard time turning down that trade in PPR, but with bradshaw's question mark, he'd need to sweeten it just a touch for standard scoring. granted, it's preseason, but stafford looks like a monster breakout candidate right now. OTOH, he doesn't have significantly more upside than romo, so even if he does blow up, he might just be trade bait down the line.

IMO, it all comes down to your scoring format and playstyle. if you want to be aggressive (and rice allows you some latitude to go that route), then it's hard to pass up adding forte. but if your primary concern is covering your bases on the romo/stafford injury potential, then you're not going to go wrong by keeping calvin.

in my PPR league, i'm pretty sure that i'd have already accepted.

Fantasy has changed alot over the years but historically you need to start 3 RBs in this league to win. Its not a PPR just standard scoring. I could roll the dice and wait for better RB but with BJGE as my #2 that would not make anyone feel good.

I dont like putting my fate into a VaGiants player but i like to win and win $$$ more than i hate the VaGiants. Now in baseball i will not have a Yankee on my team. But in baseball there are 1,000,000 players to pick from.

Nicks vs V Jax id take Nicks. Nicks right now just has Manningham to share looks with. Vjax has Gates and Floyd to share looks with. Last year Rivers thew to Gates and Floyd in endzone a good bit so.....id take Nicks. :thumbsup:

Wallace didnt have his starting QB for 4 weeks. Compare the numbers the 2nd half of the year and LMK what you come up with!

I'll save you the trouble. Over the last 8 games:

Wallace had 6, 100 yard receiving games and 6 TD's

Nicks had 1, 100 yard game and 3 TD's

I'll take my chances with Ben for a full year and an easy schedule. :wave:

Over the last 8 games Nicks played 5 of them. Wallace played 8 of them. That's almost double the games in that stretch. Christ.

Hey, good luck with Wallace. I had him last year.

Said screw it and just went real quick to trade and pushed accept before i could think about it anymore so im now on the Nicks bandwagon :pointstosky: :lock:

Said screw it and just went real quick to trade and pushed accept before i could think about it anymore so im now on the Nicks bandwagon :pointstosky: :lock:

You're Focked! :o

Vincent Jackson is on a better team, with a better QB, and looking to cash in on a huge payday at the end of the year.

Give me VJax.

You're Focked! :o

Im focked either way i went so i said FOCK IT :cheers: My need for RB2 and the fact i love to trade won :ninja:

What a night. Just got home finally from draft day...12 Team Non-PPR Snake out of the #1 I took Ray Rice.

QB's went 1 & 2! Arian Foster dropped to the 2.2. I ended up getting BOTH Nicks & Vjax with 2.12 and 3.1

Week 1 Recap!

Nicks hurt, V Jax invisible, M. Wallace career high in receptions... Hmmmmm!

Yeah, yeah... it's too early to tell, just felt like busting balls a bit! :P

Week 1 Recap!

I have Nicks and Vjax...yaaaay

Week 1 Recap!

Nicks had 11 targets and over 100 yards.

11 targets. He's the only guy in town.

Now, if he can just play 16 games.