Sign in to follow this  
giantwarrior

Jamaal Charles vs. LeSean McCoy

I know Charles is ranked higher on almost every site but I just have this gut feeling that McCoy is going to have a monster year especially in PPR leagues. With the Philly offensive line problems and McCoy being Vick's little safety blanket. Charles is a beast as well but I have visions of Thomas Jones' vulturing goal line TD's from him. If you guys had the choice, who do you go with?

I went with McCoy as well picking 5. I don't like the Chiefs this year. Weiss is gone and I expect that without a easy schedule it will be harder for Charles this season. McCoy looks primed for a big year and more consistent weeks in my opinion.

O picked AJ over McCoy so that should sum it up my thoughts..

& Vick , Ronnie Brown will more then qualify has TD vultures of McCoy.

I think both are going to see their numbers decline a bit from last year...Neither are going to get alot of rushing TDs...Charles will get more yards, Mccoy will get more Recs...You really cant go wrong with either, but id chose Charles

I had the chance of those two being the best available RBs and I took Charles.

people always worry about jones stealing TD's from Charles. Jones got 6 TD's playing 16 games last season. Vick got 9 rushing TD's playing 11 games last season.

Get Charles.

McCoy could get 100 catches this season. I had Charles last year in both my leagues and he was great, but if I am at pick 4 or 5, I am going with PPR stud McCoy. It's hard to have a bad game with him since he will get 4-8 catches a week.

This week took Charles 5th overall in a redraft league (non PPR) and in an auction league (PPR) spent 1/3 my cap on McCoy. High on both these mo-fo's :banana:

I'm on the McCoy over Charles bandwagon now that they're not playing the JV schedule they had last year.

And I'm not as worried about Thomas Jones stealing TDs from Charles as I am the Chiefs just not scoring very many touchdowns. Charles can get 40% of the Chiefs' 25 TDs, and McCoy can get 20% of the Eagles' 50.

I'm on the McCoy over Charles bandwagon now that they're not playing the JV schedule they had last year.

And I'm not as worried about Thomas Jones stealing TDs from Charles as I am the Chiefs just not scoring very many touchdowns. Charles can get 40% of the Chiefs' 25 TDs, and McCoy can get 20% of the Eagles' 50.

You realize that would equal the same amount of TDs for both, 10.

I had the chance of those two being the best available RBs and I took Charles.

Same, PPR for me. It was really a coin toss, and the decision I was hoping not to make. Tiebreaker for me was the better athlete, who IMO is Charles.

You realize that would equal the same amount of TDs for both, 10.

Yeah, my point was that it's a lot easier to get 25% of a teams' touchdowns than 40%

My concern about Mccoy is he has two very big TD vultures in Vick and Brown. Does anyone know off hand how mccoys stats looked last year with and without Vick?

I think one should defer to Charles over McCoy. Charles is the more complete back, and more of a focal point for his team. Now that he has managed to develop from an athlete into a true NFL running back, he can perhaps emerge as a #1 overall RB this year. People salivate over McCoy because they undervalued him last year, and he outperformed his ADP, now he is himself a bubble, and is ADP'ing way above where he belongs.