Sign in to follow this  
snatchem

My Randy Moss prediction

There is a small chance he will sign with the Pats, a larger chance that another team saw the Brady interview, saying he would love to have him back.... and try and grab him. Moss's agent said he was in incredible shape a week before he announced his retirement. What happened was that Moss got his feelings hurt when no one jumped on him at the beginning a the free agency and he said F it. He did his normal slacking after awhile and the Pats cut him...he was so down that he couldnt produce on the other teams. He will having a hard time like Farve or any other great not playing....he can still play at a high level..If he comes back he will be on a mission

what was your prediction?:dunno:

I just thought it was funny how last year there was a CLEAR "dont throw to randy" policy on the pats. So strange how they come up with these internal headgames. The year they were expected to come out running with corey dillon and they threw all over the place going 5 wide first play. Then making a clear choice to run the score up college style on every opponent just to show their dominance. Now they obviously go away from moss to run him out of town.

If moss came back it would be the opposite. His targets would be through the roof and he would be forced to have some huge games. The pats are the strangest/smartest freakin team in the league.

A truly great and dominate player.......at one time.

However, his speed is gone. He is through.

A truly great and dominate player.......at one time.

However, his speed is gone. He is through.

Yea I am sure that is what Revis thinks too after Moss burned him with a one handed catch for 40yds... i am sure that is exactly what he said.. because he apparently is in the "prime" of his career so that would make a lot of sense

You don't lose speed like Randy Moss has in a year...he is still faster than the majority of players in this league.. when it comes to running a Fly route... and still an incredible Redzone target with amazing hands... in other words.. still VERY USEFUL to a team in the playoff hunt...

Brady likes Moss and is doing him a solid. But there's no freakin way he goes to play for NE, or maybe anyone else, unless there is a big injury bug. I personally think the Giants should call him...but it won't happen.

You don't lose speed like Randy Moss has in a year...he is still faster than the majority of players in this league..

No, he is not. I have been a big fan of his for years, and have rode him to several championships. I watched him closely last season. He simply has lost a step....maybe two, and cannot gain separation. A savy veteran who could maybe still be a WR3 with the right club.

He is finished.

Yea I am sure that is what Revis thinks too after Moss burned him with a one handed catch for 40yds... i am sure that is exactly what he said.. because he apparently is in the "prime" of his career so that would make a lot of sense

My guess to what Revis thought on that play was "I guess my hamstring is really hurt" since he had pulled it 3 days before the game. Since Moss went the rest of that game and the next 14 not burning any other DB's I think he was right.:dunno:

I think NE is one of the only few teams that Moss would play for, but with them having Ocho, I don't see it. Owens has a better shot at playing this year.

I think Randy Moss triade in the locker room when the food was catered in, was about the final straw for him.

If he could still dominate, teams may put up with that.

I certainly would not want the baggage he brings for just being an averager WR at this stage of his carrer.

Yes, I said it....and i believe he is pretty much a one trick pony at this point...with diminishing skills.

He played himself off three teams last season. I'll be really surprised if someone picks him up, unless a team loses pretty much their whole WR crew to injury and/or old Russian plane crash. I'm thinking something like how a few years ago when Seattle was down to starting Billy McMullen (go Hoos) and Deon Butler.

He would be a perfect fit for the vertical passing game of the NO Saints.

Come playoff time, with Moss, Charles Woodson with be occupied the entire game and you don't have to worry about him coming around.....

[quote name=stonewall' date='07 September 2011 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1315456383'

post='4552048]

A savy veteran who could maybe still be a WR3 with the right club.

Except that he really isn't that savvy. He has never run routes worth a sh!t and never did the little things most receivers have to do to get open... because he never had to. Now he lost his speed, and has nothing but hops.

I had him stashed during preseason, just to see if someone got hurt, but when the whole preseason went by, and nobody even sniffed, I dropped his ass, and picked up a 2nd D.

He would be a perfect fit for the vertical passing game of the NO Saints.

Come playoff time, with Moss, Charles Woodson with be occupied the entire game and you don't have to worry about him coming around.....

Colston hurt again.

Hmm......

Brady likes Moss and is doing him a solid. But there's no freakin way he goes to play for NE, or maybe anyone else, unless there is a big injury bug. I personally think the Giants should call him...but it won't happen.

this is going to sound insane, but dallas has some serious depth issues at WR. i've never cared for the guy for a variety of reasons, but there's a tiny part of my mind that would be interested to see jerry offer a 1-year, league minimum salary contract to moss as a 3rd WR.

of course, that would probably be a disaster as far as team chemistry goes, but there's just a teensy bit of drool involved when i imagine romo throwing to austin, dez, witten, and moss. that package would terrify even the eagles' secondary.

but i'd rather have an offensive lineman.