Sign in to follow this  
FantasyPros_Andrew

FantasyPros Forum Challenge (help FF Today win)

Hey guys,

FantasyPros is hosting a forum competition (FFToday vs. other forums such as FootballGuys, Fantasy Sharks, etc.), and Mike Krueger gave us the green light to put up a post here. Our goal is to recognize the best fantasy football communities based on the quality of advice its members provide -- we know some of the best minds are from the forums!

In short, we'll be running a 10 question start/sit poll each week that features our "toughest calls" (where there's no consensus from the experts we track). We'll keep a leaderboard each week and the forum with the most accurate picks after 16 weeks will be crowned the winner of the challenge. More details are located here.

Please note that we're using Standard Scoring settings. Also, every member's entry will contribute to the accuracy score.

Here's the link to this week's "who would you start?" questions: Week 2 Challenge. You have until 1 pm EST on Sunday to make your picks. Good luck!

Just a quick update here...we've decided to set the minimum # of votes to gain eligibility at 50. You guys are currently at 21 so please keeping plugging away if you want FF Today in the competition. It'll be fun to compare the results across the forums...I promise. :)

Btw, we've found that the average time it takes to fill out the poll is only 2 mins so it really is a quick process.

I did it. These questions were hard. It was like taking a test. Time to drink after that. :pointstosky:

Hey guys – week 1 results are up on our site! Take a look to see where FF Today ended up and you can also view how the forum voted for each match-up (including the %s): Week 1 Forum Challenge Results

Note that we did make an adjustment to how we tally the results. We’re giving each forum the fantasy points (STD scoring) of the player that the majority of the members voted for (per match-up). We then sum up the points across the match-ups to determine the total scores. You can view an example of this here.

Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll be back either late Wed or early Thurs with week 2’s poll. Thanks!

So we got 7 of 10 right, it looks like. Not bad.

To completely nit-pick, Andrew, maybe you could add an alphabetical sort by name when more than one site is tied. Then visually we would be above Footballguys :)

Geeks - Can we have the first few people who run through this for Week 2 post back the questions so we can get some discussion going and (hopefully) improve our predictions?

Geeks - Can we have the first few people who run through this for Week 2 post back the questions so we can get some discussion going and (hopefully) improve our predictions?

:thumbsup:

So we got 7 of 10 right, it looks like. Not bad.

To completely nit-pick, Andrew, maybe you could add an alphabetical sort by name when more than one site is tied. Then visually we would be above Footballguys :)

Hey Mike:

I got the original invite to play this from Fantasy Pros, and I responded before you guys said anything. My loyalty is here by far - am I allowed to "switch" to FFToday for this week and ongoing? (BTW, not claiming to be any good, but I finished last week with a score of 141.8, 197th of 4,057 and an 80% accuracy rating)

I finished last week with a score of 141.8 and an 80% accuracy rating)

Me too. Did everyone score 141.8? Kinda cool that it would have been good for 3rd among the "expert" predictions.

Week 2

Freeman v. Flacco

Hightower v. Wells

Jordey Nelson v, Maclin

Addai v. Moreno

Julio Jones v. Nate Beurlson

Cutler v. Ryan

law firm v. Dwill

Percy Harvin v Steve Smith (Car)

Tolbert v. Starks

Knox v. Floyd

Tie Breaker WSIS