Sign in to follow this  
ravensfan4life

Starks Value

Any thoughts what this guy's value might be going forward. Just got offered Dwayne Bowe for Starks and Burleson in a 14 team ppr. What is the best case scenario? 1200 and 12 tds? With the worst maybe 700 and 6?

If you're in a 20 team league that starts 5 RBs, Starks might be worth a bench slot for bye week relief.

Do NOT make that trade!

So you start a new thread on Starks when there is one below on him, and you hide a "A Little Help" question in there too? :nono:

If you're in a 20 team league that starts 5 RBs, Starks might be worth a bench slot for bye week relief.

Do NOT make that trade!

Nice job making zero sense haha.

Any thoughts what this guy's value might be going forward. Just got offered Dwayne Bowe for Starks and Burleson in a 14 team ppr. What is the best case scenario? 1200 and 12 tds? With the worst maybe 700 and 6?

Take Bowe and run like the wind before this schmoe wises up.

Take Bowe and run like the wind before this schmoe wises up.

I wish i would get offered trades like this ...

Nice job making zero sense haha.

It's just that I wouldn't take Bowe for a paper clip and a used wad of gum. As worthless as Starks may be, Burleson has more worth than Bowe all by himself.

There are 100 RBs with more fantasy value than Starks? M'kay ...

As an anecdote, before yesterday's game, I traded Bowe/Starks for VJax and was very happy. However, I know that several people thought I made a bad deal.

There are 100 RBs with more fantasy value than Starks? M'kay ...

Last I checked, hyperbole wasn't a crime.

And yeah, sending Bowe and Starks for VJax was a great deal.

Was it hyperbole last night when you mocked Graham owners right before he scored? :doh:

hahahaha...

VJAX never had more than 1,200 recieving yards in a season nor scored over double digit TD for the number 2 fantasy WR last year and a RB that will get 70% of the touches in the best offense in the NFL.

AXE ELF = MORON. :thumbsup:

It's just that I wouldn't take Bowe for a paper clip and a used wad of gum. As worthless as Starks may be, Burleson has more worth than Bowe all by himself.

Are you serious? Burleson more valuable than Bowe? geez. gonna be a long season for you pal. whatever wierd resentment you have for bowe, u should put that aside and play the fantasy game more rationally.

Same thing for 20 years now--scoffed at in September, hailed as a genius in December.

They're not scoffing at your fantasy football knowledge - hth.

Meh I actually agree with you on Bowe. He'll be facing much tougher defenses this year and KC looks to be a mess to me. Starks on the other hand..the talent is undeniable. At the very least, he looked much better than Grant last night.

Though Axe Elf has consistently bashed players I am high on, to his defense:

1) Graham was having a pretty bad game until the last couple no huddle drives, despite NO being behind big all game and needing to pass. His play for most of the game and lack of looks is more telling than the randomness of a late touchdown. And this was without Lance Moore in the lineup, who is a target machine. However, with Colston's potential injury, Graham's value could actually go up after a lackluster game with a fortunate late TD.

2) Starks, even when getting all the carries late last season, had limited upside in an offense weighted heavily towards passing. Through his 4 games in the playoffs last season, he averaged about 80 total yards a game, on 21 touches per game, and had just 1 touchdown in 4 games. The touches were there, but that was without Grant. The TDs were not. And there is always Kuhn and Rodgers who can take away red zone and goal line scoring opportunities.

2) Starks, even when getting all the carries late last season, had limited upside in an offense weighted heavily towards passing. Through his 4 games in the playoffs last season, he averaged about 80 total yards a game, on 21 touches per game, and had just 1 touchdown in 4 games. The touches were there, but that was without Grant. The TDs were not. And there is always Kuhn and Rodgers who can take away red zone and goal line scoring opportunities.

Packers D really came together in the 2nd half of last year and their offense is obviously an elite group.

This team will put away a lot of teams early and i can see them grinding away the clock by the mid 3rd quarter. Rushing attempts will be up substantially this year.

Look at the rest of their schedule:

Sun 9/18 Carolina Panthers at Carolina

Sun 9/25 Chicago Bears at Chicago

Sun 10/2 Denver Broncos Denver

Sun 10/9 Atlanta Falcons at Atlanta <<<<

Sun 10/16 St. Louis Rams St. Louis

Sun 10/23 Minnesota Vikings at Minnesota

Sun 11/6 San Diego Chargers at San Diego <<<<<

Mon 11/14 Minnesota Vikings Minnesota

Sun 11/20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Bay

Thu 11/24 Detroit Lions at Detroit

Sun 12/4 New York Giants at NY Giants

Sun 12/11 Oakland Raiders Oakland

Sun 12/18 Kansas City Chiefs at Kansas City

Sun 12/25 Chicago Bears Chicago

Sun 1/1 Detroit Lions Detroit

I see 2 scheduled games with teams that can hang with them, the rest of the games I can't see how they won't be ahead by at least by 1-2 touchdowns by half.

Though Axe Elf has consistently bashed players I am high on, to his defense:

1) Graham was having a pretty bad game until the last couple no huddle drives, despite NO being behind big all game and needing to pass. His play for most of the game and lack of looks is more telling than the randomness of a late touchdown. And this was without Lance Moore in the lineup, who is a target machine. However, with Colston's potential injury, Graham's value could actually go up after a lackluster game with a fortunate late TD.

re #1: i don't agree with categorically saying he was having a bad game and then got lucky with a td. i'm going from memory but i believe he was targeted in the endzone on another play which i thought he had been interfered with. the announcers said something like "their feet just got tangled up". in the end, he was targeted enough to eventually score that td. i certainly have no reason to believe that last night was a harbinger of a bad season to come for graham.

re #1: i don't agree with categorically saying he was having a bad game and then got lucky with a td. i'm going from memory but i believe he was targeted in the endzone on another play which i thought he had been interfered with. the announcers said something like "their feet just got tangled up". in the end, he was targeted enough to eventually score that td. i certainly have no reason to believe that last night was a harbinger of a bad season to come for graham.

I don't disagree. It doesn't mean he'll have a bad season at all. I actually would have drafted him over Dallas Clark after the Peyton news. I just don't think people should be excited about that game. Overvaluing results in the short term is flawed thinking, and reacting too far one way or the other is wrong. I would just lean a little towards being discouraged by that game, rather than leaning towards jumping up and down in excitement.

If you have Starks as a 4th RB do you keep him and see what he does or try to trade him? What type of running back could you target for him?

Packers D really came together in the 2nd half of last year and their offense is obviously an elite group.

This team will put away a lot of teams early and i can see them grinding away the clock by the mid 3rd quarter. Rushing attempts will be up substantially this year.

I see 2 scheduled games with teams that can hang with them, the rest of the games I can't see how they won't be ahead by at least by 1-2 touchdowns by half.

Some o the divisional teams may surprise the Pack a game or two, but outside of that, the schedule is a very winnable one this year. That is not always a good thing though. You'd like to play some tough teams before facing them in the playoffs.

But Grant is still there and is unlikely to disappear, and Rodgers and Kuhn steal TDs too. I like the fact that he's an RB on a great offense, which provides some consistency, but I just don't like his upside.

But Grant is still there and is unlikely to disappear, and Rodgers and Kuhn steal TDs too. I like the fact that he's an RB on a great offense, which provides some consistency, but I just don't like his upside.

The Giants are a mess right now on defense.

I think the packs will hang 35+ on them.

If you have Starks as a 4th RB do you keep him and see what he does or try to trade him? What type of running back could you target for him?

If he's your 4th option then what you are saying is you already have 3 good options. Maybe you upgrade your WR or QB.

We've seen this type of player time and time again. They are productive for a reason. I personally would hold.

If he's your 4th option then what you are saying is you already have 3 good options. Maybe you upgrade your WR or QB.

We've seen this type of player time and time again. They are productive for a reason. I personally would hold.

I have Rice, Steven Jackson, and Addai along with Starks. You better believe I am holding on to him. At the bare minimum he is a great bye week filler. Best case scenario is he turns into an every week starter. I'd hold unless your team has holes (which it really shouldn't since we all just drafted - unless you drafted Manning).

I have Rice, Steven Jackson, and Addai along with Starks. You better believe I am holding on to him. At the bare minimum he is a great bye week filler. Best case scenario is he turns into an every week starter. I'd hold unless your team has holes (which it really shouldn't since we all just drafted - unless you drafted Manning).

I have McCoy, MJD, Mathews and Starks...I win!

Are you serious? Burleson more valuable than Bowe?

Actual Bowe stats from 2010:

1/13/0

4/45/0

2/33/0

3/16/1

1/3/0

2/53/0

5/68/0

There's half the fantasy season that you got squadoosh from this stud. Yeah, he had 15 TDs on the season, but 7 of them came in three monster games (and 11 of them in five games--leaving 4 TDs for the other eleven weeks). Now ask yourself, is the KC offense more potent, or less potent, this season?

Burleson won't have the monster game or two that Bowe is capable of, but if Stafford stays healthy, I don't think he will lay as many eggs, either.

I think at this point it appears starks is worth more than most of the other "split carries" RB's (except for mathews/tolbert and bradshaw/jacobs). Grant just looks like he doesnt have it. Starks could make for a decent flex play/RB3 going forward. I'd like to have him but i'm going to wait until after all the games this week before i decide on what to offer the starks owner.

Green Bay RBs combined for about 1700 total yards and 10 TDs last year. Much of that was the very mediocre Brandon Jackson. If you figure a 70% share of that action for Starks, that gives you about 1200 yards and 7 TDs. If you allow a 20% boost for Starks just being a better player than Jackson, now your around 1400 yards, 8 TDs. I'd call that solid RB2 numbers. Obviously you have to contend with the variables of him being able to stay healthy and continue to hold off Grant, but it's trending in that direction.

1/13/0

4/45/0

2/33/0

3/16/1

1/3/0

2/53/0

5/68/0

There's half the fantasy season that you got squadoosh from this stud. Yeah, he had 15 TDs on the season, but 7 of them came in three monster games (and 11 of them in five games--leaving 4 TDs for the other eleven weeks). Now ask yourself, is the KC offense more potent, or less potent, this season?

Burleson won't have the monster game or two that Bowe is capable of, but if Stafford stays healthy, I don't think he will lay as many eggs, either.

Why do you even post?????

You are by far the dumbest poster out here.

You take Bowe's 7 worst weeks out of 16 and dissected it?????? And one of those weeks, he scored a TD!!!! OH YOU DIDN'T!!!

Here is Andre Johnson's 2010 numbers.

3 33

4 64

week 4 - did not play

4 41

4 32

9 56

6 58

Week 16 - Did not play

Week 17 - Did not play

So 6 out of the 16 weeks, he put up complete stinkers.

3 weeks he sat. That's 9 weeks..MORE THAN half!!

Do you not DRAFT HIM????

1/13/0

4/45/0

2/33/0

3/16/1

1/3/0

2/53/0

5/68/0

And here was 2009 Andre Johnson's numbers.

He finished 1 overall. check out these 7 weeks...

4 35/0

4 86/0

2 66/0

2 62/0

6 63/0

5 67/0

6 65/0

Your ARGUMENT is weak and it seems like the norm on every post. So based on these 7 weeks of stinkers from Andre Johnson, do you NOT draft him if he's there in round 3??

Vincent Jackson last year.

2 29

5 112/3

4 54

3 53

Why are you so high on a guy that scored in only 25% of the games played last year???

He put up stinkers on 75% of the games (3/4)!!!

WHY IS THAT A GOOD TRADE?!?!?!

This thread is gold. If you read closely it really illustrates how differently we all value players.

- Some look at previous years stats and weight that very heavily.

- Others look at team opportunity, schedule and general strength

- A few rely on gut feeling and the eyeball test from what they see on the field.

I'm personally buying Starks. In fact I already bought him. I traded MJD, Daniel Thomas, M-Sims Walker and Jerome Harrison for Deangelo Williams, James Starks, Pierre Garcon (before the Peyton news) and Jabar Gaffney. The key player in the entire deal in my head was James Starks. He can be an RB1 for your fantasy team. I don't know the exact number but he had to be on the field at least twice as much as Ryan Grant the other day - and more importantly he was on the field when it mattered. GB is as good of an offense as there is in the game and he runs very well. I like his talent, I love the opportunity and I don't believe the guy behind him (yes behind him) is very good.

If you own Starks as your bench RB or RB4/5 then move your RB1 or 2 for a premium talent and slide him in as a starter. It amazes me how the instinct out of a FF owner is to move the kid that develops and shows that he can play rather than move the early pick. From my experience, its easier to move the early pick for good value.

And here was 2009 Andre Johnson's numbers.

He finished 1 overall. check out these 7 weeks...

4 35/0

4 86/0

2 66/0

2 62/0

6 63/0

5 67/0

6 65/0

Your ARGUMENT is weak and it seems like the norm on every post. So based on these 7 weeks of stinkers from Andre Johnson, do you NOT draft him if he's there in round 3??

I guess you and I just have different ideas of "stinkers"... The numbers you posted for Johnson are pretty consistent and on pace for a 1000-yd season. Bowe's seven stinkers averaged 33 yards per week--about half of Johnson's average for the weeks you posted.

Johnson's 2010 stinkers are closer to Bowe's stinkers, but then Johnson was battling injury for much of the season last year, and with Foster tearing things up, he really wasn't needed. I believe Bowe will continue to put up the stinkers, but he's not as likely to repeat the two or three monster games that made his bottom line look so attractive last year.

On to VJax, who held out and wasn't involved with the team until what, week 14? The fact that he had even one significant game out of the final three is a testament to his value now that he's in the mix from the start. Sure, every player will have some stinkers now and again, but VJax is much more likely to put up the kind of games that will make his bottom line look much better than Bowe's in 2011.

So, quite simply, it's a good trade because VJax will have a much better year than Bowe--and he was able to purge Starks from his roster in the process!