Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Steven Jackson injury watch

So Steven Jackson is getting an MRI tomorrow:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6958036/sam-bradford-steven-jackson-headline-st-louis-rams-week-1-injuries

His injury (strained quad) doesn't sound that serious and the MRI might well just be a precautionary move. But Caddy played well in his absence, so the question is: should fantasy owners be clamoring to pick up Caddy if he is available in their league?

So in St Louis, there is Caddy and Jerious Norwood.....is there any other super sleeper pick up at RB on the squad? If so, who is it.

Caddy has an injury plagued past. Norwood has never carried the load to my knowledge....

Let's hope the injury is not serious to Jaskson!

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo announced Monday that Steven Jackson (quadriceps) is "probably" not going to play in Week 2.

He's got 2 tough match-ups coming up anyway though. Hopefully he's not out too long.

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo announced Monday that Steven Jackson (quadriceps) is "probably" not going to play in Week 2.

He's got 2 tough match-ups coming up anyway though. Hopefully he's not out too long.

They wont rush him back...Im guessing he wont be back till after the week 5 bye

you guys think caddy is worth the #1ww spot? I have it and could use some rb help.....don't like using the top ww pick on a bench player though...

you guys think caddy is worth the #1ww spot? I have it and could use some rb help.....don't like using the top ww pick on a bench player though...

Yes. With Amendola out the St Louis offense will be even more conservative. For all his gaudy numbers, Bradofrd did a poor job last season of taking any real shots downfield, and that pattern continued Sunday.

The Rams ran very well vs Philly. O-line is solid. Factor in a new offensive coordinator and I'd bet Caddy sees lots of carries. He looked lean and strong Sunday.

Jackson's been a pretty tough customer the past two years. Yes, he always seems to be on the injury report, but he also almost always plays. Obviously he doesn't seem likely to go this week, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back for week 3. He has played--and played well--through a lot of seemingly tough injuries lately; he was right back in action the next week after a groin pull last year.

I think he'll probably either be back in week 3 or week 6. If he's not ready for week 3, I wouldn't be surprised if they held him out week 4 as well to get him the extra time to heal over the bye, as speculated.

I hope they keep him out. He's got some tough match ups coming up but it gets real easy toward the middle end of the year....get healthy big boy I'm gonna need you later

I think this way too, but I'm changing it this year and see how it works. I'm putting a waiver claim on anything like this (potential starter on the ww). I tried the " saving my high ww slot " in the past too, but I just end up in a race for who clicks his or her mouse the fastest when the waiver block is lifted. But if you put in your waiver claims the system might look at those first, THEN process the ones without claims. If all the other owners are playing who clicks the fastest. I might have the free agents on my team by then.

I feel bad for the guy. Cant seem to stay healthy. Hes a good back but the injury bug wont leave him alone

He's been the entire Rams offense for a number of seasons now. That's a lot of wear and tear for an RB who isn't getting any younger. Yes I know he isn't exactly "old" yet, but my theory is that we will see diminishing returns from SJax dating back to last season. That's why I stayed away from him this year--not that I'm gloating or anything. :D

He's been the entire Rams offense for a number of seasons now. That's a lot of wear and tear for an RB who isn't getting any younger. Yes I know he isn't exactly "old" yet, but my theory is that we will see diminishing returns from SJax dating back to last season. That's why I stayed away from him this year--not that I'm gloating or anything. :D

was a do not draft for me, unless he fell to the 3rd round. not worth the headache each week.