Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The Cowboys are, who we thought they were!

Tony Romo plays for the Cowboys.

4 :o

Romo = Modern Version of Danny White. :cry: :wall:

Danny White lost 3 straight NFC Championships.

To lose 3 straight NFC Championships you have to get to 3 straight NFC Championships.

Danny White > Tony Romo.

Plus, Danny White could punt.

Tony Romo is a good QB, who simply needs to take better care of the football. If he can do that, he'll be a very good NFL QB and the Cowboys will get over the hump.

Romo has been doing this since High School. He is starting his 9th season in the NFL, why do you think he will change now?

Romo is a poor man's Brett Favre.

Tony Romo can't take the pressure and the Cowboys will never win a big game with him at the helm. That's just a fact.

Unless you are saying only a SB is a big game, then yes. But for most I think you can say he has won big games. Most notable, and recent, last game of the season against the Iggles, 2009. This game was for the division title and Dallas routed them. The following week Romo and the boys blew out the same Iggs in the Wildcard playoff game - I'd say those were pretty big........ Now that being said, I am not convinced he can ever take us to the next level. 31 year old qbs who are still making rookie mistakes is unexcusable.

I said last year that the Cowboys needed to move on from Tony Romo, but for some reason they didn't do it. I bet they finally will after this season.

Clowny just signed Romo to a huge deal, one in which he restructured this year to free up cap space - for better or worse Romo will be the qb in Dallas for at least 3 more years.

The fact still remains that Romo is the best QB in the NFC East. Why doesn't anyone mention that Vick can't win the big game? Vick has won 2 playoff games in 8 years as a starter where Romo has won 1 playoff game in 6 years as a starter. What about Vick's pass to end the Eagles season last year? 1st and 10 with 4 shots at the end zone and he throws a pathetic Int on first down. After the game he says, “I gave it a shot:” At least Romo knows what he did wrong.

guy should hang em up and play more golf, imo

guy should hang em up and play more golf, imo

Truth.

Saw him on the golf channel today, he did some 30 minute piece "Playing Lessons" with brandel chamblee.

Romo said, paraphrasing. "when I'm not getting any better at football, I'll know it's time" :blink: :wacko: :doh:

Romo is the worst fourth quarter QB I have ever seen. It's comical to watch his do the same thing time and time again.

:thumbsup:

That goofy little bastard.

:lol:

Romo; year after year.................chokes like a John Holmes co-star.

He's making a great case for the NFL to increase the rosters to include a 'Relief QB' spot. Just some game manager to hand the ball off and make dumpoff passes to TE and RBs.

Someday ESPN will splice together all of Romo's 4th Quarter meltdowns and make a 'NFL Follies' film out of it. Just add that Benny Hill music to it as fumble after fumble roll by. :banana:

Someday ESPN will splice together all of Romo's 4th Quarter meltdowns and make a 'NFL Follies' film out of it. Just add that Benny Hill music to it as fumble after fumble roll by. :banana:

how many do you think that there are? interesting stat was pulled up today. since 2007, romo has the best 4th quarter QBR of any active player--better than manning or brady. 30TDs, 12 INTs. 9 4thQ comebacks.

granted, he's lost some games through screwing up--aikman did too, and he's a first-ballot HOFer.

so since you're so sure that he has a bunch of 4th Q meltdowns, perhaps you'd list them. i remember the fumbled snap of course (amusingly, after leading a clutch drive to score with time running out, but hey...), and the jets game is fresh. so what other meltdowns can you come up with?

how many do you think that there are? interesting stat was pulled up today. since 2007, romo has the best 4th quarter QBR of any active player--better than manning or brady. 30TDs, 12 INTs. 9 4thQ comebacks.

granted, he's lost some games through screwing up--aikman did too, and he's a first-ballot HOFer.

so since you're so sure that he has a bunch of 4th Q meltdowns, perhaps you'd list them. i remember the fumbled snap of course (amusingly, after leading a clutch drive to score with time running out, but hey...), and the jets game is fresh. so what other meltdowns can you come up with?

Against the Steelers about 3 years ago. Giants. Eagles.

No one is saying that Romo is not a good "stats" QB. The problem is that he needs to win.

BTW I believe Josh Freeman had 5 4th quarter comebacks last year.

Against the Steelers about 3 years ago. Giants. Eagles.

you're surely not talking about the 4th quarter pick against pittsburgh, when the coaching staff and witten himself admitted that witten had made the wrong read on a timing route and turned the wrong direction--that the pass was put in exactly the right spot. the only guy who didn't blame witten for that one? romo.

which giants game? which eagles game?

No one is saying that Romo is not a good "stats" QB. The problem is that he needs to win.

BTW I believe Josh Freeman had 5 4th quarter comebacks last year.

he needs to win? if you check the records, you'll notice that he's one of the winningest active QBs in the league. and he has done it dealing with constant pressure his entire career--the cowboys have never had quality line play, even when they shelled out the money in 2008.

i think aikman put is best. he said that everyone is angry with romo for failing to meet the team's expectations. but he also said that romo is the primary reason that expectations have been high.

i'm really curious to see if any of the romo haters are going to come in here and at least acknowledge his performance today, complete with fractured ribs. or if, as usual, they'll simply look the other way when he plays well.

i'm not holding my breath.

you're surely not talking about the 4th quarter pick against pittsburgh, when the coaching staff and witten himself admitted that witten had made the wrong read on a timing route and turned the wrong direction--that the pass was put in exactly the right spot. the only guy who didn't blame witten for that one? romo.

which giants game? which eagles game?

Thank you. I never heard that. It's not easy being a Cowboys fan outside the state of TX. I always thought that was Witten's fault. I can't remember which eagles and giants games specifically. Didn't we lose to the Eagles late in the season back when we had T.O. and miss the playoffs? Giants loss in the playoffs (Trent Dilfer just mentioned it), although I blame Crayton.

Sunday 9/18/2011 - Tony Romo showed heart and willpower overcoming fractured ribs to lead the Dallas Cowboys to a comeback win on the road in S.F. when they really needed a win. New name? - Tony "The Comeback Kid" Romo.

If this wasn't the biggest fake in the history of the NFL.

Ohhh, let me pretend i'm sure, it's only the 49ers. Even Kitna can keep us in the game.

I'll come in and win it and be the hero :pointstosky:

So when he 'chokes' it's real, but when he doesn't and plays well int he 4th Quarter to lead the team back (on the road) it's now all fake and scripted like the WWE?

Man you folks are all over the place. :sleep:

Or could it be that Romo is a gambler (similar to how Favre was) who tries to make plays where sometimes it hurts the team (turnovers) and sometimes it helps them in spectacular fashion. Wouldn't that make a little more sense?

More sense than say people who only bring up the negatives and totally disregard all the good games. Or guys that think the NFL is fake and made up? Or guys that think Romo playing golf in the offseason or dating a girl is that big of a deal.

:blink:

he needs to win? if you check the records, you'll notice that he's one of the winningest active QBs in the league. and he has done it dealing with constant pressure his entire career--the cowboys have never had quality line play, even when they shelled out the money in 2008.

i think aikman put is best. he said that everyone is angry with romo for failing to meet the team's expectations. but he also said that romo is the primary reason that expectations have been high.

i'm really curious to see if any of the romo haters are going to come in here and at least acknowledge his performance today, complete with fractured ribs. or if, as usual, they'll simply look the other way when he plays well.

i'm not holding my breath.

Here is a shot of reality for you:

1. He has one playoff win in eight years and is 2-6 his last 8 starts.

2. He QBed the team that had the most pro bowlers in the history of the NFL and two other teams that were picked to win the SB.

3. Many of us never had high expectations for him; that is a Cowboy problem.

4. I will repeat, Romo is the best QB in the NFL East.

I don't hate the guy at all, I just see him for what he is - A poor man's Brett Favre.

If this wasn't the biggest fake in the history of the NFL.

Ohhh, let me pretend i'm sure, it's only the 49ers. Even Kitna can keep us in the game.

I'll come in and win it and be the hero :pointstosky:

this is exactly what i was talking about. kitna threw 2 INTs in 8min, which was precisely the reason that romo came back in, broken ribs and all.

Thank you. I never heard that. It's not easy being a Cowboys fan outside the state of TX. I always thought that was Witten's fault. I can't remember which eagles and giants games specifically. Didn't we lose to the Eagles late in the season back when we had T.O. and miss the playoffs? Giants loss in the playoffs (Trent Dilfer just mentioned it), although I blame Crayton.

yeah--i have to admit that i blamed romo for that one until it witten and the coaches came out with the truth. the eagles loss was just a horrible game all around, and players have those. romo played awfully, but it wasn't a 4th quarter meltdown, it was an all 4 quarter meltdown on the part of the entire team. and the giants divisional wasn't a 4th Q problem either--romo played solid ball, and crayton dropped that huge in route without a defender within 15 yards.

there are certainly legitimate criticisms of romo, but the 4th quarter stuff is way overblown.

romo's playoff record in his first 6 years: 1-3

vick's playoff record in his first 6 years: 2-2

as for his recent record, you're right--the team bombed last season, under both romo and kitna. it wasn't until the coaching change that the team woke up and turned it around.

2. He QBed the team that had the most pro bowlers in the history of the NFL and two other teams that were picked to win the SB.

a punter, a kicker, and fat roy williams were on that pro bowl team. many of those same offensive pro bowlers looked like junk when bledsoe was starting--it wasn't until romo came in that they became all-stars. this should tell you something.

and once again, romo was one of the primary reasons that those teams were picked to go to the SB.

you guys really need to make up your minds.

yeah--i have to admit that i blamed romo for that one until it witten and the coaches came out with the truth. the eagles loss was just a horrible game all around, and players have those. romo played awfully, but it wasn't a 4th quarter meltdown, it was an all 4 quarter meltdown on the part of the entire team. and the giants divisional wasn't a 4th Q problem either--romo played solid ball, and crayton dropped that huge in route without a defender within 15 yards.

there are certainly legitimate criticisms of romo, but the 4th quarter stuff is way overblown.

AND Crayton slowed down when Romo threw what was a perfect pass that should have been the game winner. Remember? Down the right side line and into the endzone.

You guys should send Harbaugh some flowers for that gift he gave you. I don't know if I've seen worse coaching than that. You hit a 55 yrd fg and leave like 8 mins on the clock, but get a penalty that would give you the first and kill at least another couple of minutes of clock. You could run Gore smack into the back of 3 of his 5 offensive lineman and still have a 45 yrd kick AND a couple of minutes less. I thought the Harbaughs were supposed to be coaching geniuses? "What, you want me to score more points...uh, no thanks. I'm good with what I have." Maybe one of the biggest wussy coaching moves evah. Enjoy it Cowboys fans.

You guys should send Harbaugh some flowers for that gift he gave you. I don't know if I've seen worse coaching than that. You hit a 55 yrd fg and leave like 8 mins on the clock, but get a penalty that would give you the first and kill at least another couple of minutes of clock. You could run Gore smack into the back of 3 of his 5 offensive lineman and still have a 45 yrd kick AND a couple of minutes less. I thought the Harbaughs were supposed to be coaching geniuses? "What, you want me to score more points...uh, no thanks. I'm good with what I have." Maybe one of the biggest wussy coaching moves evah. Enjoy it Cowboys fans.

Seeing how it is we gift wrapped and handed over a win to the Jets - we'll take it.

Seeing how it is we gift wrapped and handed over a win to the Jets - we'll take it.

fair enough and good point! :cheers:

3. Many of us never had high expectations for him; that is a Cowboy problem.

4. I will repeat, Romo is the best QB in the NFL East.

I don't hate the guy at all, I just see him for what he is - A poor man's Brett Favre.

If he ever wins a single super bowl he'll be a much better QB than Favre.

Favre is one of the most overrated QBs of all time.

When Romo has a six pick meltdown in the playoffs let me know... When Romo throws 2 picks throws for 180 yards @ a 5 y/a clip and wins the game let me know.

Romo has had some absolutely terrible boneheaded plays in pressure situations, but IMO he's never had half the talent Favre had around him when the Packers were winning playoff games.

romo's playoff record in his first 6 years: 1-3

vick's playoff record in his first 6 years: 2-2

as for his recent record, you're right--the team bombed last season, under both romo and kitna. it wasn't until the coaching change that the team woke up and turned it around.

a punter, a kicker, and fat roy williams were on that pro bowl team. many of those same offensive pro bowlers looked like junk when bledsoe was starting--it wasn't until romo came in that they became all-stars. this should tell you something.

and once again, romo was one of the primary reasons that those teams were picked to go to the SB.

you guys really need to make up your minds.

:overhead:

Reporting Romo has a punctured lung :shocking:

Who is reporting this? I am listening to a streamcast of 105.3 The Fan, the Cowboys radio network - and they have not mentioned anything like that. The Cowboys beat writer is coming on next, see if he mentions anything.

Who is reporting this? I am listening to a streamcast of 105.3 The Fan, the Cowboys radio network - and they have not mentioned anything like that. The Cowboys beat writer is coming on next, see if he mentions anything.

twee from Mort...

http://twitter.com/#!/mortreport

All i got man.

If he ever wins a single super bowl he'll be a much better QB than Favre.

Favre is one of the most overrated QBs of all time.

When Romo has a six pick meltdown in the playoffs let me know... When Romo throws 2 picks throws for 180 yards @ a 5 y/a clip and wins the game let me know.

Romo has had some absolutely terrible boneheaded plays in pressure situations, but IMO he's never had half the talent Favre had around him when the Packers were winning playoff games.

Romo will never win a SB.

Well sure, why not? I mean we already have Newman, Austin, Bryant, and Felix hurt - what's one more. :mad:

Witten got hurt too...but he's more man than the rest. :music_guitarred:

Witten got hurt too...but he's more man than the rest. :music_guitarred:

That Witten is one tough SOB. He played with a broken jaw couple years back - incredible.