Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Shonn Greene

The JETS were ranked 2nd overall in attempts and finished 4th overall in rushing yards in 2010.

Solid BUT finish with only 14 total rushing TD and also both LT and S. Green only have 1 game each with over 100 yards rushing. In the final 9 regular season games they only have 2 RUSHING TD!!! Yikes!!

SO yes, the team rushing numbers looked good BUT individually you are looking at about 50-60 yards rushing with an occasionally TD.

He looked slow, plodding, and fell over like a sack of potatoes on contact. LT looks like he's still the man and was on the field significantly more than Greene. Greene will be on the bench until he shows some signs of life or I run out of roster space and part ways with him.

He didn't look slow or plodding to me. And he was always going forward. The problem I saw was he would just going where the hole was supposed to be, drop his head, and get what he could because he was being gang tackled right away. His lack of creativity and maybe vision is what made him look so bad to me. But maybe that is what they expect him to do and coach him to do. His OL didn't do him any favors, that's for sure.

He didn't look slow or plodding to me. And he was always going forward. The problem I saw was he would just going where the hole was supposed to be, drop his head, and get what he could because he was being gang tackled right away. His lack of creativity and maybe vision is what made him look so bad to me. But maybe that is what they expect him to do and coach him to do. His OL didn't do him any favors, that's for sure.

I agree 100%. He did not look slow. He actually looked fast to the line...but he had no holes to run through. With more attempts and better OL play, there will be more holes to run through. Bench him this week at your own risk.

Someone mentioned Starks and Ingram. While I like Starks' matchup this week and can see him having a solid game, starting Ingram in a time share against Chicago over Greene against Jax would likely be a mistake.

I was kinda forced into drafting him based on value (5th round) I assume the rest of the guys in my league had him on a do not draft list or somthing?? as my 3rd RB and a poss flex play I still have faith.. that said last week was a mess!! I am playing either James Starks or Mark Ingram ahead of him this week till he shows me somthing!!

I would not be shocked to see him on a waiver wire or two if he dosent do somthing in the next few weeks! (not my waiver wire btw)

I like Starks a lot too. He was a sleeper of mine. I figure he's good most weeks for at least 40-60 yards and a TD.

Agreed.....I am a shonne greene owner in my big $ league and was not happy about sunday nights performance against my beloved Cowgirls....However it is a long season and extremely early. My ears will be burning if he turns in a 45yd rush 1 catch 4yd performance with zero tds vs jags at home. I would expect/hope for 80 rush 1td.

We shall see..... :dunno:

Watched the game again on NFL Replay. Dallas run blitzed ALOT. And is it just me or did Greene actually look a little lively on his one catch??? Just askin.

Watched the game again on NFL Replay. Dallas run blitzed ALOT. And is it just me or did Greene actually look a little lively on his one catch??? Just askin.

I was looking at this today. Career he 17 for 127 yards avergaing 7.5 yds per play when receiving. Don't ask me - he just seems under-used.

I was looking at this today. Career he 17 for 127 yards avergaing 7.5 yds per play when receiving. Don't ask me - he just seems under-used.

Meh if you had the opportunity to use someone like LT as your 3rd down back you'd probably squander some talent as well. I honestly hope a bunch of you guys aren't jumping ship yet. There is a trend which shows teams tend to air it out when playing on Monday night and I still consider that game to be an aberration. Greene has a good match up this week and I expect him to rebound nicely along with Blount.

GOOD LUCK... I "drank the Kool Aid" with Shonn last year, and I NEVER started him. What a waste of a 2nd-round pick. :thumbsdown:

AND, he likely cost me 2nd place overall for the season! :cry:

the OLine just is not as good as it has been past few years. Highly concerned about this. Not even from a FF perspective, but if the jets can't run effectively, and have to rely on sanchez on a weekly basis, they will not repeat the success they've had in the past 2 years. Furthermore, with their D, they are likely to end up in grinding games where they are protecting a small lead or down small all game, and that requires a proper running game to grind down the clock and walk off with a win. As a jets fan, I am not too happy with the OLine situation. Greene, while he's not the second coming of Jim Brown, is a highly servicable back that can thrive with a proper line...

Greene is a 20+ carry back.

He just isn't going to get it in this offense.

I'll be surprise if he gets more than 20 carries in more than 3 games this year.

The JETS were ranked 2nd overall in attempts and finished 4th overall in rushing yards in 2010.

Solid BUT finish with only 14 total rushing TD and also both LT and S. Green only have 1 game each with over 100 yards rushing. In the final 9 regular season games they only have 2 RUSHING TD!!! Yikes!!

SO yes, the team rushing numbers looked good BUT individually you are looking at about 50-60 yards rushing with an occasionally TD.

The thing is, the assumption is that Greene's on field snaps would increase as the cost of LT's, a trend that we all witnessed last year. It's fair to assume that it would have carried into the 2011 season. It's an inevitability, but the question is...when will LT start to break down this year? Earlier than last year? I think so. That is why Greene is the epitome of a good buy-low candidate.

I'm starting James Starks over him this week I'm hoping Green shows me something this week so I can confidently start him in the future but after week one I'm not plugging him in just yet

I'm starting James Starks over him this week I'm hoping Green shows me something this week so I can confidently start him in the future but after week one I'm not plugging him in just yet

Starting a backup vs a starter after seeing only the 1st week is risky business.