Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Does Lynch have any value?

Simply due to the fact that he's a clear cut starting RB, he has to have value. But damn is that team a mess. I have him buried on my bench in hopes things settle down.

I wouldn't waive him for an Ogletree / one week wonder type pickup but I'd consider dumping him for what looks to be a strong pickup (like a better RB handcuff that gets the starting gig).

I think he's got more value wasting space on your bench then getting waived for a flier.

Simply due to the fact that he's a clear cut starting RB, he has to have value. But damn is that team a mess. I have him buried on my bench in hopes things settle down.

I wouldn't waive him for an Ogletree / one week wonder type pickup but I'd consider dumping him for what looks to be a strong pickup (like a better RB handcuff that gets the starting gig).

I think he's got more value wasting space on your bench then getting waived for a flier.

exactly, i'm leaving him on my squad only in hopes that whitehurst will take over on bring some sort of passing attack to compliment their already non-existant running game. I don't know if i'll ever start him, but if he has a decent game or two i might test the trading block... like you said... he IS the clear cut RB that gets all of their goalline carries :cheers:

Worth more than a random hot waiver wire pickup at this point?

Going down the list of available FA's in my league:

I would drop him for Denarious Moore or Eric Decker if you have sufficient depth at RB and/or a dire need at receiver.

LaFell and Donario Alexander (is he really that good, or were the Giants corners just that bad?) are tough calls. I would seriously consider it.

I wouldnt drop him for Nelson, Ogletree or Redman.

All just gut feelings.

Worth more than a random hot waiver wire pickup at this point?

I wouldnt waste the waiver claim. Seahawks are hard to watch.

he's got some value....those gold teeth have to be worth a pretty penny.

If, and it's big if's...if Rice can come back and be healthy, and if Whitehurst is given the QB spot...then, um, no. he's probably not worth much. If I was relying on him as much more than maybe RB3, I would probably pack in the season and be studying up for next years draft.

Does Lynch have any value?

This is one of those rare years when a team is so bad offensively, that no skill player has any current value.

I dropped him because Mike Bush hit the wire and I'm a DMac owner. He was then also snapped up as well, I dont think I could have used him in a trade but he does carry "some" value from name recognition alone.

the better question is, is he startable this week against zona?

of course he has value. seattle's line just started the year banged up. they will come around. also, they're playing without a QB. whitehurst should be starting soon.

the better question is, is he startable this week against zona?

of course he has value. seattle's line just started the year banged up. they will come around. also, they're playing without a QB. whitehurst should be starting soon.

not even close to startable...

Until the offensive line gets straightened out no real FF value. But he is a clear #1RB and if your league has any kind of deep benches someone else will pick him up and stash him till late in the season. I think he has more value than a talented backup to someone elses stud on your team so as a #4/5RB.

My reason for hope, the O-line has a lot of high round picks on it and Cable is going to be screaming in their ears all year. Lets not forget that the 49ers and Steelers are both in the top 5 rush defenses a year ago as well.

I had been hoping by game 4 he would start to emerge but losing Gallery hurts us pretty badly. My best guess now is by week 6 at the earliest he will start to churn out some fairly consistent numbers as a low end #2RB or Flex play.

Holding to see if he has anything left against the scrubs in the NFC West. If he doesn't perform against the Cards, might have to cut the guy.

Need to make room for bye weeks starting week 5, need to cut one of the following so we'll see.

L. Mccoy

S. Green

D. Thomas

M. Lynch

J. McKnight

R. Brown

Almost embarrassed to be saying this but I am 2-0 and have every intention on starting Lynch this week. My 2nd running back spot is a bit of a mess right now as it was a position I waited on in the draft because I liked the value late with Lynch, Reggie Bush, McGahee, Ryan Williams (ouch), and Rashad Jennings (double ouch). Lynch has played in two road games so far and maybe at home against a poor defense they can actually get a lead (gulp) and get the running game going a bit more effectively. I'm sure most of you would go with McGahee but I'll take the slightly better matchup and the guy who will play every down for this week... as long as Moreno practices all week and looks ready to go this weekend.

So basically, yes I would say he has some value and is worth holding on to for at least a few more weeks to see if the offense shows any signs of life. 2 weeks is too early to give up on an entire offense even one that looks horrible.

Almost embarrassed to be saying this but I am 2-0 and have every intention on starting Lynch this week. My 2nd running back spot is a bit of a mess right now as it was a position I waited on in the draft because I liked the value late with Lynch, Reggie Bush, McGahee, Ryan Williams (ouch), and Rashad Jennings (double ouch). Lynch has played in two road games so far and maybe at home against a poor defense they can actually get a lead (gulp) and get the running game going a bit more effectively. I'm sure most of you would go with McGahee but I'll take the slightly better matchup and the guy who will play every down for this week... as long as Moreno practices all week and looks ready to go this weekend.

So basically, yes I would say he has some value and is worth holding on to for at least a few more weeks to see if the offense shows any signs of life. 2 weeks is too early to give up on an entire offense even one that looks horrible.

I would start him.

I'm in a similar situation with weak RBs drafting late. If Moreno's out, I have to choose between Ingram and Lynch. Ingram is slowly coming, but Lynch may post some numbers with a good matchup, etc.

Plus I'm scared of his mug shot on CBS.

Gallery should be back after their bye week. After that, Lynch will be startable again. Not studly, but at least worth plugging in as needed. A 20 carry RB is not going to be available on the WW when you need one.

I bit the bullet and dropped him. Probably a bad decision due to carrying McCluster/TJones (trade bait...or maybe a breakout star between the two of them, who knows) and losing A Hernandez to injury (needed a backup TE).

12 team, 0.5ppr league, someone else dropped Moreno, so I might try for him instead. I swear, this league paralyzes me, I can't figure out what to do. Half the owners know what they are doing, the other half are terrible and barely set their rosters.