Sign in to follow this  
Cstriker

Mendenhall

I did not watch steelers play seahawks last week. Why was mendenhalls carries limited below 20? Is he in a rbbc now with redman?

he's just about as much a feature back as you'll find these days. redman WILL spell him and get the occassional GL carry which stinks in the short term but is good long term

I am a Mendenhall owner in several leagues and am somewhat concerned myself. The Seahawks defense is stout against the run, Mebane/Bryant are a wicked combo, very under rated so bare that in mind. The problems though are significant, Redman looked good and got one of the rushing TD's damn him, and as the Football Guru continues to point out Mendenhall had 400+ touches last year.

My biggest worry is he signaled to the sideline right after a nice 12 yd run that put them in the red zone to be taken out of the game for a rest. I really don't like seeing a RB pulling himself off the field in the redzone because he needs a breather maybe this is due to shortened preseason and no offseason but I hate to see it.

He also failed to cash in from the 1yd line acouple times early in the game, again the Seahawks are stout against the run they have already had about 15 goal line plays (guesstimation from a homer its probably more actually :doh: ) especially early in games when they are rested.

Did he fumble recently?

You have to think they're trying to keep the guy fresh and insure that Redmnan is a competent backup & relief option.

Every time I think this guy is just an average plodder in a good situation & consider a change, he kicks it up a couple of notches and goes on a little tear. And while he has some milage on the OD.. he should still be firmly in his prime.

I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

Not a Steeler fan by any stretch, but I'm about as big of a Redman fan as you'll find. However, there is no threat of a committee here. I chalk up Week 2 to a game in which the Steelers knew they had control throughout. The team has talked about increasing Redman's role (mostly at the expense of Mewelde Moore), but HC Mike Tomlin has been pretty adament about riding Mendenhall "until the wheels fall off". His job security is about a 9.0 or 9.5 on a scale of 1-10.

I'm in a PPR so I knew going in he wasn't going to be a stud in our league. I expected more out of him vs Seahawks especially given the score but it was serviceable. Versus the Ravens I sat him in favor of Beanie Wells.

Redman being a wh0re is a nuisance and nothing more. Just temper your expectations as I have.

Let's not be clueless here! It was 24-0. Why are they going to continue to wear and tear Mendenhall and keep running him when he can take a few breaks here and there and then sit the 4th quarter? Of course he's going to get less carries in these games.

The thing that should worry us is the fact that Colon is out for the year again and the running game is going to hurt more and it's going to be tougher for Mendy. I was frustrated seeing him get stuck at the 1 yd line 3 times. He shoulda easily had 2 TDs...but hopefully they'll figure out something.

Definite no...Redman is no way near the full package that Mendenhall is. Mendenhall will sit and after the game is in their hands and that is where the backups begin. I would however admit that if the steelers build a big league in the division..which seems to never be the case with the Ravens right there with them..I could then see a RBBC occur towards the end of the season..

Let's not be clueless here! It was 24-0. Why are they going to continue to wear and tear Mendenhall and keep running him when he can take a few breaks here and there and then sit the 4th quarter? Of course he's going to get less carries in these games.

The thing that should worry us is the fact that Colon is out for the year again and the running game is going to hurt more and it's going to be tougher for Mendy. I was frustrated seeing him get stuck at the 1 yd line 3 times. He shoulda easily had 2 TDs...but hopefully they'll figure out something.

I was surprised at how well the Seattle run defense played. I hear you about Colon, but thankfully the Steelers have a cupcake schedule from here on in, starting this week with the Dolts.

Mendenhall goes off this week. Book it.

The more Mendy goes off, and the faster the Steelers take control of this game vs. the Colts, the quicker Redman gets involved.

The more Mendy goes off, and the faster the Steelers take control of this game vs. the Colts, the quicker Redman gets involved.

i don't care when he goes off, as long as he goes off! :)

Don't rain on parade man!!

Don't overwork your #1 RB when the game is out of hand. Redman should have been in there. He is not a threat whatsoever to Mendenhall, other than to spell him. Mendenhall will take him as far as his line does. Funny, first drive and the O-line was horrible, zero room to run. Tomlin gets in there grill and the next series Mendenhall gets 8-9 yards a carry for several carries in a row. Their problem is still in short yardage. Steeler's often don't get the surge they need and in IMO are one of the worst in the league at needing a yard. It's not Mendenhall - it's the line. I used to get so pissed when I'd see Ben drop into a shotgun when they only had a yard to gain, but now I understand it. So, Mendenhall gets a lot of 8-10 yard carries and lots of stuffed for no gain carries as well. But he'll still get his. He's running well. I own Mendenhall in 2 leagues and Redman doesn't concern me at all.