Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Torain vs the Eagles?

Shanny has already come out and said he won't say who is the starter but that he will play the best players.

As a Skins lifer, its clear as day Torain is the best RB on the roster when healthy.

I'd guess he's going to go back to his boy Torain. He's watching the tape too. Torain is just so much better than Hightower and he's a pure one cut and go RB. The guy doesn't hesitate. He makes up his mind and goes. The smart owners already traded Hightower.

I'm starting Torain as a flex this week and hoping I don't get Shannied.

UPDATE:

“I’m playing on Sunday,” said Hightower, who leads the Redskins with 233 yards and a touchdown on 67 carries. “I’m ready to play.”

The fourth-year pro revealed to coach Mike Shanahan after last week’s game at St. Louis that he had been playing hurt. But Hightower said Monday that he benefited from the five-day bye week break, and Shanahan said he practiced fully. - Washington Post

Yeah yeah yeah, sure Tim. You were playing hurt with a bad shoulder. That's why you looked awful. Suuuuuure. A bad shoulder is going to cause you to dance around? C'mon man.

Timmy is watching that door closing on his starting RB duties. Trade him now.

Philly homer here. I sure hope that Torain gets at least 12 touches cause thats all he will need to exploit that stupid wide 9 def our offensive/defensive coordinator put in place with the smallest group of LB's ever. Castillo needs to go and Andy said that juan isnt going anywhere ... so if thats the case then torain and hightower could both have big days. Thats what im hoping for since i am starting torain this week as my rb2. Guess my opinion is a bit bias

I put him in first thing this morning, was kind of excited. :banana:

Thomas, Lynch, Green benched until further notice.

This is about as excited as I ever get starting a Ratface RB but with Blount out it forces my hand. I can see a huge day in the making for whatever Redskins RB gets the bulk of the carries. Will either be Hightower or Torain, but I'm going with my gut that it is Torain. Worth the gamble IMO.

This is about as excited as I ever get starting a Ratface RB but with Blount out it forces my hand. I can see a huge day in the making for whatever Redskins RB gets the bulk of the carries. Will either be Hightower or Torain, but I'm going with my gut that it is Torain. Worth the gamble IMO.

This is shaping up perfectly for the 20 carry Helu game and the Shanny quote, "We really liked what we saw with Roy's skillset against this defense.".

And the fantasy world lights the torches and readies the pitchforks.

I really don't know who to bench between Ryan Torain (vs Phi), Shonn Greene (vs Mia) and Felix Jones (@NE). I'm likely benching one of the latter two rather than Torain against the worst run D in the league, if that gives any indication of his upside this week. It might be Greene that sees the bench, given probably the toughest run D matchup, or Felix given that Dallas might have to pass the ball all day.

You all "think" Torian is playing and deserves too.

Have you guys learned anything?

THT will get 25 touches in this game. Shanny searches all forums before that weeks game and does the opposite of what you say "should" happen.

I am confident enough in his 25 touches that I would put money on it.

60/40 Torain/THT.

Eagles go up early in this game forcing the redskins to throw more.

THT will be play most of the 2nd half snaps.

Could happen. Then again, the Eagles have a hard time going up early because their defense is pitiful and confused and lacks any identity.

i'm starting him at flex this week due to mass bye-week mayhem. that means he'll have 1 carry for 9 yards, and will get tackled at the 1-inch line by the cloverfield monster, who will have been conjured up by a game of magic: the gathering gone terribly wrong, and deposited on the field by a combination of a hurricane, spacetime distortion, and fran drescher's accent.

meanwhile, in miami, D thomas will have both his hamstrings torn from his femurs in a disturbing yogurt and spatula incident apparently perpetrated by the guy from 'burn notice'. reggie bush will get bitten by a radioactive spider, and will suddenly begin running with authority. giving into the dolphins fanbase, the team will discard a pro-style offense and run exclusively the wildcat with bush taking all the snaps. he will finish the game with 226 yards rushing on 5.7 attempts, and throw 3 TD passes to himself. as if this isn't enough, he will quick-kick a 57-yard FG after intersacking sanchez (which counts for 7 points in our league).

then he will actually throw the ring from the shire to mount doom.

he will find the island from LOST.

he will dance both the white swan and the black swan.

he will forget sarah marshall.

he will talk about the fight club.

he will enter the dragon.

finally, he will have an eleventy-three yard kickoff return for a TD, and just to mock the ongoing NBA labor dispute, he will actually dribble the football all the way down the field. each time the ball leaves his hand, it will count as a fumble, and each time it bounces back up, it will count as a fumble recovery. this won't change his overall score, but it'll piss me off anyway.

and all of his 3249 points will be on my bench, because i'm stupid enough to start torain.

so i'll lose my game by 3.

You all "think" Torian is playing and deserves too.

Have you guys learned anything?

THT will get 25 touches in this game. Shanny searches all forums before that weeks game and does the opposite of what you say "should" happen.

I am confident enough in his 25 touches that I would put money on it.

Go for it champ! Put a buck on that prop and let us know how that works out for ya.

For TH to be effective his carries have to be limited. You can only run so many stretch plays. He just doesn't run well between tackles. His vision is questionable as evident from game tape and he's left way too many plays on the field.

The most touches TH will get is 9-14, with TorAin getting the bulk 15-20. I think TH trots out with the starters on the first drive but It'll be all RT after that.

Toranin and Helu split carries

Hightower on third downs

JMO

i'm starting him at flex this week due to mass bye-week mayhem. that means he'll have 1 carry for 9 yards, and will get tackled at the 1-inch line by the cloverfield monster, who will have been conjured up by a game of magic: the gathering gone terribly wrong, and deposited on the field by a combination of a hurricane, spacetime distortion, and fran drescher's accent.

meanwhile, in miami, D thomas will have both his hamstrings torn from his femurs in a disturbing yogurt and spatula incident apparently perpetrated by the guy from 'burn notice'. reggie bush will get bitten by a radioactive spider, and will suddenly begin running with authority. giving into the dolphins fanbase, the team will discard a pro-style offense and run exclusively the wildcat with bush taking all the snaps. he will finish the game with 226 yards rushing on 5.7 attempts, and throw 3 TD passes to himself. as if this isn't enough, he will quick-kick a 57-yard FG after intersacking sanchez (which counts for 7 points in our league).

then he will actually throw the ring from the shire to mount doom.

he will find the island from LOST.

he will dance both the white swan and the black swan.

he will forget sarah marshall.

he will talk about the fight club.

he will enter the dragon.

finally, he will have an eleventy-three yard kickoff return for a TD, and just to mock the ongoing NBA labor dispute, he will actually dribble the football all the way down the field. each time the ball leaves his hand, it will count as a fumble, and each time it bounces back up, it will count as a fumble recovery. this won't change his overall score, but it'll piss me off anyway.

and all of his 3249 points will be on my bench, because i'm stupid enough to start torain.

so i'll lose my game by 3.

This has got to be one of the funniest posts I've read on this site in a while! Well played!

Update: Hightower Limited Practice Wednesday (shoulder).

That's a little more boost for Torain getting the majority of the work.