Sign in to follow this  
JackARoot

My son got in trouble for calling another student brown.

My twins just started Kindergarten this Fall. Friday, one came home with a note that he got in trouble for calling another student brown and then when he was scolded he made a face when the teacher turned her back. I'm guessing the face looked something like :rolleyes:

I asked him about it, and when he told me who the student was, I recognized the name as someone who he says is one of his best friends. I asked him why he called him brown and he said "Because he is." I asked him if he was saying it in a mean way and he said no.

Cripes, I guess you can't even describe someone's appearance under PC rules :thumbsdown:

My twins just started Kindergarten this Fall. Friday, one came home with a note that he got in trouble for calling another student brown and then when he was scolded he made a face when the teacher turned her back. I'm guessing the face looked something like :rolleyes:

I asked him about it, and when he told me who the student was, I recognized the name as someone who he says is one of his best friends. I asked him why he called him brown and he said "Because he is." I asked him if he was saying it in a mean way and he said no.

Cripes, I guess you can't even describe someone's appearance under PC rules :thumbsdown:

Tell him "sand negroid" might work better.

I forget the name of the game my son has but you got like 30 people all different looking, from hats, to beards, to gender and skin color.... your opponent draws a card and you ask questions and use process of elimination to find out who it is. Some are white, black and brown. I really can't think of a more politically correct way to tell him how to ask about skin color, white and black don't sound weird to me but admittedly I do feel kinda weird when he describes a skin color as brown. Maybe cuz poop is brown?

:music_guitarred:

The school the kids go to here use the word brown to describe their color. I thought that was the PC correct thing to do......guess not. :rolleyes:

Might as well call them niggers and get it over wiff! :music_guitarred:

That is simply unacceptable.

Teaching is the fall back occupation when someone shows they are incapable of toasting a hamburger bun.

Human Resources is the fall back occupation when someone shows they are incapable of toasting a hamburger bun.

:wave:

:wave:

You may be right, but it's still 7 circles of Hell above Meter Maid.

the person is a moron.

there is nothing wrong with calling someone brown. it's more accurate than calling someone black!

strange, no one corrected the little boy (or his parents) that called my daughter a ni99er when she was in kindergarten.

Yeah, I'm thinking a parent-teacher conference is in order. This is this teacher's first year, and we've been really happy with the other teachers in the school.

I just think it's the wrong message to send to both of the boys. First, my boy was probably confused as to why he was in trouble. I'm sure he said it in the same way that he might say a person is wearing a blue shirt.

Second, what about the other boy? Isn't the experience of seeing my son get in trouble sending him the message that there is something wrong with being brown, or being called brown? :dunno:

the person is a moron.

there is nothing wrong with calling someone brown. it's more accurate than calling someone black!

strange, no one corrected the little boy (or his parents) that called my daughter a ni99er when she was in kindergarten.

The 1950s were a totally different era sweetheart. :wave:

Second, what about the other boy? Isn't the experience of seeing my son get in trouble sending him the message that there is something wrong with being brown, or being called brown? :dunno:

Not at all. He just learned how to play the race card. :music_guitarred:

Not at all. He just learned how to play the race card. :music_guitarred:

:lol:

The 1950s were a totally different era sweetheart. :wave:

Correct! In the 50s "non whites" were called colored; today they are called people of color. We've come a long way.

Next time I apply for a job, instead of clicking "white," I'll click "other" and in the text box say "kinda peachy colored with a darker hue in late summer." :thumbsup:

I think you should go to the classroom and punch the teacher in the face in front of the children. :banana:

Funny.

Today my 7.5 yr old daughter mentioned her friend's teacher Mr. Thompson. Then that made her think of Keenan Thompson and she said "Keenan Thompson."

To be funny, I said "Your friend's teacher is Keenan Thompson?!!?"

She replied "No, daddy. Come on. Mr. Thompson is a white and Keenan Thompson is a black."

I thought the term African American sounded derogatory when people first started saying it. I'm still surprised blacks embrace it.

Funny.

Today my 7.5 yr old daughter mentioned her friend's teacher Mr. Thompson. Then that made her think of Keenan Thompson and she said "Keenan Thompson."

To be funny, I said "Your friend's teacher is Keenan Thompson?!!?"

She replied "No, daddy. Come on. Mr. Thompson is a white and Keenan Thompson is a black."

I think "a black" is racist. the "a" makes it so.

no one corrected the little boy (or his parents) that called my daughter a ni99er when she was in kindergarten.

It's my belief that if blacks didn't act like primitive savages then nobody would be calling them names. It's really sad the 95 percent have to ruin for the 5 percent of black people that are civilizied human beings.

I thought the term African American sounded derogatory when people first started saying it. I'm still surprised blacks embrace it.

They demanded it, I wonder what it will be next?

I think "a black" is racist. the "a" makes it so.

How about "a white"? Same thing?

:overhead: You people have no idea what racism is.