Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Tebow's worst game I can imagine

And he still ended up #10 in QB scoring in my league wk8

Discuss......

I just checked in the league I owned him. He finished 14th, with around 13 points.

Not that great considering 6 teams with relatively solid qbs were on a bye.

Bye Week Teams: Atlanta, Chicago, Green Bay, Oakland, New York Jets, Tampa Bay

I just checked in the league I owned him. He finished 14th, with around 13 points.

Not that great considering 6 teams with relatively solid qbs were on a bye.

Bye Week Teams: Atlanta, Chicago, Green Bay, Oakland, New York Jets, Tampa Bay

It's all relative, but he only scored approx. 3 below Brady, fraction above Rivers. I am guessing you may deduct more for turnovers than my league? And we get 6 pts for all TDs, but again it's all relative.

My original post was simply to show that even when he flat out stunk against a pretty decent defense, he would have been a respectable bye week filler.

I guess I am talking myself into him being my bye week filler this week :unsure: just seems his floor is so much higher than any other bye week fillers in fantasy

I'm getting more concerned with him getting yanked in the 1st half and not getting those garbage points at the end of the game he desperately needs.

I'm thinking of adding Tavaris Jackson or Sam Bradford to put in instead since Kolb is a big festering turd at this point.

Yeah, that's the risk with starting him. He's basically a really sh!tty QB and a RB2/goal line vulture back rolled into one. Those rushing yards he picks up gives him a nice floor, but that's not going to help him win. It's as though Joey Harrington and Lendale White had a love child.

I'm actually torn on starting him against OAK, not because of his INTs but because of OAK controlling the game with the rush and not running up the score enough to go into a full prevent def. I still expect him to clock in about 70 yards on the ground, though, so I'll probably play him regardless.

I am confident he can get me 20 pts in my league if he isn't yanked. I feel that's a real possibility and don't know if it's worth the risk as there are a few nice waiver QB matchups (Cassel, Bradford if healthy to name a couple)

I am confident he can get me 20 pts in my league if he isn't yanked. I feel that's a real possibility and don't know if it's worth the risk as there are a few nice waiver QB matchups (Cassel, Bradford if healthy to name a couple)

Just be prepared to move him after this week, in my opinion. Or out-right drop him in about 2-3 weeks.

Personally, I own Staff and Tebow, but I have a claim in for Cassel.

I think he's much safer vs the fins. Tebow has shown us absolutely nothing this year and his stats thus far are very fluky.

As bad as he was this past game, he still managed almost 15 pts in my league. The best available QB on the WW this week is Sanchez, who is predicted to do around 17 (espn).

I think I'll roll with Tebow (Stafford on bye) cuz I gotta believe he at least mirrors last weeks #s vs a D that isn't near as good as Detroit's.

I'm hoping for 20+, but will settle for 15.

I really don't think Oakland is going to be the team that gets Tebow benched mid-game. They have a decent defense and okay pass rush, but they've lost Shaugnessy, McClain is dinged up, and all the DBs besides Routt and Branch are below average. Good play this week? Absolutely. Going to stomp Denver the way Detroit did? Not likely. Play him if you got him, particularly with big names on bye (Cam, Stafford) and some bad matchups elsewhere (Fitzpatrick vs. Jets, Flacco/Roethlisberger in the Pitt/Baltimore game).

Just keep in mind all you people saying hes going to get benched.......hes going to get benched for Quinn. Orton is not going back in.

In other words....they wont bench him to play Brady effing Quinn when Quinn will not be the long term solution there.

Just keep in mind all you people saying hes going to get benched.......hes going to get benched for Quinn. Orton is not going back in.

In other words....they wont bench him to play Brady effing Quinn when Quinn will not be the long term solution there.

Brady quinn......sitting on the bench.......is better than tebow will ever be.

Tebow is 2-3 at Broncos starter the last two years.

Who's done better than that?

This in no way is correct. Quinn has done nothing in his career. Tebow is just getting his started. In NO way am i saying he will be great.....just saying the alternative wont be Orton coming back in.

I really don't think Oakland is going to be the team that gets Tebow benched mid-game. They have a decent defense and okay pass rush, but they've lost Shaugnessy, McClain is dinged up, and all the DBs besides Routt and Branch are below average. Good play this week? Absolutely. Going to stomp Denver the way Detroit did? Not likely. Play him if you got him, particularly with big names on bye (Cam, Stafford) and some bad matchups elsewhere (Fitzpatrick vs. Jets, Flacco/Roethlisberger in the Pitt/Baltimore game).

Sir, I like your moxy.

I am doing this.

Stafford owner here, starting Tebow vs OAK, and I would love to know:

who with a starting QB on bye is going with the usual krewe of bye week fill-ins - Cassel, Freeman, Ponder, McCoy, Beck, etc, etc. (and even Sanchez and Flacco have got some pretty lousy matchups) - and is starting them over Tebow?

Sir, I like your moxy.

I am doing this.

who with a starting QB on bye is going with the usual krewe of bye week fill-ins - Cassel, Freeman, Ponder, McCoy, Beck, etc, etc. (and even Sanchez and Flacco have got some pretty lousy matchups) - and is starting them over Tebow?

Multiple league Stafford owner.

I've got Sanchez in one league and Cassel/Tebow in another. Right now I feel safer with Cassel but Tebow probably has more upside.

I'm debating starting Tebow over Big Ben this week. I think the Steelers will play decent and we won't see a week 1 repeat, but I see Tebow with more upside (fantasy-wise of course).

Tebow is 2-3 at Broncos starter the last two years.

Who's done better than that?

Orton started 6-0 as the Bronco's starter.

Sir, I like your moxy.

I am doing this.

I'm pretty sure I'm starting Tebow over Roethlisberger this week, but I might change that up at the last minute.

As I kneel in prayer while I type this, I can only envision Richard Seymour pancaking Tebow repeatedly :overhead:

Orton started 6-0 as the Bronco's starter.

Right, I remember that. I said over the last two years, meaning 2010-11, or since Tebow came on board. Since then the other Broncos QB's are 4-14 as starters.

Right, I remember that. I said over the last two years, meaning 2010-11, or since Tebow came on board. Since then the other Broncos QB's are 4-14 as starters.

Ok, I'll spell it out. You're looking at his first 5 games as a starter. I'm sure you understand that a sample of 5 games isn't that much... Especially since the 2 games he won came against a horrible Texans team with the worst defense in the league, and a winless Dolphin team.

Ok, I'll spell it out. You're looking at his first 5 games as a starter. I'm sure you understand that a sample of 5 games isn't that much... Especially since the 2 games he won came against a horrible Texans team with the worst defense in the league, and a winless Dolphin team.

{Thanks; this is the original point from above:

"Just keep in mind all you people saying hes going to get benched.......hes going to get benched for Quinn. Orton is not going back in. In other words....they wont bench him to play Brady effing Quinn when Quinn will not be the long term solution there."

Another poster replies: "Brady quinn......sitting on the bench.......is better than tebow will ever be."}

I am just saying that Tebow has won more than any other Denver starter the last two years. They haven't played Quinn, they may not want to and they may not want to go back to Orton.

All your points about the defenses he has played and won versus are good, I'm just saying I don't care if a guy gets lucky and scores 20+ points in garbage time, by completing 1/3 of his passes, if he bounces passes off of three receivers to get a score, whatever, the guy scores FF points and he has actually won 2 out of 5 games which is better than Orton and we have all seen Quinn in Cleveland (and he was not that good and Denver leapfrogged Tebow over him to start anyway).

If you want to look at samples, making judgments on one game vs Detroit is a really small sample.

Oakland's defense right now is a lot closer to 2010 Houston's and Miami's than Detroit's: 25th vs the pass, 16th vs the run, 27th in total points allowed, 11th most FF points allowed to QB's, LB McClain may likely be out, they've got their own offensive problems with Palmer (6 INT's last week), etc.

I'm starting Tebow as my bye week guy for Newton/Stafford. I also picked up the Oakland D/ST to sub for the Lions D/ST. I figure I get the points regardless of what happens.

how can anyone in ff trust this guy? are you serious? the broncos want badly to figure out a pr-friendly way to bench his ass--and he's only gotten mediocre qb ff points the last two weeks in the waning minutes of the 4th-quarter.

the guy had NEGATIVE points going in my league until the MID-FOURTH QUARTER this past week. jesus.

how on earth can you keep trusting that?

Anyone else get the feeling where everything makes so much sense that the opposite is just going to happen?

Like when two top 5 offenses play and it ends up being a defensive game?

Or when New Orleans gets stomped by the Rams?

Is Tebow putting up 300/1 30/1 this week like he did last year since he's supposed to get sacked 5 times and throw 3 INTs?

Did I just jinx it?

how can anyone in ff trust this guy? are you serious? the broncos want badly to figure out a pr-friendly way to bench his ass--and he's only gotten mediocre qb ff points the last two weeks in the waning minutes of the 4th-quarter.

the guy had NEGATIVE points going in my league until the MID-FOURTH QUARTER this past week. jesus.

how on earth can you keep trusting that?

Man, I don't know what to tell you.

I started him in 2 leagues two weeks ago: result = 2 wins, 22.9 points, 7th best QB. That's a pretty good bye week fill in for Brady and Vick.

Week before that in like a quarter of play he put up 19 points.

Last week he got destroyed, still put up 13 points and frankly if that had come from a *good game from Cassel (like last week vs SD) I would not have been surprised.

2010 he comes in for 5 plays in one game, he gets 2 TD's.

3 full games last year he puts up 10 TD's and something like 24 FF points per game.

Yeah this may be a game of Russian Roulette like that scene from The Deer Hunter (because he could get benched) but he has a hell of a lot more upside than Cassel and it's not like he's playing the Lions again this week.