Sign in to follow this  
ACL's

Chris Johnson Owner Support Group

Public Service Announcement:

I am a Chris Johnson owner and I still have value as a human. My self-worth is not tied to Chris Johnson's 12 carries and 28 yards. I'm a Chris Johnson owner, and darn it, I'm not bitter. If you would like to join the CJOSG, you may do it within your own self-pity or post the same drivel as I have. Come in, we will not judge your stupidity.

You know, if Sally Struthers had a fantasy football team, she would continue to start Johnson. And, darn it, that would be okay. Me, I have a trade pending and may have to resign from the post. No matter, please have this thread cleared by October 2012 for the Cam Newton Owner Support Group.

(I'm sorry if you showed here as a Reggie Wayne owner looking for relief. That could be in another thread some day. I would be the first to join.)

Thank you for creating a place to come to, & be around people in similar situations.

I also traded him.... For Michael Vick.

My QBs were Cutler and Hasselbeck...

Still have Mcfadden fjax and battle...

Damn I held onto CJ, I still feel I need support

i am also a chris johnson owner and im 5-3. I have also been starting him every week in combo with gore and its been working out. I have scored high points in my league once and if it wasnt for him, im sure it would have been more. I have also lost 2 of my 3 games by less than 10pts and if only he would have been who i thought he was, i could be that much better. I have also drafted and lost jamal charles so im making due with what i have and trades are a big help.

If it wasnt for injuries though, i would not be able to play mbush this week. I also have mtolbert but i believe denvers def is worse than GB. This will be the first week i dont start CJ so hopefully he picks t up for the rest of you. Im ok with him blowing up on my bench as long as the blowup symbolizes the beginning of the rest of the season for him. Players in my league are making offers for him but i feel like they are taking advantage of me. The Mcfadden owner wants CJ and either bush/tolbert for djax ... lolz no way i pull the trigger on that. Ill wait it out and watch him do nada all year.

My team would be better if i just bench him, but cant do it. I would love to bench cj, move Battle from flex to RB1, and use Nate Washington(yup over cj, i have Hasselback) at flex. Just cant seem to do it. NO ONE is talking trades to me, every counter leaves cj out. Its funny, I was happy to see him at fourth overall, no brainer kinda thing.

I put him on the block last night. Received two offers:

1. BJGE for CJ2K

2. J. Best for CJ2K

Help me... :cry:

I got a Pierre Thomas for CJ offer :cry:

Fantasy owners can at least take solace that they didn't fork over $56 million for him like the Titans did.

A sad statistic though:

Cam Newton has rushed for 17 more yards than Chris Johnson.

Fantasy owners can at least take solace that they didn't fork over $56 million for him like the Titans did.

A sad statistic though:

Cam Newton has rushed for 17 more yards than Chris Johnson.

Not a fair comparison CJ2K already had his bye and Cam has not, so cam has played 8 games to cj 7

Not a fair comparison CJ2K already had his bye and Cam has not, so cam has played 8 games to cj 7

Great point. After this week Johnson will have Newton by 5 yards.

Edit: Oh, uh, sorry. I am a Chris Johnson owner but I'm not bitter. :)

At what point in the season do you stop telling yourself that and realize he is what he is? :dunno:

As I have mentioned on here before, I am in the Tennessee market and I have watched all of his games and listened to all the local talk. The final straw was one carry last week where he had a very nice seam and just couldn't or wouldn't hit it. Ringer had the same seam later and carried with much more energy for 8 or 9 yards. That's when I decided it was over for 2011. Now, that said, who the heck knows, maybe he will bounce back in some fashion. I've thought that he just needed to be given the rock over and over like Fisher did last year and that he would break loose. But that doesn't seem to be happening and Ringer is getter more and more carries. He is just not running with energy at all. It's just half way through the season and the one thing you can expect from the NFL is the unexpected, but I just can't see him getting it going. Maybe he will.

I'm in. It feels like we should begin our posts like we're at an AA meeting: "Hello, my name is Buck and I'm a CJ0K owner."

I've also worked through The Five Stages of Grief:

1) Denial - "He missed the preseason due to the hold out, he'll come around." "The guy is only 26 years old and just had over 2,000 yards rushing in 2009." "It's not him, it's his O-line."

2) Anger - "WTF is wrong with this turd?" "How many times do I have to watch this poosay curl up in a little ball at the first sign of contact? :mad: " "This POS needs to be punched in those goofy gold teef!"

3) Bargaining - "Maybe his name value will get me a decent return in a trade? Guess not." "Is the Nugent for CJ0K offer I received after the Indy game a fair trade? Could be a shark move on my part. :lol:"

4) Depression - "What an idiot I am for 'buying low' on him after Week 2 in my bigger money league." "How could I pass on Foster with the 4th pick in my other league?"

5) Acceptance - "Gotta move along, I'm still 4-4 in both leagues. He is what he is, a bust." "He's a good guy to stash on the bench. If nothing else he still has higher upside than anyone on the WW."

While I was obviously joking with the above, writing it out like that was somewhat cathartic in an odd way. All I know is in my 15 years of playing FF I can't remember a bigger non-injury bust relative to their ADP. I would rather have been a Charles owner, at least they could move on. Instead most of us CJ0K owners have started him all year and were rewarded with bench guys outscoring him almost every week (at least in my case). I'd like nothing more than to bench him, but unfortunately due to injuries and byes I have to start him again this week. Fock it, so much for AA, I need a drink! :cheers:

At what point in the season do you stop telling yourself that and realize he is what he is? :dunno:

He's not Steve Slaton. He has three years of solid production behind him, if you include a 1000 yard season while splitting with LenWhale.

He's too young to be broken down, he has a decent QB, and few top WR and TE options dragging his opportunities away. Cook and Washington are okay, but not amazing by any stretch.

The problem is either 1) his head [$$, sense of entitlement, distractions], or 2) conditioning, or 3) an evolving offense. Or, a combination of these factors. All of these can, and likely will be remedied, as the season progresses.

You just don't have three bomb-tacular seasons and then just bomb. He might never get 2000 yards again...but right now he has nowhere to go but up - and up he will go, barring injury.

I'm in. It feels like we should begin our posts like we're at an AA meeting: "Hello, my name is Buck and I'm a CJ0K owner."

I've also worked through The Five Stages of Grief:

1) Denial - "He missed the preseason due to the hold out, he'll come around." "The guy is only 26 years old and just had over 2,000 yards rushing in 2009." "It's not him, it's his O-line."

2) Anger - "WTF is wrong with this turd?" "How many times do I have to watch this poosay curl up in a little ball at the first sign of contact? :mad: " "This POS needs to be punched in those goofy gold teef!"

3) Bargaining - "Maybe his name value will get me a decent return in a trade? Guess not." "Is the Nugent for CJ0K offer I received after the Indy game a fair trade? Could be a shark move on my part. :lol:"

4) Depression - "What an idiot I am for 'buying low' on him after Week 2 in my bigger money league." "How could I pass on Foster with the 4th pick in my other league?"

5) Acceptance - "Gotta move along, I'm still 4-4 in both leagues. He is what he is, a bust." "He's a good guy to stash on the bench. If nothing else he still has higher upside than anyone on the WW."

While I was obviously joking with the above, writing it out like that was somewhat cathartic in an odd way. All I know is in my 15 years of playing FF I can't remember a bigger non-injury bust relative to their ADP. I would rather have been a Charles owner, at least they could move on. Instead most of us CJ0K owners have started him all year and were rewarded with bench guys outscoring him almost every week (at least in my case). I'd like nothing more than to bench him, but unfortunately due to injuries and byes I have to start him again this week. Fock it, so much for AA, I need a drink! :cheers:

LOL!!! Great post. Exactly why I started this thread. Sharing the pain. :)

That a rookie QB is even close to his totals with 40 less carries makes a fine comparison to how bad he's sucked.

thought I got a deal when he kept dropping... taking him on the 1.12/2.1 turn seemed like Gold...

:(

still not out of it at 3w-5l though, and if he actually does anything productive the second half, my team's a legit contender.

I gots ta' hope and pray on CJ.

As I have mentioned on here before, I am in the Tennessee market and I have watched all of his games and listened to all the local talk. The final straw was one carry last week where he had a very nice seam and just couldn't or wouldn't hit it. Ringer had the same seam later and carried with much more energy for 8 or 9 yards. That's when I decided it was over for 2011. Now, that said, who the heck knows, maybe he will bounce back in some fashion. I've thought that he just needed to be given the rock over and over like Fisher did last year and that he would break loose. But that doesn't seem to be happening and Ringer is getter more and more carries. He is just not running with energy at all. It's just half way through the season and the one thing you can expect from the NFL is the unexpected, but I just can't see him getting it going. Maybe he will.

He's not Steve Slaton. He has three years of solid production behind him, if you include a 1000 yard season while splitting with LenWhale.

He's too young to be broken down, he has a decent QB, and few top WR and TE options dragging his opportunities away. Cook and Washington are okay, but not amazing by any stretch.

The problem is either 1) his head [$$, sense of entitlement, distractions], or 2) conditioning, or 3) an evolving offense. Or, a combination of these factors. All of these can, and likely will be remedied, as the season progresses.

You just don't have three bomb-tacular seasons and then just bomb. He might never get 2000 yards again...but right now he has nowhere to go but up - and up he will go, barring injury.

I agree with you ACLs. I also live in Tennessee and have watched all of the games this season and have seen the same thing you have. Ringer seems to always fight for those extra yards and it looks like johnson is playing two hand touch out there. Maybe he will get it going but I have a hard time seeing it getting much better this season.

I also think you are on point EG. I think its a head thing/sense of entitlement. CJ has always been quick to brag on himself and I feel did not give the credit deserved to his OL the past couple seasons. He seems like an entitled jerk who thinks he can do no wrong. Now he has gotten his paycheck and his fame and seems to be content to just give 50% and cash his checks. I think he can get over it and may be worth trading for in a keeper league but I wouldn't want to give much at all for him at this point. Unless you are desperate and want to buy a lottery ticket I would stay away from him. I could definitely be wrong but just my 2 cents.

I kept McFadden from last year, and grabbed CJ with my first pick. I thought I was going to roll right through my league with those two. Instead, I'm 2-6 and unless I hit a winning streak, have no chance for the playoffs. So this week, I was going to finally bench CJ for good, but then McFadden is still broken, Chris Wells is hobbled, so I have no choice. I can't quit him :(

In reality, as most know, CJ has been a home run hitter in his few years as a Titan. Nothing wrong with that necessarily if your motor is running. But what we have now is Mark McGwire with no power. He's a ground out to short, a strike out, or possibly a single off the wall. A 25 to 30 carry game would tell us all we need to know about him. It would either be terribly ugly (26 carries, 42 yards) or he would get it going late (27 carries, 123 yards). And the big thing with him this year is he is not scoring at all. When Lenwhale left and he started to get goal line carries, that's when he became a top fantasy back. He also got touches in the passing game last year and the ones he gets this year are screens where he needs to break a tackle but just can't. I think he rebounds in 2012 with something decent. But 2011? Man, just can't see it happening. Maybe it will.

In reality, as most know, CJ has been a home run hitter in his few years as a Titan. Nothing wrong with that necessarily if your motor is running. But what we have now is Mark McGwire with no power. He's a ground out to short, a strike out, or possibly a single off the wall. A 25 to 30 carry game would tell us all we need to know about him. It would either be terribly ugly (26 carries, 42 yards) or he would get it going late (27 carries, 123 yards). And the big thing with him this year is he is not scoring at all. When Lenwhale left and he started to get goal line carries, that's when he became a top fantasy back. He also got touches in the passing game last year and the ones he gets this year are screens where he needs to break a tackle but just can't. I think he rebounds in 2012 with something decent. But 2011? Man, just can't see it happening. Maybe it will.

Baseball sucks, and so does CJ2YPC. Although it would seem they would need to get the run game going to make a decent playoff run. The team is in contention, but they are not the Pack, they need to get productive on the ground (o-line isn't helping much), at least that's what I keep telling myself.....Fortunate to be 5-3, but have dropped 2 straight by <5 points with Christine in the line up. Hopefully most of you have Ringer as well. Someone has to step up....

I haven't seen much of him this year, but unless Chris Johnson has lost a step or two this discussion is ludicrous.

I don't own him (owner in our league is laughing at all offers) but all of you who owned 401k's worth more than a few thousand back in Sep 2008 know what to do. You just gotta ride it out.

Hi, my name is Gratefulegg, and I'm a Chris Johnson owner.

I drafted him in a keeper league as a rookie. At first it was incredible. Watching him dart 85 yds for TDs every week was awesome. His second season, he single-handidly won me my league. I thought to myself 'this is going to be great for years to come.'

I guess things started to change around the middle of last season. Gone were the long TDs I've grown to love. But he was still at least usually able to grind out 80yds and a TD or two. I guess I chose to ignore his decline, and I found myself making lots of excuses (Jeff Fisher sucks, O-line is bad, etc).

After suffering through mental and emotional breakdowns watching him become the bust of the year this season, I finally have the courage to admit that I"m ready to move on. Unfortunately, I also have the only man who may be a bigger pud than CJ (Peyton Hillis), so I may chase the dragon once more this week.

Thank god, I'm only using him as my flex every week, so I can rotate him in and out of the lineup depending on matchup. He's sitting this week though, since CIN has a decent run defense. But I'm not trading him if all I get in return is the aforementioned BJGE or Best .

I'm glad i chose Ray Rice over CJ. I would've dropped him by now.

U guys have been really patient. I hope that patience pays off these last 5-6 weeks of the season.

Hello, my name is Veebs4, and I am not a CJ owner, but I drafted for someone who is. The guilt is starting to get overwhelming, especially considering he is my brother in law, and:

1. I also drafted Hillis

2. I also drafted Romo

On the upside he has the best WR tandem in the league (Jennings/Calvin), but that hasn't helped him enough (2-5-1).

After the draft, I liked his team more than mine. Do they have an anti-dancing banana? I deserve one.

I drafted CJ with the first overall pick. It was a beautiful night. I could hear seagulls in the distance. I did not want AP because of McNabb. I thought teams would put 10 in the box and not even cover some WRs. Arian foster and his damn hammy tweet. What would you do? Don't judge. I even thought without training camp, CJ might be even more fresh and ready to go hard the whole season.

16 team league $500 buy in. I am 3 - 5 and CJ sits on my bench now behind Battle and Fred Jackson. I envy my neighbors everytime Arian and AP goes off. I want to kill them.

This is my pennance for years of debauchery. Damn strippers, alcoholism, cheating, gambling, counterfeiting, smuggling, smoking, fighting, and jaywalking. CJ is my atonement for all of my sins. I hear the theme from Rocky building up with every keystroke. I was like Job and God is just punishing me. My team has burned at the stake but I will arise form the ashes of mediocrity and soar once again (Next year.)

Thank you for this opportunity. The first step to my recovery is accepting it is not my fault. I am now crying like Matt Damon on Good Will Hunting.

Hi everyone, my name is Jackjohn and I did not draft CJ2K. But I did trade for him. After week 1 I needed another rb. So I gave F. Jones, S. Green, M. Thomas & L. Moore for Foster/CJ2K and Austin. I was hoping he would give up Foster but alas I am now a member of this club.

It has not been all bad as I drafted AP,Matthews and Hillis. After I traded for CJ2K, I followed this boards recommendations and found Hillis expendable due to his schedule. So off Hillis went for Megatron.

I was all ready to sit CJ2K, but Thanks Matthews went down earlier this week. So here I sit, I have to count on S. Jax, CJ2K and Finley to show up for this week.

I know Cin has a good run def, but I hold out hope. He has the ability, I just hope he uses it this week.

Thank you.

Hi everyone, my name is Jackjohn and I did not draft CJ2K. But I did trade for him. After week 1 I needed another rb. So I gave F. Jones, S. Green, M. Thomas & L. Moore for Foster/CJ2K and Austin. I was hoping he would give up Foster but alas I am now a member of this club.

It has not been all bad as I drafted AP,Matthews and Hillis. After I traded for CJ2K, I followed this boards recommendations and found Hillis expendable due to his schedule. So off Hillis went for Megatron.

I was all ready to sit CJ2K, but Thanks Matthews went down earlier this week. So here I sit, I have to count on S. Jax, CJ2K and Finley to show up for this week.

I know Cin has a good run def, but I hold out hope. He has the ability, I just hope he uses it this week.

Thank you.

After Week 4 I offered Michael Vick straight up for CJ and was rejected. That you Lord.