Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

Cheating commish ?s

One of our Commishs got caught changing his line up about 2'oclock yesterday, and come to find out he has done it a few times. Going over the transactions in questions, we notices that he has done it several times. None of them affect outcome of game, but his total points is bout 90/100 points more then it should be and we pay out total points winners. He is currently third.

Long standing dynasty league (10+ yrs) and he is original member.what do we do? Obviously we took away his commissioner access but do we

1) ask him not to come back next year?

2) forgive/forget and he just isn't commish anymore?

3) something else?

It's Internet league with no real personal relationships -few groups of guys that are friends. but not as whole.

Obviously the guy feels like crap and since apologized, and we all liked guy even though we don't really know him. (I'm the only one who knows the guy personally -he got me in league bout 5 yrs ago. )

Personally he is done as commish. If the rest of the league is ok with him remaining in the league for future seasons, so be it, but I think it should be unaminous. As for the payout, that is a different story. It would be a logistical nightmare to try and figure out how the points should have been split to determine the correct sequence of standings. So, the league will have to discuss and come up with a solution. One would be to have this guy forfiet and the payout goes to the next guy in the standings even though that may not have been how it would have ended up.

Depending on how much money we are talking about, I think if possible (local league where everyone is close by), put the money towards a get toghether for an end of the season thing or a spring, summer activity. That way everyone gets to benefit from this money (even the guy who screwed up). He has a lot of kissing ass to do if you ask me. I really have hard time with dishonesty of this type, even if it is just a for fun league with a little money involved.

He feels like crap only because he got caught. If he truly cared, he wouldn't do something so low to begin with. Personally, I think you ask him not to come back next year. If he is capable of doing something like this (SEVERAL times), he could be capable of pulling some other shady moves, even without commish access. I wouldn't want someone like that in my league.

Very weird situation..Obviously cant be trusted but do you guys feel ok with him staying in the league? (I wouldnt) but thats the question..

He only apologized because he got caught. He would have taken the money and smiled if nobody caught on. Out of the league.

I'd kick him out of the league, and as someone else said, move the person from 4th up to 3rd for standings/winnings purposes. The guy was cheating, and now feels sorry for it? Only because he got caught. When he was doing it, I'm sure he was laughing his tail off at how nobody noticed what he was doing. Why keep someone like that around?

He only apologized because he got caught. He would have taken the money and smiled if nobody caught on. Out of the league.

Isn't that the reason everyone apologizes? because they got caught? Lol we are going to a league vote and I'll personally vote -let him stay just no commish status obviously. We have another commish so league won't miss a beat

Undo the damage and let him remain commissioner. He's now the least likely to try anything like this again. Okay, forget the commissioner thing. To kick the guy out of the league, you would obviously need to put it to a vote. So that would seem to be the answer - unless you alone get to make the decision. And if his future in the league is actually put to a vote, I'm guessing he beats you to the punch and quits.

i say penalize him for next year with draft picks and have him forefeit his position this year...go through who he swapped and readjust the points.

no commish status next year.

He feels like crap only because he got caught.

Bingo....... As far as next year - the hell with asking him not to come back, flat out tell him he's out. I have no desire to be in a leauge with somebody who would steal from me.

Isn't that the reason everyone apologizes? because they got caught? Lol we are going to a league vote and I'll personally vote -let him stay just no commish status obviously. We have another commish so league won't miss a beat

It pays to cheat people like you because there is no consequence to being caught. :thumbsup:

It pays to cheat people like you because there is no consequence to being caught. :thumbsup:

I'm a push over I know that. It's because I know him, if I didn't I'd be in front of line screaming "off with his head" lol

Is his name Frank Luciota?

Once a cheat always a cheat (in some form).

I'd find a replacement on the down low. Then at next year's Draft, tell him he's out at the last minute.

I hate f'ing cheaters!

Bingo....... As far as next year - the hell with asking him not to come back, flat out tell him he's out. I have no desire to be in a leauge with somebody who would steal from me.

That is what I meant say. I just used Portis' words of "ask him not to come back next year." But if he refused, I think the league should still make the decision to kick him out.

I'd kick him out of the league, and as someone else said, move the person from 4th up to 3rd for standings/winnings purposes. The guy was cheating, and now feels sorry for it? Only because he got caught. When he was doing it, I'm sure he was laughing his tail off at how nobody noticed what he was doing. Why keep someone like that around?

+2 No question about it he needs to go.

If he has cheated multiple times the chances of him cheating again are very good. There are many ways to cheat without being in the commish spot. Kick him out and inform him how much of a scumbag/douche he is for affecting others by cheating.

Wasnt going to start another cheating thread so ill add my question in this thread.

OK in 12 team keeper league that plays all 17 weeks and redraft for playoffs starting during NFL playoffs.

Guy with Rodgers is one game up in division and if he wins he clinches bye which of course is huge cause Rodgers wont be available in round 1. A guy drops Fitzpatrick Wednesday claiming someone else so the Rodgers owner claims him today. The guy in 2nd complained alittle bit.

So then today the guy in 2nd picked up Royster and Cook earlier in day and later dropped them both. In ESPN if they not on roster for certain time they remain FA. So a minute later the guy who is playing the Rodgers owner picked up both Royster and Cook :shocking: Thats about as clear cut collusion as you can get if you ask me.

What should happen to the guy in 2nd who is helping the opponent of the 1st place team?? :dunno:

Wasnt going to start another cheating thread so ill add my question in this thread.

OK in 12 team keeper league that plays all 17 weeks and redraft for playoffs starting during NFL playoffs.

Guy with Rodgers is one game up in division and if he wins he clinches bye which of course is huge cause Rodgers wont be available in round 1. A guy drops Fitzpatrick Wednesday claiming someone else so the Rodgers owner claims him today. The guy in 2nd complained alittle bit.

So then today the guy in 2nd picked up Royster and Cook earlier in day and later dropped them both. In ESPN if they not on roster for certain time they remain FA. So a minute later the guy who is playing the Rodgers owner picked up both Royster and Cook :shocking: Thats about as clear cut collusion as you can get if you ask me.

What should happen to the guy in 2nd who is helping the opponent of the 1st place team?? :dunno:

Anyone have any opinions or ideas what to do?? By the way did i mention the guy who is in 1st with Rodgers is also the commish :lol: I told him i would not want to be in his shoes cause what ever he rules will probably help him. Also if the 2nd place team got dealth penalty it would give me a chance to make playoffs so im voting for DEATH :cheers:

He feels like crap only because he got caught. If he truly cared, he wouldn't do something so low to begin with. Personally, I think you ask him not to come back next year. If he is capable of doing something like this (SEVERAL times), he could be capable of pulling some other shady moves, even without commish access. I wouldn't want someone like that in my league.

This.

This.

Come on man i need some help :dunno:

Come on man i need some help :dunno:

I hate leaguewide votes on trades and acquisitions, but I think this will require a league vote. Otherwise, the two shady guys will not accept the commissioner's judgement.

I hate leaguewide votes on trades and acquisitions, but I think this will require a league vote. Otherwise, the two shady guys will not accept the commissioner's judgement.

Yeah i agree. Especially since the move was made to hurt the commish who would be ruling on it and whatever he would decides is more than likely gonna help his team.

Im glad this did not happen in league im commish in cause id be really pissed and probably give them both the death penalty.

But what do you vote on??

1-disqualify both of them

2-fine both of them extra $

3-both just lose this week

4-do nothing

How so? He picked people up, changed his mind and cut them, and then another grabbed them. Happens all the time. If it's legal, which this has to be for it to go through, then I cannot see how you can possibly say it's against the rules let alone "clear cut collusion."

How so? He picked people up, changed his mind and cut them, and then another grabbed them. Happens all the time. If it's legal, which this has to be for it to go through, then I cannot see how you can possibly say it's against the rules let alone "clear cut collusion."

Do you really believe someone could pick up 2 players at say around 1pm then drop them 3 hours later at 4:37 PM and ONE MINUTE later the guy picks up both players? :nono:

And thhe guy that picked those players just happens to be the opponent who is playing vs the guy he needs to lose :lol:

Thats pretty damn funny. Im sure he just hit refresh exactly when the players were dropped. :thumbsup:

Kick the cheater out of the league. He forfeits any right to any money this year. Just bump the next guy up to his position. Problem solved.

This

I think he is leaning toward doing nothing?? :shocking:

If i was in his position i would take a vote on it and rule tonight. I think it is complete and total bullshit. I would have a hard time disqualifying them but i think thats the best option. But thats hard when they are friends but hell you can not do what they did. What you gonna make them take the people back and say if happens again they done? Hell they broke the biggest rule in fantasy football right in front of everyone.

Kick the cheater out of the league. He forfeits any right to any money this year. Just bump the next guy up to his position. Problem solved.

i very rarely agree with this guy but

yes, this

Just a thought,

While I doubt this is what happened here, I have a phone app that alerts me the moment a player on my "watch list" is dropped. If the Rodgers owner, for instance, made a wrong click and inadvertently dropped him, I could - with some really fast button punching - have him on my roster before the owner could get through the normal process of reinstating him. The phone app is more streamlined and does this faster than the 'puter.

As these apps improve, and they will, and more people take to using them, it's likely we'll be seeing more bang-bang drop/adds down the road. But again, I don't think this was the case here.

Just a thought,

While I doubt this is what happened here, I have a phone app that alerts me the moment a player on my "watch list" is dropped. If the Rodgers owner, for instance, made a wrong click and inadvertently dropped him, I could - with some really fast button punching - have him on my roster before the owner could get through the normal process of reinstating him. The phone app is more streamlined and does this faster than the 'puter.

As these apps improve, and they will, and more people take to using them, it's likely we'll be seeing more bang-bang drop/adds down the road. But again, I don't think this was the case here.

which app are you referring to? PM me if you don't want to blurt it out to everyone.

thanks

Just a thought,

Thats pretty cool. It must work like your watch list? If you have a guy on list and he is dropped or something it alerts you?

Yeah no way in hell this happened in this case. I posted a message stating my thoughts on the BS that went down. These are some of the ideas i put out there. Since it happened to the Commish im surprised he will not come down hard but he is alot nicer than me.

1-Kick both out immediately? MAYBE TO HARSH

2-disqualify them both for remainder of year? THIS IS WHAT I THINK SHOULD HAPPEN

3-both ineligible to win any money? NOT GOOD

4-fine them? NOT GOOD WHERE WOULD MONEY GO?

5-have this week be a LOSS? WOULD HURT THE GUY WHO PICKED UP PLAYERS ALOT MORE SO NOT OPTION

6-take a draft pick or two away? THIS WOULD REALLY HURT BUT WHO'S TO SAY THEY DONT JUST QUIT

7-combination of a couple of these?

Well now i am getting bitched at because i am complaining about the 2 guys who dropped and added the 2 players. :wacko: One guy said he does not care because it did not effect him. That is not the focking point.