Aaron Rodgers

Maurice Jones-Drew

Matt Forte

Calvin Johnson

Chris Johnson

Darren McFadden

Drew Brees

Frank Gore

What do you guys think? Gore, CJ, and McFadden seem like pretty big risks.

What about Charles, Tuner, Mendenhall, Murray, Helu, Gronk, and Graham?

In my opinion WR will go later than in 2011.

I want J Charles before Gore and McFadden.

And I know it has to do with how my league is set up, scoring...etc, but my #1 would be Rodgers.

You know Todd Haley finally got run out of KC.

Jamaal Charles in my top 5 next year. The new coach will realize he's got a better RB than Thomas Jones on the roster and likey make Charles a 3 down back.

If Jamaal becomes a 25 touch RB, he could easily finish the season #1 in fantasy.

injury concerns will keep mathews out of the first round

yet Mcfadden and Charles are being mentioned?

pot meet kettle

guess who else misses more games this year then Mathews

Forte although I hope more people think like that, Id love to take him late 1st early 2nd

hes this years Ray Rice.

My league's scoring system makes QBs extremely valuable. Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Newton will all be taken in the first round next year. They have carried some teams in our league this year.

I think my biggest debate is the value of Jamaal Charles. I'm a believer in his talent and I love the situation with Haley gone and every KC RB proving worthless. I owned him this year, and am willing to go as high as #6........ I think.

Good luck with all that.

good reply, that added insight.

Mathews is the ONLY RB starting RB that is avg over 5 ypc that will go over 1000 yards

Tolbert is a free agent

SD offense still scores a ton

notice the last 3 games, how well the offense has done, notice that Mathews has been a huge part of that success

a new Coach (Cowher, Fisher, Gruden) are well known for establishing the running game to set up the pass.

Rivers is much better in play action when Mathews is on the field

its a crapshoot at RB's anyways, but this is the outside the top 10 guy that can easily break into the top 5

Megatron and AJ both fall to the 2nd next year.....as they should.

Heck, I would rather have Gronk or Graham....unstoppable, durable, AND consistent

Marshawn still not getting any respect? Talented, fairly young, and the rare back that gets the majority of his teams carries and goal line. Im taking him over many of the RBs already mentioned

Gostkowski has more fantasy points than Calvin Johnson in my league. Plus he's a TE, which are much harder to find than WR's

Gostkowski has more fantasy points than Calvin Johnson in my league. Plus he's a TE, which are much harder to find than WR's

Agreed... Stephen Gostowski should be drafted no later than the 3rd.

Gostkowski has more fantasy points than Calvin Johnson in my league.

Yes, good kickers should be drafted early. However, in my standard scoring league, Gotskowski has 114 to Megatrons 175.

Lol Gronkowski

Too many polish names to keep straight.

I think my biggest debate is the value of Jamaal Charles. I'm a believer in his talent and I love the situation with Haley gone and every KC RB proving worthless. I owned him this year, and am willing to go as high as #6........ I think.

Usually takes a full year to fully recover from an ACL, especially with his running style - might want to factor that in.

Usually takes a full year to fully recover from an ACL, especially with his running style - might want to factor that in.

Does the early season ACL injury make much of a difference for backs coming off an ACL injury? Obviously its better than if he tore it late in the season but how much of a benefit does he get from an early tear. I can't wait to see what he looks like in the preseaon, but he's likely to going to receive enough carries to learn anything significant about him.

Never thought I'd say this.

Shonn Greene. :shocking:

No way. That dude is the poster child for inconsistency. I have him and Benson backing up CJ, and every week was like Sophie's choice for RB2. One of em was gonna hang decent numbers, but which?

Shhhh hoping everyone keeps being stupid

Couple things...

1) Charles... ACL procedures are MUCH better than they were 10 years ago. We'll just have to watch reports of "swelling" as camp starts up. If he's still experiencing swelling at that point, I'd stay far away.

2) McFadden... you guys are kidding right? McFadden has been having foot problems since the get. If it isn't turf toe, it's a foot sprain, linsfrac, etc. etc. He's an absolute beast when he's on the field, but he is NEVER on the field. Drafting him as any more than a low end RB2 is fantasy suicide.

3) Chris Johnson... I'll pass. He might return to form, but his true colors have come out this year. He has all the talent in the world, but lacks an IQ and work ethic. That killer instinct is intangible. See less talented guys like Beast Mode and Fred Jackson as an example.

3) The 2 TE's... I can see the argument, but one of the first rules of FF is never draft guys after a career year. While I don't see either of them falling off a cliff, I wouldn't use a 1st or 2nd on them. Both team are well known for spreading the ball around, so that also has to be considered.

You know Todd Haley finally got run out of KC.

Jamaal Charles in my top 5 next year. The new coach will realize he's got a better RB than Thomas Jones on the roster and likey make Charles a 3 down back.

If Jamaal becomes a 25 touch RB, he could easily finish the season #1 in fantasy.

Charles is going to underperform the first half of the FF season due to coming back from injury. Think about the recent ACL injuries: Brady, Welker, etc. had okay but not great seasons after the ACL tear. I read a football player once talk about the fact that you have to get used to the knee NEVER feeling quite the same after ACL surgery. Charles might light it up down the stretch and if he's in good shape would be an AWESOME option for 2013.

So, you have to weigh whether a slump for the first 10 weeks of 2012 is acceptable, IMO, if you are looking to draft Charles.

I think anyone banking on Jamaal Charles being 100% by the start of the season is being very optimistic. He claims he is "ahead of schedule," but he will be the biggest story to follow next preseason.

Couple things...

1) Charles... ACL procedures are MUCH better than they were 10 years ago. We'll just have to watch reports of "swelling" as camp starts up. If he's still experiencing swelling at that point, I'd stay far away.

2) McFadden... you guys are kidding right? McFadden has been having foot problems since the get. If it isn't turf toe, it's a foot sprain, linsfrac, etc. etc. He's an absolute beast when he's on the field, but he is NEVER on the field. Drafting him as any more than a low end RB2 is fantasy suicide.

3) Chris Johnson... I'll pass. He might return to form, but his true colors have come out this year. He has all the talent in the world, but lacks an IQ and work ethic. That killer instinct is intangible. See less talented guys like Beast Mode and Fred Jackson as an example.

Note) The 2 TE's... I can see the argument, but one of the first rules of FF is never draft guys after a career year. While I don't see either of them falling off a cliff, I wouldn't use a 1st or 2nd on them. Both team are well known for spreading the ball around, so that also has to be considered.

On your TE analysis and career year rule ......and nobody would have drafted rogers or foster in first round....or mccoy or charles or megaton. In fact you can't draft those guys next year cause they had another career year.

I would throw away that rulebook you follow.

Its only graham and gronks second year....sky is limit with their freak skills and elite QBs

Foster

Mccoy

Rice

Peterson

Rogers

Mjd

Chris J

Forte

Calvin

Charles

Murray

Matthews

It all depends on the news coming out of camp for charles for his adp. Matthews is going to be a yardage machine like forte especially if tolbert leaves. Murray has FREAKISH talent and has As good a shot at the top 5 as any current rb not in the top 5. If CJ finishes strong he will prob be drafted more based off of name. Brady could squeeze in there depending on scoring.