Sign in to follow this  
hoydogg

week 16 def/st

Currently starting Bengals against the Cards. I'm not sure I feel too safe about it. Skelton has looked competent, and Clemens threw for over 200 yards plus a touchdown. The other teams available are KC vs. Oak, Den vs. Buf, or Wash vs. Min. What say you?

I like Denver in a bounceback game vs BUF, don't trust Spiller to have a repeat performance.

CIN isn't a bad play, though. Not sure if I'd jump off that ship.

I currently own both Denver and Cinci D's going into the championship game. Skelton has look OK but if Kolb is healthy it sounds like they will give him the start. Cinci's D didn't produce nearly as much as I had hoped this week. They have given up a lot of yards recently. The major factor will be what the weather will be like. If it is windy and freezing cold it could be an advantage against Arizona. If the weather is nice I will go with the Broncos. They will play ball control eating up clock time and Stevie Johnson has a gimpy groin.

Jacksonville should be a good play against Tennessee. Titans made the Colts defense look good last week. Only thing that makes me hesitate is game is at Tennessee

I thought PIT was a great play until tonight. :shocking:

Yea i'm with you. I was thinking about picking them up for the championship in one of my leagues going against the Rams. But I think i'm just going to roll with Dallas D

I'm only in one game that matters and I'm rolling with Houston @ Indy. Should be projected as a top play.

Out of the waiver plays mentioned I'd trust Denver most. Fitz has been throwing crazy picks and Denver can get after the qb.

I was looking at Dallas, or maybe Washington at home against minny!

I'm pretty much a defense by committee kinda team. What do you all think of picking up NYJ (vs NYG), NE (vs. Miami) or Eagles (vs Cowboys). Any of those teams worth playing this week?

Lots of opinions in here. I was actually thinking Tenn rallies and might be a good play vs the Jags. Thoughts?

I have Houston but it seems they are coasting the rest of the way and Indy is playing better so I looked at the FA market and went with Washington against Minn. Its for $600, hope I dont regret it later.

rolled Seatle the last three weeks and they got me here, I'm still not sure but I may be crazy enough to play them over Denver! That said I could definetly be convinced otherwise!!

Have Seattle and Denver and while Seattle has been huge the 49ers don't throw many picks or give up the ball much. They are really not a great play this week while the Broncos are a great play against the Bills. Going Denver this week.

I'm sticking with Seattle. They have been the most consistent and probably best defense over the last 5 weeks. Oh and they play at home this week and 49ers will be on a short week. In the championship game, I can't afford a 3 point game and think they are good for at least 10.

Ten at home vs Jax, & Seattle at home vs SF.

Seattle has been so good of late and they are so good at home and they have so much to play for SF... .

But Ten vs Jax, how can you resist... Ten is still in the playoff hunt, playing at home, probably burning over the Indy loss. Typically they are still a good defense. It's either them or Seattle, will have to think about that. Right now I am thinking Seattle, but not sure.

And Bironas could be a great pickup too.

How about Houston? Is Indy that feared now? It might still be a good matchup for the Hou DST; it's their offense that is concerning these days.

Cin vs ARI & Car vs TB seem like the best after that, but both have flaws. Was vs Min seems like a better matchup out of what might truly be on the WW.

Wondering how people are viewing the Sea / SF matchup from both sides after last night's game? Hard to gauge considering how bad Ben was.

I thought PIT was a great play until tonight. :shocking:

still are a great play, james harrison will be back and playing @ home against kellen clemens and that pathetic offensive line? if you got em, play em. :thumbsup:

I had Detroit, but they sucked last week vs. Oakland, and this week vs. Chargers does not look good to me.

I am thinking about rolling with Washington because of last weeks shut-down performance against the Giants (on the road), and this week they are playing at home against Minnesota, a turn-over factory...

Well, I was hard pressed to stick with Seattle, but Tennessee vs Jags is pretty tempting. My Jags have so many injuries right now and are coming off a terrible loss. Hate to root against them, tough call.

I've been riding the Seattle train but you guys really like them that much against San Fran?

From watching the game last night San Fran seems like a terribly tough matchup. They control the clock, don't turn the ball over and play great D.

Pitt didn't have 1 sack, fumble, pick, block, ect.

I'd much prefer Houston @ Indy......

(I'm holding both D's currently, so please feel free to try and persuade me to Seattle )

I've been riding the Seattle train but you guys really like them that much against San Fran?

From watching the game last night San Fran seems like a terribly tough matchup. They control the clock, don't turn the ball over and play great D.

Pitt didn't have 1 sack, fumble, pick, block, ect.

I'd much prefer Houston @ Indy......

(I'm holding both D's currently, so please feel free to try and persuade me to Seattle )

Yeah, after thinking it through more, I don't know. Problem is, went to see if Tennesee was still availabe on the waiver wire and their not. I don't think I have a better option right now besides Seattle. I could pick up Detroit, but they are just too risky of a play.

I don't know that I would be jumping off the Cincy bandwagon just yet. Skelton has thrown 10 Int and had 13 sacks in his last 5 games. He has a couple of 300+ yard games during that stretch as well, but I still might consider them a pretty good play.

I've got to decide between TEN, SEA & CIN.

After SF looking so controlled on MNF.. i'm starting to veer toward starting TEN.. MJD should get his, but he did well on short rest versus ATL & they still abused everybody else in a Jags jersey.

As much as i'd like to get back in on the Seahawks fun, this is where i'm at now.

Weather in Cincy might also tempt me to stick them back in.. but they've been just okay lately & closed the game against St. L quite poorly last week.

I'm also in the Seattle vs Denver boat. Denver got smacked around a bit but the Bills are not the Patriots, that said, Seattle has been hot lately and I may have to roll with them, weather may be an issue in the denver game so that could tip my decision later this week.

I'm also in the Seattle vs Denver boat. Denver got smacked around a bit but the Bills are not the Patriots, that said, Seattle has been hot lately and I may have to roll with them, weather may be an issue in the denver game so that could tip my decision later this week.

The Seatle D got me here but man I think that denver match up is juicy!!

:dunno: still waiting for someone to talk me out of playing the seahawks!!

Was planning on cincinnati but skeletons been good and i am a little hesitated. Roll with Seattle seems the most sane thing to do. I will add Washington and decide later.

Hard not to play hawks again esp. At home.

I'm pretty much a defense by committee kinda team. What do you all think of picking up NYJ (vs NYG), NE (vs. Miami) or Eagles (vs Cowboys). Any of those teams worth playing this week?

I want to play in the league that does not have the Jets D rostered. My main league is a return yardage D/ST league and they are leading this year and lead last year. They are still up there in standard leagues. I would play them over NE or Cowboys.

I am rolling with Houston this week.

As someone mentioned earlier, they 49ers don't turn the ball over often and are very conservative on offense. Their defense is also the best in the league so I don't see many opportunities for Seattle to score a lot of points on D. I think 10 points is about right for them this week but Denver to me has a much higher ceiling.

It's still tough, Seattle has a lot to play for and they are home, really tough call here.

I have SEA, TEN & HOU.

I have not been able to talk myself out of SF.

I have been waiting for someone to talk me into playing TEN instead.

I may drop HOU just before game time (too bad because I had held this long for this matchup, but without Painter it's not the same); the Colts are just not as bad without Painter (yeah, suspicious how they waited all year to play a much better Orlovsky but never mind...) and HOU's offense is starting to have problems with no AJ and Yates in there.

The SEA game - as bad as Ben was, SF is good, has played great, and their defense can do things to. Seattle's offense gave up a TD to CHI's defense if you noticed last week. Hard to tell what to expect, I love the venue, I love Sea's style (they are using on others what they used to beat the Saints in last year's playoffs, which is fun to see), I love Seattle's situation (win and get into the playoffs, knock SF out of the bye, cranked up fans, etc)... the only problem is their opponent has not really wilted this year but then again they have had a largely easy schedule. Week 12 BAL's DST put up 20 on them in my main league with 9 sacks and 2 turnovers, in Baltimore, while SF's DST scored but 3. So it can happen. They gave up 9 more sacks the next 2 weeks, or 18 sacks in 3 weeks. Seattle has 15 sacks the last 5 weeks and has won 5 out of 6.

Jax - wow, how bad are they. The only thing stopping me is the TEN performance at Indy. Ouch. But that may have been a trap game, those things happen, wrong time wrong place. Maybe TEN comes back geared up and trying to make a final run and statement for the playoffs. At home, which is nice. Jax is dead tired, beat up, the QB disaster that is Gabbert. But then maybe no Chris Johnson (have to wait for more info on that).

I still don't know. Now leaning Seattle.

I want to play in the league that does not have the Jets D rostered. My main league is a return yardage D/ST league and they are leading this year and lead last year. They are still up there in standard leagues. I would play them over NE or Cowboys.

I am rolling with Houston this week.

Sorry I mistyped. They are rostered (by me) but I'm on the fence with them (because of their inconsistency) and the two other teams I mentioned. But you bring up a good point about return yardage. I'll probably use them over NE. Thanks for the help!

i dunno about you guys, but i just dropped Tennessee. They were a lock last week against the lowly Colts and lost. They got ZERO sacks against Orlovsky. They almost cost me a win.

Jacksonville should be a good play against Tennessee. Titans made the Colts defense look good last week. Only thing that makes me hesitate is game is at Tennessee

BINGO! I'm dumping the pathetic yet average defense of New England to get Jacksonville's defense. We know Jacksonville is rested because they didn't play since Thursday. We know Jacksonville's defense scored like 30 fantasy points 2 weeks ago to lead the NFL defenses. We know Chris Johnson won't put up any resistence. We know Tennessee is lacking motivation. Jacksonville has had an ugly season but that doesn't mean they won't unleash a can of ugly on Tennessee this weekend. Nice call. I'm assuming you're in the week 16 championship game as am I. These are the differences that will separate the champions from the runner up.

BINGO! I'm dumping the pathetic yet average defense of New England to get Jacksonville's defense. We know Jacksonville is rested because they didn't play since Thursday. We know Jacksonville's defense scored like 30 fantasy points 2 weeks ago to lead the NFL defenses. We know Chris Johnson won't put up any resistence. We know Tennessee is lacking motivation. Jacksonville has had an ugly season but that doesn't mean they won't unleash a can of ugly on Tennessee this weekend. Nice call. I'm assuming you're in the week 16 championship game as am I. These are the differences that will separate the champions from the runner up.

Isn't Tennessee playing for a playoff spot? That should provide some motivation.

I don't see them as a good play at all. Gabbert's a disaster; MJD will get them a few first downs, but there will be a ton of Jax 3 and outs, short fields, the game's in TEN, they're still alive. Jax looked somewhat functional before Jason Hill & ANY semi-pro level WR was on the roster. They looked like a high school JV team last week. To each their own.. maybe if my only other option was NE.. but there are a few DSTs i'd rather consider than Jax.