Sign in to follow this  
browns16-0

Hakeem Nicks

I'm sticking with Nicks.

WRs have had success on the Jets this year, Stevie Johnson in particular, why not Nicks? And the Eagles just hung 45 on them. Basically my reserve is Stevie J, LRob and Moss, and I'm really weighing Robinson vs Moss right now.

I have Nicks - Calvin and Dez we start 3 WR PPR - thinking about sitting Nicks and picking up Titus Young ....yikes. I know Philly put up 45 against NYJ but Revis covered Jackson and he had something like 3/36 watch out.

I have Nicks - Calvin and Dez we start 3 WR PPR - thinking about sitting Nicks and picking up Titus Young ....yikes. I know Philly put up 45 against NYJ but Revis covered Jackson and he had something like 3/36 watch out.

Well, Jackson hasn't done much all year either.

Miles Austin, Bryant, Welker, Stevie Johnson (twice), Branch, Marshall, Bowe, all had decent to great games vs the Jets.

Jets homers... will Revis stick to Nicks the whole game? Or do the Jets corners simply play sides, and Revis will take whoever lines up on the left?

I am a Nicks owner, with Santana Moss or Demaryius Thomas possibly getting the start. My starting WR are:

Larry Fitzgerald vs. CIN

Marques Colston vs. ATL

Nicks/Thomas/Moss

Thomas is the hot hand, and Nicks is likely to be blanketed by revis and ill be pissed if crux goes off again

I was going to bench Fitz,3 out of 4 being single digit games hurts, but I have a feeling he'll find the endzone this week. Ahhh damn you Warner for retiring.

I hope benching Nicks doesn't cost me.

I am a Nicks owner as well and to top it off, my opponent has Manning and Cruz. I fear Revis will shut down Nicks, forcing Manning to throw more to Cruz. Double whammy.

My other options at #2WR:

Jordy Nelson vs. CHI

Steve Johnson vs. DEN

Laurent Robinson vs. PHI

stop whining...

Cruz's play has been good enough that the Jets can't cheat and just shut down Nicks or they will lose. Also, Nicks is a beast, have faith. Why Draft Nicks in the second or third round and then worry about whether to start him or not? This has been going on all year, and when injuries are an issue I understand, but to sit a healthy Nicks is just plain stupid.

jdon

Starting Nicks with confidence over B Lloyd and Antonio Brown.

1. Jets D isn't what it has been

2. Revis will move around

3. Nicks will be looking for revenge after basically losing the game for his team last week.

Always start your studs.

Have you seen what a healthy Nicks can do these last few weeks? Revis is great and all, but he's not a robot FFS.

That being said, my WRs sucks so I don't really have a choice.

Nicks is part of the reason I am in the finals. I will respectfully ask him to take me to the top. :first:

Always start your studs.

Have you seen what a healthy Nicks can do these last few weeks? Revis is great and all, but he's not a robot FFS.

That being said, my WRs sucks so I don't really have a choice.

Nicks is part of the reason I am in the finals. I will respectfully ask him to take me to the top. :first:

very wishful thinking lad....good luck wih that !! :cheers:

WR1's have had some success against the Jets this year. Off the top of my head, I know Welker and Marshall have both had 100-yard games. Hopefully the Giants have had the sense to gameplan moving Nicks around a little bit to get him away from the top coverage. Plus, as mentioned, Nicks will have a chip on his shoulder after getting crucified in every highlight show all week. I would start him if you normally would. Better to go down with your big guns and have no regrets.

WR1's have had some success against the Jets this year. Off the top of my head, I know Welker and Marshall have both had 100-yard games. Hopefully the Giants have had the sense to gameplan moving Nicks around a little bit to get him away from the top coverage. Plus, as mentioned, Nicks will have a chip on his shoulder after getting crucified in every highlight show all week. I would start him if you normally would. Better to go down with your big guns and have no regrets.

:thumbsup: That's my thinking. I would hang myself if I lose the championship b/c I started Bey Bey or Malcolm Floyd and lost b/c of it in the most important game of the year.

'Mario Manningham - WR - Giants

Mario Manningham (knee) is doubtful for Week 16 versus the Jets.

Manningham's knee hasn't been right for weeks, and he's still experiencing swelling. Even against Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz figure to be targeted heavily with TE Jake Ballard (knee) also out of the lineup.'

I think this is good news. Didn't know Ballard was already out either. Eli's gonna have to throw the ball to someone.

Let it be Nicks.

I think Nicks will be looking to turn it around from his poor play last game. This is a huge game and the Giants will be taking shots all day!!

He should have a solid day and I see one of his patented 30 yd fade TDs!!!