Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

iPhone 4 VS iPhone 4S

Is the S worth the extra $$$

Is there really that much of a difference - 'spailn please.

I've owned both. The 4S is definitely faster. The voice recognition of the 4S is much better. The camera is better. The front camera (where you are looking at the screen and the camera shows you) is much better.

Other than the above, I have not noticed a huge difference, but I just got my 4S last week so time will tell I guess.

The iPhone 4S has:

A dual core A5 processor

An upgraded camera (4 is 5 megapixels 4S is 8 megapixels)

Siri

Dictation

For the first time you can also buy the 4S in 64GB

I also think that the 4 is now being limited to 8GB

That's all the differences I can think uf for now.

Edit: the 4S is also CDMA and GSM compatible

the 4S also has/supports 1080p true HD video - I believe the earlier models were only 720?

Here's the thing - the "5" will be out soon - and it will be geared towards those with the "4" - most "4" users were still in a contract and did not upgrade to the "4S" - it's part of why Apple did not release a "5".

So you'll buy the 4 and the "5" will come out and you'll be kicking yourself b/c you'll almost immediately be 2 generations behind.

IMO, the choice is either: get a "4S" now or wait for the "5".

I've owned both. The 4S is definitely faster. The voice recognition of the 4S is much better. The camera is better. The front camera (where you are looking at the screen and the camera shows you) is much better.

Other than the above, I have not noticed a huge difference, but I just got my 4S last week so time will tell I guess.

The front facing camera did not change. It's still a VGA up to 30 frames per second.

The front facing camera did not change. It's still a VGA up to 30 frames per second.

Well it sure looks better, at least when I compare my old and new phones side by side. The colors on the 4S are much richer and it seems to handle glare better than the 4.

Are you sure about that? My daughter has the new 4S and she says the front camera is way better than the 4.

Are you sure about that? My daughter has the new 4S and she says the front camera is way better than the 4.

Yes, the technical specs both read: VGA up to 30 frames per second for the front facing camera.

They are both Iphones, so they both suck balls.

Do you people do any research before plopping down money on an inferior product?

Why do you have an Iphone?

Because my frined has one and they are kewl.

Dumbasses, all of you :thumbsdown:

Do you people do any research before plopping down money on an inferior product?

What is it about Apple that gets your panties in a wad? Did Steve Jobs touch you inappropriately when you were a kid?

What is it about Apple that gets your panties in a wad?

Right clicking is an integral part of his masturbation routine? :dunno:

You sound like all the people who own droids and start heated nerd discussions.

I have Iphone4, but I'm coming from a flip-phone so to me it's better than a Star Trek communicator.

It has an upgraded hipster-douche processor and comes with a complementary pair of skinny jeans and hemp beanie.

It has an upgraded hipster-douche processor and comes with a complementary pair of skinny jeans and hemp beanie.

:doublethumbsup:

Not really inferior.

And before you bash...I have an HTC Evo and love it.

But if the 5 comes out and I like it enough, I will make the switch. Wife just got the 4s after being on Android and she loves it.

I like that it will play very nice with the iPad, and my iPod and have everything available easily on all devices...and I can do everything on here phone that I can do on mine so far. At least what I use my phone for now.

Get the 4s. When the 5 comes out next year, buy it and sell the 4s (which you should have kept in good condition). The resale value on iPhones is ridicluous.