Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Draft Discussion Thread

I thought Miami would be a fun team to draft for. I got lucky with no one owning the Mets or Pads and getting the first pick was nice. 2 blue chippers to kick things off in Miggy and Reyes

It's been a long time since Beltran wasn't my top target. Can't wait till a couple years when some of these stud farmers we got in the wings make their way up. Oh and Bubba Starling words!#!#!#!

It's been a long time since Beltran wasn't my top target. Can't wait till a couple years when some of these stud farmers we got in the wings make their way up. Oh and Bubba Starling words!#!#!#!

We have a good mix this year.. so many players are now in play in the actual drafting.. I was hoping Beltran would sneak through to my 2nd round but then saw he would have to get by Houston, SF, and KC... :(

It's been a long time since Beltran wasn't my top target.

:thumbsdown:

:alsonicepickanyways:

i think its cool just how much the draft order affects everyone rosters.

for example (without giving too much away) I think Jim Mora will end up being very happy.

you know it's been too long since you've played when you pull up your homers cheat sheet and my number 12 target "looks great this spring."

He goes by the name of Milton Bradley. :overhead:

i think its cool just how much the draft order affects everyone rosters.

for example (without giving too much away) I think Jim Mora will end up being very happy.

Indeed, your draft order luck did me no favors.

Looks like we still have a collection of dumbasses in this league. Aren't rounds 27 and 28 for the supplemental draft? :huh:

Looks like we still have a collection of dumbasses in this league. Aren't rounds 27 and 28 for the supplemental draft? :huh:

i saw one person say it was a 26 round draft with a 2 round supp. And then another person say it was a 28 round draft with a 1 round supp. :dunno:

im new to this so im just following along.

we are going to draft 28, then 2 rounds of a supplemental then you'l have to drop 2 players before the start of the season

Shouldnt you make your first round pick first :D

Nope. I'd rather take him in the second round, where he's eligible, and hang onto my first round pick for awhile. Draft Management 101. ;)

Nope. I'd rather take him in the second round, where he's eligible, and hang onto my first round pick for awhile. Draft Management 101. ;)

Dang. Youre like 5 steps ahead of me. Im gonna suck at this.

hey noo-b, draft discussion goes in this thread as well. Your awesomeness (moi) is smooth enough to be able to move these relevant posts, but it won't happen all the time ;)

we are going to draft 28, then 2 rounds of a supplemental then you'l have to drop 2 players before the start of the season

Why? That's just 2 useless rounds.

hey noo-b, draft discussion goes in this thread as well. Your awesomeness (moi) is smooth enough to be able to move these relevant posts, but it won't happen all the time ;)

Yessir, mr moderator. It wont happen again

As WW said, draft order set up pretty nicely for you. Obviously I was between Halladay and Lee, but I'll give the nod to Halladay. I don't think I could go wrong with either, and I knew I couldn't possibly end up with both. On the other end of the spectrum, the Blue Jays may have ended up with the worst luck in the draft order (not getting Bautista or Halladay).

Why? That's just 2 useless rounds.

trade purposes, as I'm sure there will be managers lacking a position that might be willing to listen to trade offers and the two extra rounds could add flexibility

As WW said, draft order set up pretty nicely for you. Obviously I was between Halladay and Lee, but I'll give the nod to Halladay. I don't think I could go wrong with either, and I knew I couldn't possibly end up with both. On the other end of the spectrum, the Blue Jays may have ended up with the worst luck in the draft order (not getting Bautista or Halladay).

Yeah that's exactly what I was alluding to. With Toronto picking after philly, I was pretty sure stew would take halladay and lee would make it to texas

But if Toronto picks before philly, Texas likely misses Lee.

It's a fun draft

I've already lost 3 of my top 5 due to this position. Knew it the second I saw the order. Really debating my tactics through these next few rounds. Almost all my eligibles fall to 1 side of me so it ruins the turn strategy like mora able to just use.

Now we are rolling

I've already lost 3 of my top 5 due to this position. Knew it the second I saw the order. Really debating my tactics through these next few rounds. Almost all my eligibles fall to 1 side of me so it ruins the turn strategy like mora able to just use.

Damn it... I was wondering if Ted was going to make it back to me...

Damn it... I was wondering if Ted was going to make it back to me...

I had hopes that Chris Carpenter would make it to me.. but no.

Nice pick posty. I was looking at emilio with my 4/5 picks. Didn't plan on him making it to me

Nice pick posty. I was looking at emilio with my 4/5 picks. Didn't plan on him making it to me

Thanks... I really didn't have much to pick from (unlike the Marlins), so it could be a reach, but if he can keep his starting job and hit behind Reyes, it could be a nice year...

With my 2 biggest hitters off the board I figured I'd take stock in SP. Thought Lilly would be high enough on the Nats list at least that it'd be the time to take him. Carpenter was a sure pick for me now given the rank and his home state of NH.

I'm kind of glad no one took Tampa. My god that team would have been absurd. Price, Shields, Hellickson, Moore, Garza, Longoria, Zobrist, Jennings, Upton...all exclusive. Plus access to Jose Bautista and Carl Crawford.

I'm glad no one took the Brewers; gave me exclusive rights to alicedes escobar, lorenzo cain and greinke. Although, competition for Prince may not have been a bad thing. However, could have made me choose between Bautista and Greinke.

I'm kind of glad no one took Tampa. My god that team would have been absurd. Price, Shields, Hellickson, Moore, Garza, Longoria, Zobrist, Jennings, Upton...all exclusive. Plus access to Jose Bautista and Carl Crawford.

i actually thought about tampa before going with miami. to be honest i didnt realize bautista had played for tampa. I chose Maimi because i thought they would be more fun to draft for where as tampa had too many already exclusives. Miami seemed to be a nice mix.

i actually thought about tampa before going with miami. to be honest i didnt realize bautista had played for tampa. I chose Maimi because i thought they would be more fun to draft for where as tampa had too many already exclusives. Miami seemed to be a nice mix.

some one was going to steal the Sox from me, so for a couple of days, i had chosen the Rays as my team. It would have been neat to have so many good players, but it wouldnt have been so much fun as building a team will be.If i play in this league next year, i may choose another team than the Sox just to see if i can build a competitve team.

I looks like 29Guests took Michael Bourn now at 1.16 instead of Berkman. But he would be unable to do this yet as the Braves pick before him and have not made their first round pick yet.

I looks like 29Guests took Michael Bourn now at 1.16 instead of Berkman. But he would be unable to do this yet as the Braves pick before him and have not made their first round pick yet.

Thanks for the information... I emailed 29Guests to let him know of the error...

I was close to going with Cincy as they have never been represented but the team was almost built on exclusives and the draft would not have been nearly as frustrating...err... I mean fun. :wub:

:sleep:

Christ thats like 3 weeks from now.

It is the official start date but I'm not sure if Chronic Husker even knows we are up to him. If so, he might go ahead even though there is no reason that he has to. :dunno: