Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Draft Discussion Thread

not trying to jinx us here and set us back, but I am amazed we may actually complete the first two rounds before our actual start date

:thumbsup:

21.11 -- Edwin Jackson, SP, WAS

I was debating between him and Furcal.

CH wants

2.13 nelson cruz, of, (unsure of current team wo googling)

Sorry, posting from phone

i emailed CH and indicated he should pick someone else

yep, if you go to our player pool now at yahoo you start to get a better feel of eligible players for our supplemental draft. Obviously guys that belong to teams represented near the top are likely exclusives I have not had a chance to add yet.

there's good and bad to having lesser talent available to you for drafting purposes. Obviously other teams might be better if they are picking better players than you are, but then you typically are drafting guys that other teams wouldn't want until a round or two later so you ahve less people stealing your guys.

:)

there's good and bad to having lesser talent available to you for drafting purposes. Obviously other teams might be better if they are picking better players than you are, but then you typically are drafting guys that other teams wouldn't want until a round or two later so you ahve less people stealing your guys.

:)

absolutely. from my 1.1 pick to my 3.1 pick, 7 current or former Marlins were selected. Cabrera, Uggla, Hanley, Maybin, Bonafacio, Beckett and Willingham.

i got 3/7 but expected to at least get 4/7

absolutely. from my 1.1 pick to my 3.1 pick, 7 current or former Marlins were selected. Cabrera, Uggla, Hanley, Maybin, Bonafacio, Beckett and Willingham.

i got 3/7 but expected to at least get 4/7

I was hoping that Willingham was going to make it back to me at 3.2 and almost took him at 2.15, but would rather have the multi-position at the moment...

F'n CRAP!

I knew I was forgetting someone important, then I notice Beltre being picked.... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :cry:

F'n CRAP!

I knew I was forgetting someone important, then I notice Beltre being picked.... :wall: :wall: :wall: :cry:

I was a little surprised when he wasn't your first rounder actually. :unsure:

Its funny i was ready to make that pick a couple of days ago, but i had completely forgotten that Beltre played for the Dodgers. Had the pick all typed in and then was like.....OH.....DUH!

other than maybe a couple exclusives to CH that he has yet to list, the player pool via our yahoo league site should be pretty up-to-date now for those of you scouting talent for the supplemental draft.

you can also check the "show my team" box and it will list your players so you can compare to the available talent pool

other than maybe a couple exclusives to CH that he has yet to list, the player pool via our yahoo league site should be pretty up-to-date now for those of you scouting talent for the supplemental draft.

Hey.....i dont think its fair for you to assign players to Chronic Husker. How do you know he didnt want to play the season without Tulowitski and Carlos Gonzalez?

/instigate

:music_guitarred:

you can also check the "show my team" box and it will list your players so you can compare to the available talent pool

Your commissioner must enter your offline draft results and hit the 'Begin Season' button in order for your league to begin play

Your commissioner must enter your offline draft results and hit the 'Begin Season' button in order for your league to begin play

yes, but if you click the "players" tab up top on the green bar, it will not show players that have been assigned as I am entering the draft results. And that is where you can check that box to show your players with those available as well.

yes, but if you click the "players" tab up top on the green bar, it will not show players that have been assigned as I am entering the draft results. And that is where you can check that box to show your players with those available as well.

ahhh.....i read "show my team" as the My Team tab at the top. I understand now. I will try to quit being just a stoopid n00b before too long :)

Hey.....i dont think its fair for you to assign players to Chronic Husker. How do you know he didnt want to play the season without Tulowitski and Carlos Gonzalez?

/instigate

:music_guitarred:

fock off.

:D

The only ex rockie worth a shiot is holliday

taking a glance at the teams thus far i have to say SouthCarolina's Redsox have a focking scary ass lineup. Honestly (and im not just saying this because i wanted Hanley) if i had been him already having A-Gonz, Ellsbury, Pedroia, Youkalis, Crawford and Ortiz and if i realized I could add Beltre, i would have taken Beckett over Hanley

taking a glance at the teams thus far i have to say SouthCarolina's Redsox have a focking scary ass lineup. Honestly (and im not just saying this because i wanted Hanley) if i had been him already having A-Gonz, Ellsbury, Pedroia, Youkalis, Crawford and Ortiz and if i realized I could add Beltre, i would have taken Beckett over Hanley

I never thought Beltre would make it back to me. I was ready to take someone else there, and Beltre just fell into my lap. But dont hand me the championship just yet. I AM the guy who drafted Cam Newton in the last round in the Geek Cup FF league, and then cut him for Tashard Choice the night before the first weekends regular seasons games, thinking that there was no way the rookie would outplay Josh Freeman over the long haul. . IOW, dont be surprised when i f*ck this up.

Next year i'll be the Orioles or Mariners or something.

I never thought Beltre would make it back to me. I was ready to take someone else there, and Beltre just fell into my lap. But dont hand me the championship just yet. I AM the guy who drafted Cam Newton in the last round in the Geek Cup FF league, and then cut him for Tashard Choice the night before the first weekends regular seasons games, thinking that there was no way the rookie would outplay Josh Freeman over the long haul. . IOW, dont be surprised when i f*ck this up.

Next year i'll be the Orioles or Mariners or something.

i didnt hand you anything sir, i said your lineup was scary as fock. your rotation looks like crap :doublethumbsup:

i didnt hand you anything sir, i said your lineup was scary as fock. your rotation looks like crap :doublethumbsup:

Pitching is overrated. At least that is what i feep telling myself.

Just an FYI....I don't check this as frequently over the weekends and the email I gave I don't have access to at home. But both White Wonder and Lambert have my phone number I believe, so please just send me a text message if my pick comes up at all over the weekend. Thanks.

Its funny i was ready to make that pick a couple of days ago, but i had completely forgotten that Beltre played for the Dodgers. Had the pick all typed in and then was like.....OH.....DUH!

I should've known better since I've been a total Dodger homer since my childhood and am still pissed the Dodgers let him walk to Seattle. :wall: I still want to stab my eyes out of there sockets for doing a total space job on him :wall:

:cry:

Just an FYI....I don't check this as frequently over the weekends and the email I gave I don't have access to at home. But both White Wonder and Lambert have my phone number I believe, so please just send me a text message if my pick comes up at all over the weekend. Thanks.

I will give you a shout if we need you. :thumbsup:

Chad, do you still have my cell?

I don't think I do

Well the options available to me at this point aren't great. With Howard out until at least May (I think it will be more like June), Ty Wigginton should get the majority of AB's at 1B. Then with the injury history of some of the other Phillies players, I think Wigginton should see a lot of AB's this year. His eligibility at 1B, 3B, and OF make him a player I wanted to lock up. While I don't think he was on Chronic Husker's radar at this point, I couldn't be quite sure. So I grabbed him here. :dunno:

unfortunately a few of the players im looking at are also available to CH. They all kind of suck but i can't pick out of turn

Rolen in the 5th round is a huge risk but as I look at my lineup it is obvious that I am lacking some serious run producing players. He might not make it to opening day but I have to take some high risk players in order to have a chance to compete.

Rolen in the 5th round is a huge risk but as I look at my lineup it is obvious that I am lacking some serious run producing players. He might not make it to opening day but I have to take some high risk players in order to have a chance to compete.

He was certainly someone I was debating with these next few picks. Almost glad you made a decision for me.

He was certainly someone I was debating with these next few picks. Almost glad you made a decision for me.

Agreed. Same here.

i sent ed a message to let him know he was up and he said he is home sick and his list is at work on his desk

:bench:

Man i wasnt expecting Bruce Chen. But then, nobody ever expects Bruce Chen.

That dude has been pitching in the majors since 1998. If you are left handed, you really can pitch until your arm falls off.

Man i wasnt expecting Bruce Chen. But then, nobody ever expects Bruce Chen.

That dude has been pitching in the majors since 1998. If you are left handed, you really can pitch until your arm falls off.

Chen was a little further down on my list and I was looking at him for maybe the 7th...