Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Don't say I didn't warn you about the Muslims

Ah, so what you're saying is that Muslims are as civilized as Christians were in the 13th Century. Got it. Seriously, do you really want to compare current Muslim practices to Christianity 800 years ago or more? Basically you're admitting that Muslims are a thousand years behind the West as far as being civilized.

You asked for an example and I gave you one. Now you want to start putting conditions on it? My only point is that every religion has been used to do evil at some point INCLUDING Christianity. You bigots think that radical Muslims are the only people who ever killed in the name of their god.

You make it seem like every Muslim is automatically a terrorist, and clearly that isn't the case. There have been Christian "terrorists" in the past. Not every Christian was a terrorist then nor are they all terrorists now.

My point is that it's the religion, not the country. You're the one who started mentioning countries by name.

:dunno:

Oh I brought up Iran? Because I could swear the word Iran or Iranian was in the first post 5 or 10 times. :rolleyes:

You asked for an example and I gave you one. Now you want to start putting conditions on it? My only point is that every religion has been used to do evil at some point INCLUDING Christianity. You bigots think that radical Muslims are the only people who ever killed in the name of their god.

You make it seem like every Muslim is automatically a terrorist, and clearly that isn't the case. There have been Christian "terrorists" in the past. Not every Christian was a terrorist then nor are they all terrorists now.

Of course I'm putting conditions on it. It would be idiotic not to. You prove my point when the only thing you can bring up is something that happened 800+ years ago.

That comment was a joke, meant to highlight the absurdity of people who profess a love for Jesus Christ while also hating just about everything he ever stood for (i.e., forgiveness and compassion towards your fellow man).

What happened to it? I don't know. As far as I know it's still there.

Also, who the fock are you? :blink:

Oh, I didn't get the nuance inherent in your original post. Good job pointing out that absurdity. Christendom needs people like you who aren't afraid to take a stand and are willing to endure the criticism that comes from pointing out the hypocrisy within it.

That post was deleted.

I'm Casual Observer.

Oh I brought up Iran? Because I could swear the word Iran or Iranian was in the first post 5 or 10 times. :rolleyes:

The OP used an incident in Iran to make a broader point. I'm pretty sure the title of the thread is much more broad than just Iran. This is just the latest example of the intolerance and uncivilized nature of Islam.

All religion is a farce and religious fundamentalism always leads down this path. You couple religious fundamentalism with widespread poverty, political corruption and disdain for knowledge and science, this what you get. That's my theory. Others think the slightly different fairly tale in their book of voodoo mesmerizes Muslims and makes them evil, like in Videodrome or something. I think this is basically retarded but it's also not anything we can prove either way so it's also barely worth arguing about. Mostly these topics are about people trying very hard to validate their own beliefs.

Of course I'm putting conditions on it. It would be idiotic not to. You prove my point when the only thing you can bring up is something that happened 800+ years ago.

I used the Crusades because it was the most glaring example of your stupidity. You asked for an example when Christians killed Muslims and you can't get any worse than the Crusades. But if you want to talk about more recent times, let me ask you this: do you really think not one Christian has killed in the name of God in the last 800 years?

On the other hand can we as a civilized people sit back and simply watch while murder, persecution, and outright genocide happens in other parts of our planet? Maybe we should, but can we (our collective leaders) really sleep well at night knowing all of this? It's civilized basic human instinct to right such horrible wrongs.

They seemed to sleep OK when shiit was going down in Darfur and Rwanda where a few million innocent people were slaughtered.

You don't seriously buy into the concept that we involve ourselves in the Middle East because we care about the people, do you?

My point is that it's the religion, not the country.

:dunno:

Absolutely. Muslims are doing this kind of thing all the time in the US and Europe.

Also, who the fock are you? :blink:

I say mensamind.

The KKK is a good example of a Christian Terrorist organization. Also, Hitler held himself out to be a Christian. How about the good Christians who blow up abortion clinics and shoot doctors in the name of God?

I used the Crusades because it was the most glaring example of your stupidity. You asked for an example when Christians killed Muslims and you can't get any worse than the Crusades. But if you want to talk about more recent times, let me ask you this: do you really think not one Christian has killed in the name of God in the last 800 years?

One person doing it isn't the religion. When it becomes a significant portion of the religion get back to me. The ONLY religion where a significant portion of the religion either participates or condones this type of action is Islam. What's stupid is you suggesting that anyone who acknowledges this fact is a bigot.

I say mensamind.

My guess as well. At first I was thinking RP but he seems to be kind of articulate.

The KKK is a good example of a Christian Terrorist organization. Also, Hitler held himself out to be a Christian. How about the good Christians who blow up abortion clinics and shoot doctors in the name of God?

1) You think Hitler did the sh*t he did in the name of Christianity????? :lol:

2) Every person who does the stuff you're talking about in the name of Christianity is denounced by that religion. Islam's violence is not only condoned but preached by a large number of it's Imam's.

Oh, I didn't get the nuance inherent in your original post. Good job pointing out that absurdity. Christendom needs people like you who aren't afraid to take a stand and are willing to endure the criticism that comes from pointing out the hypocrisy within it.

That post was deleted.

I'm Casual Observer.

Just what this bored needed. Another focking alias to participate in retard slap fights.

One person doing it isn't the religion. When it becomes a significant portion of the religion get back to me. The ONLY religion where a significant portion of the religion either participates or condones this type of action is Islam. What's stupid is you suggesting that anyone who acknowledges this fact is a bigot.

Can you please point me to empirical evidence that a "significant portion" of today's Muslims participate in or condone terrorism/religious persecution? I'm pretty sure that very few Muslims actually do fall into that category and that you are taking the actions of those few and using them to paint all other Muslims as cut from the same cloth. Which is exactly what bigotry is.

2) Every person who does the stuff you're talking about in the name of Christianity is denounced by that religion. Islam's violence is not only condoned but preached by a large number of it's Imam's.

So if a Christian does something heinous it is clearly not in the name of Christianity, but if a Muslim does then it must be in the name of their religion?

Got it.

So if a Christian does something heinous it is clearly not in the name of Christianity, but if a Muslim does then it must be in the name of their religion?

Got it.

If the Muslim does the heinous act while shouting "Allahu Akbar" while doing it, then I think it's justifiable to make a logical leap and connect the act with his religion.

Can you please point me to empirical evidence that a "significant portion" of today's Muslims participate in or condone terrorism/religious persecution? I'm pretty sure that very few actually do and that you are taking the actions of those few and using them to paint all other Muslims as cut from the same cloth. Which is exactly what bigotry is.

Few????? :lol:

If the Muslim does the heinous act while shouting "Allahu Akbar" while doing it, then I think it's justifiable to make a logical leap and connect the act with his religion.

How about Anders Behring Breivik (the dude who just recently killed 77 people in Norway)? He said in his Manifesto that he was a "Christian crusader". And this wasn't 800 years ago, it was six months ago.

Few????? :lol:

So I take it you have no actual evidence to back up your preconceived notions about an entire class of persons?

Did you know that there are something like 2 billion Muslims in the world? Are they all terrorists? Do you really think that one out of every three or four people in the world is a terrorist?

Got it.

You're pretty dense. Just because someone says they're Christian doesn't mean any action they take is in the name of Christ. The same goes for Islam. You can look at any individual act and make a reasonable determination as to what the motivation was for that act. It's pretty clear in this article that the motivation was that the cleric isn't Muslim. Same with the video I posted. So we can reasonably attribute the action to the religion. Absent Islam this cleric wouldn't be sentenced to die nor would the Christian lady in Pakistan. It's too bad you can't see this distinction. Pretty much makes it impossible to try to discuss this issue with you rationally.

You're pretty dense. Just because someone says they're Christian doesn't mean any action they take is in the name of Christ. The same goes for Islam. You can look at any individual act and make a reasonable determination as to what the motivation was for that act. It's pretty clear in this article that the motivation was that the cleric isn't Muslim. Same with the video I posted. So we can reasonably attribute the action to the religion. Absent Islam this cleric wouldn't be sentenced to die nor would the Christian lady in Pakistan. It's too bad you can't see this distinction. Pretty much makes it impossible to try to discuss this issue with you rationally.

That's rich. I am the one asking YOU to be rational, but you keep on insisting that the actions of a few people exemplifies the belief system of billions of people worldwide.

How about Anders Behring Breivik (the dude who just recently killed 77 people in Norway)? He said in his Manifesto that he was a "Christian crusader". And this wasn't 800 years ago, it was six months ago.

Uh, no. He did that because he didn't like the influx of Islamic immigrants. That's becoming a big problem in Europe. He just took it to the extreme. You're really reaching.

You think when Shiites blow up Sunnis, they do it in the name of Islam? They're basically gangs. It's about control, power, and money, just like it always is. Religion is the tool that those in power, or those seeking power, use to get dumbasses to do their bidding.

Uh, no. He did that because he didn't like the influx of Islamic immigrants. That's becoming a big problem in Europe. He just took it to the extreme. You're really reaching.

:wacko:

At least you admit that it was extreme!

That's rich. I am the one asking YOU to be rational, but you keep on insisting that the actions of a few people exemplifies the belief system of billions of people worldwide.

It's not a few. The fact that you insist that it is shows that you're either, naive or disingenuous. Either way, your insistence that it's only a few again indicates that it's impossible to have a rational discussion on this topic with you. There isn't anyone knowledgeable about this subject that would say it's only a few.

He is also insane.

It's not a few. The fact that you insist that it is shows that you're either, naive or disingenuous. Either way, your insistence that it's only a few again indicates that it's impossible to have a rational discussion on this topic with you. There isn't anyone knowledgeable about this subject that would say it's only a few.

A few in proportion to the billions of Muslims that are out there. Do you understand the concept of proportionality?

Let me ask you this, and this is an honest question: what percentage of Muslims do you think are terrorists or support terrorism?

You think when Shiites blow up Sunnis, they do it in the name of Islam? They're basically gangs. It's about control, power, and money, just like it always is. Religion is the tool that those in power, or those seeking power, use to get dumbasses to do their bidding.

I don't doubt the gang component of your comment, but it is done in the name of Islam, particularly, that one view is the correct view of Islam and the other is blasphemous and its adherents need to be wiped out.

Yes, I'm sure that's why the people in Pakistan reported the Christian chick to the authorities. They just wanted to control her. And I'm sure that's why millions of Muslims were up in arms over a couple of cartoons. Or god forbid we piss on a Quran. It's all about control. Certainly there's some people who use Islam as cover for other motives but you can't tell me that there isn't a significant portion of the Muslim community that doesn't promote violence simply because people spit on Muhammad.

Part of Hitler's power was that he convinced people he was doing the will of God:

1. Adolf Hitler: Acting According to God's Will

I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 2

2. Adolf Hitler: Thanking God

Even today I am not ashamed to say that, overpowered by stormy enthusiasm, I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 5

3. Adolf Hitler: Deutschland Über Alles

I had so often sung 'Deutschland über Alles' and shouted 'Heil' at the top of my lungs, that it seemed to me almost a belated act of grace to be allowed to stand as a witness in the divine court of the eternal judge and proclaim the sincerity of this conviction.

4. Adolf Hitler: God's Grace Smiles

Once again the songs of the fatherland roared to the heavens along the endless marching columns, and for the last time the Lord's grace smiled on His ungrateful children.

- Adolf Hitler reflecting on World War I, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1, Chapter 7

5. Adolf Hitler: Fulfilling God's Mission

What we have to fight for is the necessary security for the existence and increase of our race and people, the subsistence of its children and the maintenance of our racial stock unmixed, the freedom and independence of the Fatherland; so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 8

6. Adolf Hitler: Fate of God

But if out of smugness, or even cowardice, this battle is not fought to its end, then take a look at the peoples five hundred years from now. I think you will find but few images of God, unless you want to profane the Almighty.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 10

7. Adolf Hitler: Sin Against the Will of God

In short, the results of miscegenation are always the following: (a) The level of the superior race becomes lowered; (B) physical and mental degeneration sets in, thus leading slowly but steadily towards a progressive drying up of the vital sap. The act which brings about such a development is a sin against the will of the Eternal Creator. And as a sin this act will be avenged.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 11

8. Adolf Hitler: Sacrilege Against God

Anyone who dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege against the benevolent creator of this miracle and contributes to the expulsion from paradise.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 1

9. Adolf Hitler: Confidence in God

Thus inwardly armed with confidence in God and the unshakable stupidity of the voting citizenry, the politicians can begin the fight for the 'remaking' of the Reich as they call it.

10. Adolf Hitler: Gold has Replaced God

It may be that today gold has become the exclusive ruler of life, but the time will come when man will again bow down before a higher god.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 2

We're not talking about people that are actually following the religion they say they follow, but people who subvert religion to do whatever they damn well please.

A few in proportion to the billions of Muslims that are out there. Do you understand the concept of proportionality?

Few is a specific term. That's why we invented terms such as percent. Percentage would indicate proportionality. Few means......well......few.

He is also insane.

That's a curious response right there. We say that Breivik is insane because of what he did. What rational person would kill 77 people like that?

Yet somehow a Muslim guy who straps a bomb to his chest and blows himself up simply to inflict collateral damage is apparently not insane in your book.

Do you see the double standard there?

Part of Hitler's power was that he convinced people he was doing the will of God:

1. Adolf Hitler: Acting According to God's Will

I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 2

2. Adolf Hitler: Thanking God

Even today I am not ashamed to say that, overpowered by stormy enthusiasm, I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time.

3. Adolf Hitler: Deutschland Über Alles

I had so often sung 'Deutschland über Alles' and shouted 'Heil' at the top of my lungs, that it seemed to me almost a belated act of grace to be allowed to stand as a witness in the divine court of the eternal judge and proclaim the sincerity of this conviction.

4. Adolf Hitler: God's Grace Smiles

Once again the songs of the fatherland roared to the heavens along the endless marching columns, and for the last time the Lord's grace smiled on His ungrateful children.

- Adolf Hitler reflecting on World War I, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1, Chapter 7

5. Adolf Hitler: Fulfilling God's Mission

What we have to fight for is the necessary security for the existence and increase of our race and people, the subsistence of its children and the maintenance of our racial stock unmixed, the freedom and independence of the Fatherland; so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 8

6. Adolf Hitler: Fate of God

But if out of smugness, or even cowardice, this battle is not fought to its end, then take a look at the peoples five hundred years from now. I think you will find but few images of God, unless you want to profane the Almighty.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 10

7. Adolf Hitler: Sin Against the Will of God

In short, the results of miscegenation are always the following: (a) The level of the superior race becomes lowered; (B) physical and mental degeneration sets in, thus leading slowly but steadily towards a progressive drying up of the vital sap. The act which brings about such a development is a sin against the will of the Eternal Creator. And as a sin this act will be avenged.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 11

8. Adolf Hitler: Sacrilege Against God

Anyone who dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege against the benevolent creator of this miracle and contributes to the expulsion from paradise.

9. Adolf Hitler: Confidence in God

Thus inwardly armed with confidence in God and the unshakable stupidity of the voting citizenry, the politicians can begin the fight for the 'remaking' of the Reich as they call it.

10. Adolf Hitler: Gold has Replaced God

It may be that today gold has become the exclusive ruler of life, but the time will come when man will again bow down before a higher god.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 2

We're not talking about people that are actually following the religion they say they follow, but people who subvert religion to do whatever they damn well please.

Oh please. Hitler didn't do what he did in the name of God. Quit it.

Few is a specific term. That's why we invented terms such as percent. Percentage would indicate proportionality. Few means......well......few.

Now you're going to argue semantics like a child? Just tell me: what percentage of Muslims do you think fall into this group of terrorists and terrorist sympathizers?

Yes, I'm sure that's why the people in Pakistan reported the Christian chick to the authorities. They just wanted to control her. And I'm sure that's why millions of Muslims were up in arms over a couple of cartoons. Or god forbid we piss on a Quran. It's all about control. Certainly there's some people who use Islam as cover for other motives but you can't tell me that there isn't a significant portion of the Muslim community that doesn't promote violence simply because people spit on Muhammad.

I was speaking to the Hitler analogy. I don't think that many of these Muslim leaders really care about Islam much than Hitler really cared about Christianity or Socialism or The Fatherland. It's simply dogma they use to control the masses. If it's just about Islam, why the fock are they blowing each other up? They want power and control, that's why. And they use religion to get some dumbass to do it for them.

That comment was a joke, meant to highlight the absurdity of people who profess a love for Jesus Christ while also hating just about everything he ever stood for (i.e., forgiveness and compassion towards your fellow man).

What happened to it? I don't know. As far as I know it's still there.

I didn't take it as a joke. You flat out called me a bigot.

What hate?

:rolleyes: