Sign in to follow this  
davesnutz

Steelers Backfield

How do you foresee Pittsburgh's running game panning out with a new offensive coordinator and terminology, draft picks, etc? I have noticed Isaac Redman's stock rising quickly in mock drafts. Is he this years 5th-6th round fantasy gem and playoff difference maker?

I dont know if he is a fantasy gem. Their o line has to block better this year for him to be a solid rb2 option. I see rothlesberger having a better year since he was in extreme pain trying to take that team to the playoffs last year.

with mendenhall likely headed to the pup and bruce arians gone, im fairly high on redman at least to start the year.

I dont know if he is a fantasy gem. Their o line has to block better this year for him to be a solid rb2 option. I see rothlesberger having a better year since he was in extreme pain trying to take that team to the playoffs last year.

Their line may struggle at first as they adjust to the possibility of 60% of them being new or playing in a new position. I'm high on Redman, the kid just runs harder than Mendenhall. He's not nearly as talented physically, but he damned sure tries harder. (An aside...yes, it makes me sick to watch a back as big and fast as mendenhall run away from contact out of bounds 7 yrds down the field when he could lower a shoulder and get another 5-7 yrds). But I think he'll start slowly and, if Mendenhall doesn't make it back, will come on later in the season as the weather turns and the line gels.

The Steelers had a little fast as hell guy at RB last season... I think it was the Dywer kid. I remember he torched my Titans. I'd give that guy some more snaps.

Can anyone describe Reman as a player. I haven't watched much film on him at all.

Can he handle third downs? Pass protect? Catch? Good around the goal line?

Any info appreciated.

Can anyone describe Reman as a player. I haven't watched much film on him at all.

Can he handle third downs? Pass protect? Catch? Good around the goal line?

Any info appreciated.

He was the 3rd down and short yardage back last year. In addition he is an excellent receiver and pass blocker. He was the runningback in obvious pass situations last year. He had 18 receptions playing part time. I would project 40-60 receptions if he plays the whole season.

I like redman and I feel he can be the workhorse back for the steelers this year.

Assuming Baron Batch comes back healthy, I think he has a shot at cutting into Redman's touches. I don't expect Redman to be the undisputed #1 back all season.

This one screams rbbc

Yep. When Mendenhall was hurt, time was split between Redman and Jonathan Dwyer, and Dwyer looked more explosive even though he runs a 4.6 fourty. Redman is a better pass blocker though.

This seems like a Starks/Grant kinda duo. I'm not expecting either to be super productive.

The Steelers had a little fast as hell guy at RB last season... I think it was the Dywer kid. I remember he torched my Titans. I'd give that guy some more snaps.

I don't mean to laugh, but Dwyer is far from fast... :clap: I'm sick of Mendenhall and his dancing around. I'm all for moving Redman into a permanent starting position.

I don't mean to laugh, but Dwyer is far from fast... :clap: I'm sick of Mendenhall and his dancing around. I'm all for moving Redman into a permanent starting position.

And he's not little.

So other than those two things, he's correct.

couldn't agree more...as I mentioned, I just want to punch something everytime him run out of bounds when a DB is coming up on him. Jeebus, you're 5'11" and 240 lbs of bowling ball, run that fvcker over. Between the tap dancing and the avoiding contact to get extra yards, I'm sick of him.

How do you foresee Pittsburgh's running game panning out with a new offensive coordinator and terminology, draft picks, etc? I have noticed Isaac Redman's stock rising quickly in mock drafts. Is he this years 5th-6th round fantasy gem and playoff difference maker?

The just drafted Rainey to be the McCluster Sproles type back just to keep in mind

The just drafted Rainey to be the McCluster Sproles type back just to keep in mind

With the selections of DeCastro & Adams along with Rainey, Pittsburgh is looking like they're moving towards even more of a passing team than they've been in the past. With Wallace, Brown & Sanders as their wideout's coupled with some good pass catching running backs, Roethlisberger is looking like more like the guy to own in fantasy drafts.

Pittsburgh's days of power running football are over. Tomlin & Lebeau want to get a lead so they can blitz the s#*t outta the opposing teams quarterback.