Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

**Members Mock (Formerly Let's Mock)

5.04 - RB Doug Martin, TB

I considered 5 players here but I'm torn on which position take more than anything. I'll take a chance on the rookie and wait and see if I made a mistake on drafting an RB in this slot.

5.04 - RB Doug Martin, TB

I considered 5 players here but I'm torn on which position take more than anything. I'll take a chance on the rookie and wait and see if I made a mistake on drafting an RB in this slot.

you rat b@st...!!!

Stevie Johnson.

My main target went 1 pick ahead, so I'll settle for what could be a top 20 WR if FitzRyan plays well.

5.06 Reggie Bush - RB - MIA

CJ2K

Greg Jennings

AJ Green

Jahvid Best

Reggie Bush

5.06 Reggie Bush - RB - MIA

CJ2K

Greg Jennings

AJ Green

Jahvid Best

Reggie Bush

Lotta upside thus far

5.07 RB Isaac Redman, PIT :overhead:

who will be targeted in a couple of my drafts next month. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what a steal, and will continue to be so.

I really don't like how this draft is shaping up. This pick I was hoping for S.Johnson, Hernandez, or Gates.

5.10- Antonio Brown, WR, PIT

Antonio Brown is someone I like a lot in PPR. I expect 80+ receptions with 1000+ yards. TD's may be harder to come by though.

Tom Brady

Matt Forte

Fred Jackson

Victor Cruz

Antonio Brown

As usual, I don't really like the look of a team that goes QB in the first round. But it was something I wanted to try out in a mock. :dunno:

5.11 Jason Witten

Is this a reach? Seemingly based on ADP it is, but there are few certainties in life. Death, taxes, and Jason Witten getting over 100 targets and close to 1000 yards. Last year was considered by some a down year for the big guy, despite putting up nearly identical numbers as Aaron Hernandez. He's a model of consistency and he doesn't miss games.

I'm taking my draft strategy from last season to a whole new level here by loading up my other positions and waiting on running backs. If all goes according to plan, Robb should help me determine my next pick by process of elimination.

You guys were in a nice spot to start grabbing the next group of TEs. Since I didn't have a RB yet, I felt I had to pull the trigger on Redman instead of risking yet another round hoping he gets back to me, but at this point I think it was good value for Gates, Hernandez and Witten.

5.12 QB Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys

Had to decide if I wanted the QB7 or TE6 and with a deep TE group, went with QB. Plus, if take a QB at 7.12 at my next turn I would not get one in this tier.

6.01 WR Vincent (Van Go) Jackson, Tampa Bay

Yes, new team and questionable work ethic and on a run first team. But, getting a WR 1 from last year as my WR3 this year is great value IMO. He still has the talent.

6.02 Shonn Greene

1054 yds for 6 TDs 30 catches for 211 yards

1086 yds for 6 TDs 43 catches for 296 yards

Player A: Shonn Greene

Player B: Reggie Bush

Who's got more upside this season? Most people view Bush as NOT being able to repeat his numbers from last season, yet he's getting drafted in most leagues almost two full rounds ahead of a running back that not only lost his main competition, but just acquired a running back's best friend in Tim Tebow.

I was aiming for Romo with this pick, but unfortunately he was taken. I figured Robb would take a quarterback, I just was hoping it'd be a different one. I'll "settle" for one of the few workhorse backs left that just eclipsed 1000 yards rushing last season and should easily repeat this year.

I wouldn't call tebow a rbs best friend unless or until tebow becomes the full.time starter. As a gimmick, wildcat, hback type I actually think he will hurt green and vulture scores.

If he becomes the starting qb, then yes, I think he helps Greene

You guys were in a nice spot to start grabbing the next group of TEs. Since I didn't have a RB yet, I felt I had to pull the trigger on Redman instead of risking yet another round hoping he gets back to me, but at this point I think it was good value for Gates, Hernandez and Witten.

I really didn't like what was still on the board, especially @ RB for the price it cost to get one. I was extremely hopeful that Doug Martin would fall a few more spots to where I got Hernandez. Also considered all the WR/RB picks that went afterward of Antonio Brown, Vincent Jackson and Shonn Greene but figured I'd rather be on the front edge of the Tier 2 TE run than the back edge of the WR2 run or lead edge of the RB3 run. Like the team I've got so far from the passing/receiving game perspective but the dearth of quality RB is really showing. This was a good exercise though picking against people that know their stuff.

6.02 Shonn Greene

1054 yds for 6 TDs 30 catches for 211 yards

1086 yds for 6 TDs 43 catches for 296 yards

Player A: Shonn Greene

Player B: Reggie Bush

Who's got more upside this season? Most people view Bush as NOT being able to repeat his numbers from last season, yet he's getting drafted in most leagues almost two full rounds ahead of a running back that not only lost his main competition, but just acquired a running back's best friend in Tim Tebow.

I was aiming for Romo with this pick, but unfortunately he was taken. I figured Robb would take a quarterback, I just was hoping it'd be a different one. I'll "settle" for one of the few workhorse backs left that just eclipsed 1000 yards rushing last season and should easily repeat this year.

FWIW, I actually posted the pick of Shonn Greene @ 5.08 but deleted the post and opted for Hernandez. I was hopeful that he would fall to my spot in the next round, but it was a good pick particularly for a guy that started the season in much more of a committee.

6.03- Eric Decker, WR, Den

I was seriously considering a TE here but I like the depth of the position after the top 4 or 5 are gone. As for Decker, I expect him to catch a high volume of passes from Peyton Manning. He is the type of route runner Peyton Manning can trust and I expect him to lead the Broncos in targets. If Peyton stays healthy, I expect Decker to finish with 80+ catches and 1000+ yards. He's definitely one of my targets as a WR3 in PPR this year, with the potential to produce like a WR2.

Current Squad

QB- Tom Brady

RB- Matt Forte

RB- Fred Jackson

WR- Victor Cruz

WR- Antonio Brown

WR- Eric Decker

I wouldn't call tebow a rbs best friend unless or until tebow becomes the full.time starter. As a gimmick, wildcat, hback type I actually think he will hurt green and vulture scores.

That's the problem I have figuring out Greene this year. For sure Tebow hurts Sanchez and his 6 rushing tds last year.

6.04 Denarius Moore

Probably a bit of a reach here, but I'm not certain he makes it back to me next round so I pulled the trigger. Palmer has talked him up which seems like a good thing when the guy throwing you the ball thinks highly of you. Would have gone Decker if he slipped another spot. Same with Romo, but will wait on QB as one of the guys I'm eyeing will make it back.

Maurice Jones-Drew

Jamaal Charles

Mike Wallace

Jeremy Maclin

Denarius Moore

Antonio Gates

6.06 RB Jonathan Stewart, CAR

That gives me:

QB Rodgers

RB Redman

RB Stewart

WR A Johnson

WR Julio Jones

WR Colston

TE

FWIW, I actually posted the pick of Shonn Greene @ 5.08 but deleted the post and opted for Hernandez. I was hopeful that he would fall to my spot in the next round, but it was a good pick particularly for a guy that started the season in much more of a committee.

I actually agree with your logic on this. I didn't want to take Greene in the 5th, but because he didn't get taken at the corner I couldn't pass him up. Funny how just three spots later he looks like value

This is essentially what I'm banking on. And IMHO, its a matter of when...not if

6.07 Matt Ryan - QB - ATL

several good qb's left on the table with about the same value. For some reason, I think Atlanta is going to throw the ball more often than not. Then you look at FFtoday's strength of schedule...http://www.fftoday.com/nfl/sos.htm

Atlanta plays only 4 games where the opponents had a winning record last year. Matt Ryan could explode this year :banana:

I wasn't letting the middle tier qb's go without grabbing one. I choked early this year in a live draft waiting and waiting and waiting. I'm not making that mistake again.

QB - Matt Ryan

RB - CJ2K

RB - Jahvid Best

RB - Reggie Bush

WR - Greg Jennings

WR - AJ Green

this is a solid foundation right now IMO. Let's see what happens in the next few rounds...

6.08 T Smith Bal WR

Team:

QB - Vick

RB - TRich, SJax

WR - Madden Curse, Stevie Johnson, Torrey Smith

6.09 - WR DeSean Jackson, PHI

Somewhat decent value given Jackson's current ADP (5.06) but I prefer Maclin as the Eagles top fantasy receiver.

6.08 T Smith Bal WR

Team:

QB - Vick

RB - TRich, SJax

WR - Madden Curse, Stevie Johnson, Torrey Smith

do you like my sig below?

nice pick!

do you like my sig below?

nice pick!

Considering you bat about .150 on those bold predictions in your sig line, I'm thinking it wasn't such a good pick. :wave:

6.10 - Willis McGahee

- The "other" story in Denver last season was that the resurgent McGahee quietly put up 1,200 yards on 250 carries (4.8 ypc), and this was against defenses who were weekly stacking the line and daring Tebow to throw. This year he gets Manning. Generally, not a wise policy to stack the line against Manning. Also, Peyton is not gonna be running in too many goal line carries like Tebow did. Additionally, the Broncos are going to want to entrust pass protection responsibilities to a veteran who can be trusted to keep their new acquired prize upright. Although I already have Shady and Turner, I find him to be superb value in the late 6th, as well as high-end RB-insurance here.

Considering you bat about .150 on those bold predictions in your sig line, I'm thinking it wasn't such a good pick. :wave:

Kevan Barlow is going for more than 1350 yards and 10+td's!

I think I said the Same about Deshaun Foster:)

6.11 Vernon Davis, te, san fran

Foster

Sproles

Bradshaw

Steve Smith CAR

Bowe

Vernon Davis

Kevan Barlow is going for more than 1350 yards and 10+td's!

I think I said the Same about Deshaun Foster:)

Ok, I'll admit, I don't think you're far off on this one. I'm quietly figuring him to be a top 20 WR and he's squarely on my target for WR3 in the draft if I can get him.

I'm headed out of town Sunday morning and won't be checking back in until Tuesday evening. Sometime before I leave, I'll PM stonewall with a list or general instructions about my upcoming picks.

Pretty much the same for me except I leave Wednesday.

Can someone PM whoever turn it is now so we can move this along. Thanks

The 12-hour window has expired on Portis26. He is generally on here a lot, but must be out-of-pocket for some reason. In order to keep things moving, I will select for him....although hesitantly, since I've no idea what he has in mind draft-wise. I will try to go with best player available from an ADP standpoint.

Portis26 at 6.12 selects Roy Helu. Average ADP of 5.12

Portis26 at 7.01 selects Jermichael Finley. Average ADP of 6.03

7.02 Peyton manning. Yeahhh ill roll the dice

The Helu & Finley are great picks here. I would take th here and be estatic!