Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

**Members Mock (Formerly Let's Mock)

WhiteWonder sniped me on Manning :angry:

So, at 7.03 I'll take Phillip Rivers

- Definitely want a proven QB with a high upside. With Manning gone, I still consider Rivers a good value in the 7th, with the added benefit of being very durable. Hopefully, last year was a fluke and he gets back to normal this year. With 4-point TD passes, this seems like a good place to take a QB, and I consider him a viable option with a likely possibility of passing for 4,000+ yards and 35 TD's.

QB Rivers

RB McCoy

RB McGahee

RB Turner

WR Fitz

WR Lloyd

TE Gronk

The 12-hour window has expired on Portis26. He is generally on here a lot, but must be out-of-pocket for some reason. In order to keep things moving, I will select for him....although hesitantly, since I've no idea what he has in mind draft-wise. I will try to go with best player available from an ADP standpoint.

Portis26 at 6.12 selects Roy Helu. Average ADP of 5.12

Portis26 at 7.01 selects Jermichael Finley. Average ADP of 6.03

Thx- those were 2 of my 3 targets so thank you

Thx- those were 2 of my 3 targets so thank you

Good deal. :thumbsup:

7.04 - RB Ben Tate, HOU

I considered Tate with my previous pick (6.09) so I'm happy to get him here. He is obviously an upside pick who could potentially be a top-five fantasy RB if Foster becomes injured.

7.04 - RB Ben Tate, HOU

I considered Tate with my previous pick (6.09) so I'm happy to get him here. He is obviously an upside pick who could potentially be a top-five fantasy RB if Foster becomes injured.

You're thinking Larry Johnson circa 2005 redux, aren't you?

7.06 Justin Blackmon - WR - Jags

So I grew up going to the OSU football games watching Thurman Thomas, Mike Gundy, and Barry Sanders.

Can you name the three first round wr's from OSU in the past few years?

So I grew up going to the OSU football games watching Thurman Thomas, Mike Gundy, and Barry Sanders.

Me too. I witnessed some last second heart-breakers, particularly against OU. It was sweet to smoke them this year, although we missed our once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to win the Nat'l Championship.

Can you name the three first round wr's from OSU in the past few years?

Blackmon, Dez, Rashaun Woods.....not to mention Pettigrew at TE

Years back there was also Hart Lee Dykes

7.07 RB James Starks, GB

Although Rodgers was already selected when I took over this team in the draft (and AJ), it appears to me I could do this QB in the first round thing. Even starting with Rodgers and then a solid trio of WR, pretty happy with Redman-Stewart and now Starks at RB, and a later round TE not yet drafted.

Stonewall- I sent you a message for my next two picks. I'll probably be away from the computer most of today/tonight. Thanks.

Stonewall- I sent you a message for my next two picks. I'll probably be away from the computer most of today/tonight. Thanks.

got it....thnx

got it....thnx

7.08 - Reggie Wayne, WR IND

7.09 Eli Manning

Nick pick. I was a little surprised he lasted this long and by all the QB's that went ahead of him (Ryan, Peyton, Rivers). Hard to argue with 4,000+ yards and 30 TD's. He almost threw for 5,000 last year.

CJ Spiller, RB/WR, Buffalo

I'll lock up the other part of the Buffalo backfield as well as a guy I think could have some value on his own in PPR leagues. It seems Buffalo may be willing to use FJax and Spiller at the same time, with Spiller lining up in the slot. I think Spiller can catch 40+ balls this season. If he gets 10 touches per game, he could flirt with 1,000 total yards. He also showed if Jackson gets hurt, he can carry the full workload.

Stonewall will have to make my next pick (I sent him a list). I'm heading out for the day...

QB- Tom Brady

RB- Matt Forte

RB- Fred Jackson

RB- CJ Spiller

WR- Victor Cruz

WR- Antonio Brown

WR- Eric Decker

Nick pick. I was a little surprised he lasted this long and by all the QB's that went ahead of him (Ryan, Peyton, Rivers). Hard to argue with 4,000+ yards and 30 TD's. He almost threw for 5,000 last year.

Eli Manning was my target at 7.02, however I did not expect Peyton to be on the board and being that this is a mock, I decided to take him instead.

I rank them Peyton (due to more fantasy upside, imo), Eli, Romo, Ryan, Rivers.

7.11 Pierre Garçon.

The rookie is going to need someone to hook up with consistently and word is out of Washington Garçon will be getting plenty of opportunities. While I'm not crazy about this pick,he offers a ton of upside as a WR3 and can fill in for the bye week when Harvin and Nicks are out. (Yes even in a mock I'll look for little things like that ). His playoff schedule is nice as the Skins should be down to New England and the Giants and will need to throw a ton.

Damn I really wanted Spiller here.......

RB: McFadden, Greene

WR: White, Nicks, Harvin, Garçon

TE: Witten

Nick pick. I was a little surprised Eli lasted this long and by all the QB's that went ahead of him (Ryan, Peyton, Rivers).

I considered Eli also, but went with Rivers instead after Peyton went the pick before. Both are durable and well-known commodities that can conceivably crack the top 5 in any given year if things fall right. Both are good value in the 7th, particularly in a 4 pt./pass TD league.

However, when you crunch the #'s, Rivers has been the better fantasy QB over a four-year span with 17592/119 as compared with Eli's 16194/108.

7.12 TE Pettigrew, Detroit

8.01 RB Donald Brown, Indy

8.02 Jay Cutler

Bye bye Mike Martz.

Hello Jeremy Bates. Hello Brandon Marshall.

The addition of both these guys means an extreme value on a later round quarterback. I'm expecting Cutler to be a top 10 quarterback. Honestly.

8.03 Stewburtx8 selects Fred Davis

- In 12 game starts last year pre-suspension, he amassed 800 yards on 88 targets, including 6 of those 12 games with 80 yards or more. He has good hands and speed, and has shown flashes of fantasy excellence. Conceivably, RG3 will be looking for the TE early and often during his rookie season. Although Cooley is still lurking in the shadows, Davis is an upside pick that could pay great dividends.

8.04 Beanie Wells

Meh. Not a big Beanie fan, and it's uncertain what his workload will be in '12.....and this just in, Beanie's knee hurts. Imagine that. Still, he showed flashes last year. Maybe he puts it together this year. :dunno:

Beanie wa my other option....bit decided to go with Brown. Think Wells is good value in the 8th

Eli Manning was my target at 7.02, however I did not expect Peyton to be on the board and being that this is a mock, I decided to take him instead.

I rank them Peyton (due to more fantasy upside, imo), Eli, Romo, Ryan, Rivers.

You think Peyton has an upside greater than what Eli Manning did last season (4900 and 30 total TD's)? I just think Eli is safer. I'd probably rank them Eli, Romo, Peyton, Ryan, Rivers. But all 5 are pretty close in my opinion, and I wouldn't hate to end up with any of them.

You think Peyton has an upside greater than what Eli Manning did last season (4900 and 30 total TD's)? I just think Eli is safer. I'd probably rank them Eli, Romo, Peyton, Ryan, Rivers. But all 5 are pretty close in my opinion, and I wouldn't hate to end up with any of them.

i think Eli is safer too but yes, i do think Peyton has a higher upside.

Where is Mr. MacGregor?? Coming up on 12 hours in a couple of hours.

Where is Mr. MacGregor?? Coming up on 12 hours in a couple of hours.

Sand trap on the 16th hole?

Thanks Mike!

no rush. its the weekend after all.

no rush. its the weekend after all.

Mike informally told me he wants his kicker in the 8th :dunno:

He believes in the RLLD's drafting strategy. Draft all your starters first, then start acquiring depth!

I've been instructed to pick for Mike Mac.

8.06 - RB Peyton Hillis, KC

My suspicion is MM may be targeting a different position with this pick but I'm also guessing his target may be available for his pick in Round 9, so I'll take a lead from a previous mock MM participated in and go with Hillis.

:wall:

8.7. Mark Ingram - rb - NO

I really really wanted Hillis on this pick

8.08 Deangelo Williams

Since his ADP is 7.10 right now some people on this bored will likely consider this a "reach". :doh:

Seriously though was hoping for Hillis here also.

My suspicion is MM may be targeting a different position with this pick but I'm also guessing his target may be available for his pick in Round 9, so I'll take a lead from a previous mock MM participated in and go with Hillis.

Great pick! Thanks! Sorry for the delay fellas. This board needs a pre-draft feature. Been offline most of the day enjoying the sunshine.

8.10 - Malcom Flyod

I actually like him better than Meachem. I believe Meachem will continue to be Meachem....wildly inconsistent. Rivers is good for 3500-4000 yards. Gates will get his 1,000. Mathews will get his 400-500, if he is lucky. So, who gets the other 2,500? Well, Meachem and Brown will both have good games from time to time, but I feel it will be Floyd (6'5" - 225 lbs.) who will be the consistent WR. Rivers is comfortable with him, and over his last eight games last season, Floyd posted four 100-yard games while catching 34 passes for 698 yards and five touchdowns. Yes, health issues are a concern, but in the late 8th I'll take my WR3 with high WR2-low WR1 upside.

Rivers

Shady

Turner

McGahee

Fitz

Lloyd

Floyd

Gronk