Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Percy Harvin

So do you guys see Harvin being a big part of the offense like he was the 2nd half of last season or are they going to baby him along with playing time as in previous years

Seems he could be a ppr monster

Thoughts?

I have him ranked pretty high this year. I think he has a good shot at being very productive. If the youpers want to have any where near a decent offense they will keep him involved constantly. I don't understand the point of using him sparingly when he has so much talent. Whats the point of having him on the team then?

I have him within my top 10 WR's in PPR this year. One of my favorite targets considering his ADP is in the early/mid 4th round.

Definite buy on Harvin... Top 10, maybe top 5 numbers this year... There just isnt anyone else to catch the ball... Rudolph should be solid redzone, but Simpson on the other side isnt going to catch more then 50 balls!

I like Harvin to catch 90+ balls for 1100-1300 yards and 8-10 TDs... plus his rushing totals!

I'm a bit mixed on him. I think he's a very nice value pick but think people are a bit high on where he will actually end up. I think he'll be a top 10. I can't figure out why Minn doesn't use him more either. I think you should expect about the exact same production as last year for a few reasons:

1. Simpson and Rudolph should take some targets away.

2. If AP is back I could see them being a minimal 60/40 run oriented.

3. Ponder does have a year extra experience and has looked better but he is very unpredictable.

You can argue it either way but I've read articles where he is projected higher than Cruz. Granted Cruz has only had one year but Harvin has never come close to putting up those kind of numbers. I view him as a high WR2 with WR1 upside. Depending on how you play your cards and how the draft goes I would love to get him in the 5th round as my WR3!

Ahh yes the great simpson and rudolph command so many targets.

Not saying they'll get a ton....If you read my comment I said Harvin would do the same. He was the focal point of the offense last year down the stretch. Just think expecting an upgrade is going to be hard with their offense improving and AP healthy. Hard to believe he'll exceed those numbers. Who else did Minn have in terms of offense last year? AP hurt, Rudolph on unhealthy, and no other outside threat at WR. Rudolph is healthy and has been the talk of camp and from what I've read Ponder looks to him as a first option. Just saying I think expectations are slightly high although he is being undervalued at his draft position.'m not saying Simpson's going to get a ton of targets but there are reports that Minn is very happy with what their seeing from him and is a much better option than what they had last year. 50/720/4. Numbers aren't great but they guy has a lot of speed and will get some targets down the field. As for AP, he will always get his touches. Just saying i think people need to temper expectations; if their thinking he's going to have a big increase in numbers.

I have him ranked pretty high this year. I think he has a good shot at being very productive. If the youpers want to have any where near a decent offense they will keep him involved constantly. I don't understand the point of using him sparingly when he has so much talent. Whats the point of having him on the team then?

Youpers?

At just 5'11", Harvin doesn't fit the superstar WR stereotype. Neither does Welker (5'9") or Steve Smith (5'9"), but overall the exceptions of short-and-great WRs are very RARE.

Bottom line, he finished 8th among WRs last year and is currently ranked 14th among WRs. That seems very obtainable.

At just 5'11", Harvin doesn't fit the superstar WR stereotype. Neither does Welker (5'9") or Steve Smith (5'9"), but overall the exceptions of short-and-great WRs are very RARE.

Bottom line, he finished 8th among WRs last year and is currently ranked 14th among WRs. That seems very obtainable.

Beast mode cometh in contract year. Multi-facted threat who will get rushing yards. AP will be slow out of the gate for sure. Top 5-7 in PPR. Get him or you will regret it.

Beast mode cometh in contract year. Multi-facted threat who will get rushing yards. AP will be slow out of the gate for sure. Top 5-7 in PPR. Get him or you will regret it.

I will say he's insanely talented, contract year or not.

I'd be surprised if he breaks the top 10 again, but it's unlikely he'll finish worse than 20th. Solid pick for where's he's going ... 14th.

I will say he's insanely talented, contract year or not.

I'd be surprised if he breaks the top 10 again, but it's unlikely he'll finish worse than 20th. Solid pick for where's he's going ... 14th.

Well in my PPR league we count return yards.

In 2009 Precy was the 10th WR, in 2010 he was number 4, and last year he was top 4 again. And while I don't expect him to play special teams as much if at all, his receptions have steadily went up each year.

I stand firm, he's virtually a lock for top 10 with a reasonable shot for top 5-7. Four games against Detroit and Packers help him reach those numbers.

Youpers?

It is actually an incorrect way to use the name. I was referring to northern Midwest in general. A "Youper" (this is just the way you pronounce it, doubt there is an actual way to spell it) refers to the upper peninsula in Michigan. I just wanted to have any slight reason to use it, even if it was used incorrectly.

Not saying they'll get a ton....If you read my comment I said Harvin would do the same. He was the focal point of the offense last year down the stretch. Just think expecting an upgrade is going to be hard with their offense improving and AP healthy. Hard to believe he'll exceed those numbers. Who else did Minn have in terms of offense last year? AP hurt, Rudolph on unhealthy, and no other outside threat at WR. Rudolph is healthy and has been the talk of camp and from what I've read Ponder looks to him as a first option. Just saying I think expectations are slightly high although he is being undervalued at his draft position.'m not saying Simpson's going to get a ton of targets but there are reports that Minn is very happy with what their seeing from him and is a much better option than what they had last year. 50/720/4. Numbers aren't great but they guy has a lot of speed and will get some targets down the field. As for AP, he will always get his touches. Just saying i think people need to temper expectations; if their thinking he's going to have a big increase in numbers.

Well you did say that they will take targets away from Harvin. I know in offenses that have multiple threats to cover they usually compliment each other, not take away from targets. Look how many targets Welker had last year, 173. Did all those targets take away from Gronks stats? Did Gronks targets take away from Welker's stats? Did either of their targets stop Hernandez from becoming the third best TE last year? I am just saying that there is absolutely no reason to believe Simpson and Rudolph receiving targets will impact Harvin at all. I mean you can't throw to the same guy on every play. Even stafford takes plays off from throwing to Megatron.

Last season Harvin played just 58.8% of the Vikings offensive snaps, and never played in a game where he saw more than 80%.

Now just imagine if he plays 75% on average this year!

Per ProfootballFocus:

Last season Harvin led the NFL with a catch rate of 79.1% when working in the slot. That was well clear of the pack and more than 5% better than Marques Colston, who is as sure handed as they come across the middle. There were only four receivers who gained more yards per route run than Harvin did last season, bettering the marks set by the likes of Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald and A.J. Green. Christian Ponder finished the season with a passer rating of 70.1, and Donovan McNabb was just at 82.9, but on throws targeting Harvin, the pair combined for a QB rating of 97.2.

i have a hard time getting past how much he killed my team the first what, 9 weeks of last season? i realize mcnabb was playing and harvin was banged up, but man i don't think i could take him without having nightmares of that stretch last season. I feel like there is much safer players to take in the 4-5th rounds.

i have a hard time getting past how much he killed my team the first what, 9 weeks of last season? i realize mcnabb was playing and harvin was banged up, but man i don't think i could take him without having nightmares of that stretch last season. I feel like there is much safer players to take in the 4-5th rounds.

I hope everyone in my leagues takes this approach.

I agree, and to this point in my drafts most people have taken that approach. I however am a Florida homer, so I understand that the only thing that keeps Percy from dominating are his touches and his headaches. This guy is a beast! He is as shifty as they come, he plays faster than he times out, and he can lift the gym. I will have him on my teams this year without a doubt.

I take him after Calvin, Julio, Fitz and A.J. Green. I took him at 26 overall in a 14 teamer with long TD bonuses (over Gronk! mostly because I wanted Hernandez in round 4, but he went at the end of round 3).

Harvin's number's in the final 9 games last year: 60 catches, 867 total yards, 8 TDs (and that includes a 7 yard stinker in week 15). I know projections suck, but that projects to 10/1541-14. Considering that he posted those numbers with A) a rookie QB, and B ) no other receiving threat to draw coverage away from him, we're talking about an elite #1 receiver. He was as good as anybody after week 7. I rank him top-5 without hesitation.

probably just the frustrated harvin owners who may have dropped him at some point last season.

probably just the frustrated harvin owners who may have dropped him at some point last season.

I did that, actually - and then he immediately got picked up by someone else and scorched the field the rest of the way.

This year, I got him as my #3 receiver, behind Roddy and Victor. He's got the same bye week as Cruz, unfortunately, but I'll be playing round robin with those three all year.