Sign in to follow this  
FloydH

Britt VS Garcon

Already have the below.. Would you drop Garcon and pick up Britt.. I think Britt has way more upside and with 3 WR's already and my flex spot is taken by RB's Foster, Forte, Kevin Smith, and Charles..

Harvin

Steve Smith

Torrey

Already have the below.. Would you drop Garcon and pick up Britt.. I think Britt has way more upside and with 3 WR's already and my flex spot is taken by RB's Foster, Forte, Kevin Smith, and Charles..

Harvin

Steve Smith

Torrey

JESUS NO! Why would you do that? That would be one of those moves you make and later in the year you ask yourself why you were such a retard.

I love Garcon this year, and at least with him you're guaranteed a WR that is "THE GUY."

Yeah, except that he sucks and all.

I'd do it. Britt is a MONSTER when he's on the field. Garcon would hardly ever crack your lineup anyway with what you've got. Britt could be a top five guy, even with the one game suspension. I'd go for it.

I'd do it. Britt is a MONSTER when he's on the field. Garcon would hardly ever crack your lineup anyway with what you've got. Britt could be a top five guy, even with the one game suspension. I'd go for it.

this...

garcon has the dropsies as well. You saw what britt did the first week last year... looked unguardable... i take him and don't look back

britt is also coming off multiple knee surgeries. counting last year and the hammy problems the year before, he's up there in the glass department with vick, dmc, etc.....but theres always the small chance he stays healthy. I think garcon is safer.

Garçon is definitely the "safer" pick, but if we're talking WW pickup I'd go with Britt. He has the potential to be a top 7-8 WR and even if he doesn't pan out, well, it might not cost you anything to find out. I'm a little surprised Kenny is even available to pick up.

I cant wait for garcon to tear it up this season. Every one of you nancys are gonna be thinking how didnt i see it with garcon?? Why did i drop one of the biggest breakouts for a guy with 3 knee sugeries? On top of that why did i choose a wr with a qb that is horribly innacurrate? WHY?!

I cant wait for garcon to tear it up this season. Every one of you nancys are gonna be thinking how didnt i see it with garcon?? Why did i drop one of the biggest breakouts for a guy with 3 knee sugeries? On top of that why did i choose a wr with a qb that is horribly innacurrate? WHY?!

So we're all dropping Garcon for Britt now.

I wouldn't do it, but it depends on your depth and the size of the league. Britt is more of a high upside stash if you can risk him being arrested half way through the season. I do like Garcon this year though, RG3 and him have definitely built a rapport. He's one of those WR3s with WR2 upside but I think he'll be a blatant WR2 before long. Then again, there's more WR2s this year then I can wrap my head around.

I love Garcon this year, and at least with him you're guaranteed a WR that is "THE GUY."

you are guarenteed absolutely nothing.

i'd frankly drop torrey smith for britt, but that's just me.

This comment made me cringe. The fact that Smith finally learned to run routes coupled his speed makes him extremely dangerous. No way I'd be dropping him in even the most shallow of leagues.

I thought Garcon looked great in the preseason with RG3 and I expect him to have a solid WR2 year, lets not forget he had a couple of really good games last year with that crap Colts team. Britt had 2 knee surgeries this year I highly doubt he puts up better numbers than Garcon this year especially with Locker starting.

:lol:

Yup. Kenneth Brittle all day. I dont believe in safe, non-sexy picks after the 3rd/4th round, I always take players with potential for a higher ceiling. Im trying to win here.

"If youre not first, youre last" -Reese Bobby 2006

OMG where is all this "garçon is safe" talk coming from!?The dude just ain't that good!! And he's on the redskins. Ever heard of a guy named Peyton manning? He is the reason you have heard of garçon.

Ok ok so garçon did have some good games last year with whoever played qb for the colts. But c'mon, safe? That's a term reserved for a guy with proven talent in a beneficial situation. Garçon is neither. Could he explode? Sure, he's young and rg3 could be can newton, who knows. But he's absolutely not safe.

OMG where is all this "garçon is safe" talk coming from!?The dude just ain't that good!! And he's on the redskins. Ever heard of a guy named Peyton manning? He is the reason you have heard of garçon.

Ok ok so garçon did have some good games last year with whoever played qb for the colts. But c'mon, safe? That's a term reserved for a guy with proven talent in a beneficial situation. Garçon is neither. Could he explode? Sure, he's young and rg3 could be can newton, who knows. But he's absolutely not safe.

You have to understand, we're comparing him to Kennt Britt here, that makes him about as safe as my virginity.

I go Britt without question.

Kind of off base, but answer mine if you can.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=405634

:lol:

Yup. Kenneth Brittle all day. I dont believe in safe, non-sexy picks after the 3rd/4th round, I always take players with potential for a higher ceiling. Im trying to win here.

"If youre not first, youre last" -Reese Bobby 2006

Hahahaha. I honestly have been keeping it under control this year and not jump too bad on moroms but i just cant help it in this situation. Anyone in the above respobses is so wrong that i feel kind of sorry that they are ok nough to still belong in a league. Lke i said, you will be wondering how you can be so retarded when garcon is tearing it up.

Hahahaha. I honestly have been keeping it under control this year and not jump too bad on moroms but i just cant help it in this situation. Anyone in the above respobses is so wrong that i feel kind of sorry that they are ok nough to still belong in a league. Lke i said, you will be wondering how you can be so retarded when garcon is tearing it up.

You can't fault them for liking his upside. You're acting as if Garcon is the next Megatron. He has the physical tools, sure, but he's yet to put them all together. It's not crazy to favor a dude who started out last year on pace for a 90/1541/16 stat line before getting injured. That stat line includes the game he got injured where he put up a 3/18/0. Although that sample size is small, he was about to have a career year, that is for sure.

Let's take a larger sample size though, how about from 2010. If you extrapolate his totals from the games he played in over the full course of the year, you're looking at a 61/1127/13 stat line. Either way, dude has a ton of upside.

Now the main concerns are of course he knee surgeries and run ins with the law but I'm willing to bet his upside outweighs those concerns. Again, you're laughing at people who would rather choose a guy with top 10 upside over someone largely unproven, seems kind of silly.

You can't fault them for liking his upside. You're acting as if Garcon is the next Megatron. He has the physical tools, sure, but he's yet to put them all together. It's not crazy to favor a dude who started out last year on pace for a 90/1541/16 stat line before getting injured. That stat line includes the game he got injured where he put up a 3/18/0. Although that sample size is small, he was about to have a career year, that is for sure.

Let's take a larger sample size though, how about from 2010. If you extrapolate his totals from the games he played in over the full course of the year, you're looking at a 61/1127/13 stat line. Either way, dude has a ton of upside.

Now the main concerns are of course he knee surgeries and run ins with the law but I'm willing to bet his upside outweighs those concerns. Again, you're laughing at people who would rather choose a guy with top 10 upside over someone largely unproven, seems kind of silly.

Ok my response was pretty bad. Not in context but in gramatical errors. I am wasted so i should he more careful with who i call stupid. I should be at the top of the list of stupidity for spelling, and whoever thinks garcon sucks should be at the top of the list for a know nothing d bab.

if i don't have to count on his production (WR3-4), then britt is absolutely the guy i want to gamble on. if i need a starter, then garcon looks more attractive.

I like Pierre Garcon, I think he is a good receiver....but he is just not as talented as Kenny Britt.

When Kenny Britt is right...he is a beast....I do not know if he will be right this year...but if he is when your playoffs roll around....I want him, by a long shot over Pierre Garcon

Britt basically catches everything, his hands are better than Garcons, not even a question.

If you'd rather have Britt then trade Garcon away in a 2 for 1 deal where the 1st guy you get could add to strengthen a weak spot & the 2nd guy you could toss away to p/u Britt.

This way you get 1 to help out where you're weak & get the WR that you really want.

:dunno:

What kinda craptastic league are you playing in where Britt is on the WW? You should prolly grab Julio Jones while you're at it, before one of the other 3 teams in your league realizes how highly he's ranked in the most recent issue of sports illustrated for kids.