Sign in to follow this  
SuperSteelers

Whose rolling with Maclin

I have him on the bench this week. I am pretty much avoiding Philly players this week. The only one I would play, if I owned him, is McCoy.

Inserted a newly acquired Dexter McCluster into my starting lineup against a poor Bills team. Hopefully we see a high scoring affair.

Starting D-Jax, he's the only one fast enough to get open and Vick will probably throw 15 passes his direction. He should be able to catch at least 7 of those I'd think.

Starting D-Jax, he's the only one fast enough to get open and Vick will probably throw 15 passes his direction. He should be able to catch at least 7 of those I'd think.

So the only way to get open is to be really fast?

Currently planning to bench him for TRich in the flex (non-PPR), don't like the matchup. Might go with him in PPR though.

Thinking about benching Maclin for Malcolm Floyd.

Not feeling great about it though

They just showed a clip of him entering Baltimore stadium with a very noticeable limp. If he doesn't go does that make D.Jackson a better play or worse

Saw him walking in with a limp also. Have him and was starting him in all 3 leagues I have him in. Don't have any better about with Garcon, Jennings and Nate Washington out.

They just showed a clip of him entering Baltimore stadium with a very noticeable limp. If he doesn't go does that make D.Jackson a better play or worse

DJax is not 100% (hamstring), and he is a guy who relies on speed.

For some reason I think that since both are dinged, both will give it a go. How effective they'll be, meh... DJax won't be sprinting down the sideline just to clear out for Maclin; he'll save the hammy for when his number is called.

DJax is not 100% (hamstring), and he is a guy who relies on speed.

For some reason I think that since both are dinged, both will give it a go. How effective they'll be, meh... DJax won't be sprinting down the sideline just to clear out for Maclin; he'll save the hammy for when his number is called.

exactly.

I have both (in different leagues) and will be sitting both of them for McCluster (same as OP). Actually I think McCluster is a great play this weekend so I'm not worried at all.

jdon

My other options are Brandon Lafell and DHB in a .5 PPR across two leagues.

I'm getting the feeling that I should roll Lafell out there with New Orleans D and Steve Smith less than 100%.

Maclin for DHB I'm not so sure about. Might take my chances with Maclin.

Thoughts?

So the only way to get open is to be really fast?

Against that defense? Speed certainly helps. Vick also has accuracy issues, so it's not like running a great route and getting a bit of separation on it will help. Running slow crappy routes however won't get you open against that defense.

I'm getting the feeling that I should roll Lafell out there with New Orleans D and Steve Smith less than 100%.

Thoughts?

Just FYI - rain & light breeze here in charlotte. Temps around 75-80.

Also sounds like a rainy day in Miami.

I am benching D-Jax in the one league I own him. Rather roll with DHB then risk a less then 100% WR facing a very tough Corner. It could burn me but odds are thats the better play and thats all we can do.

Thoughts?

I am rolling LaFell as well. I don't trust Maclin. I can see him trying to give it a go, then after a couple of series he's done. I thought I read the Ravens have given up just 1 TD pass in last 7 games.

I sat Maclin for Jamaal Charles @ Flex. It's odd that my RB's are much healthier than my WR's.

I am rolling LaFell as well. I don't trust Maclin. I can see him trying to give it a go, then after a couple of series he's done. I thought I read the Ravens have given up just 1 TD pass in last 7 games.

Yeah I think it's a decent call. I might end up rolling with Maclin. New week, injury, Bmore D, ect but he had 14 targets to Lafell's 5 last week. If Lafell doesn't score last week he was no better than Louis Murphy.

Tough call...I'm prob going with the more consistent player...

I'm going with Crabtree over Maclin, not sure about it but I'm worried about the reported limp. I'm ahead after Thursday night's game and can't risk getting blanked at WR3.

I'm going to sit DJax in favor of Aldrick Robinson. Jackson has already proven his willingness to coast, and I just don't see the wounded warrior putting up big numbers against a tough opponent. He hasn't really shone when healthy.

I am starting him - by accident. I changed him out and the kids distracted me and I forgot to hit "submit changes".

Go Maclin!

Salvation across two leagues. I was really kicking myself about Lafell. :pointstosky:

P.S. Thank you Doug Orth for being the highest out of any analyst on Maclin this year. Injury aside he's off to a great start.

Injury isn't aside - on the turf now.

:cry:

Crap. At least we got that td.

Jeremy Maclin (undisclosed) was carted off the field during the third quarter of Sunday's Week 2 game against the Ravens.

Be well Maclin.